Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Three Funny TV Shows to Start Watching now that HIMYM is over

By Shannon Stocks
April 15, 2014 - 8:00pm

There is no denying it: the How I Met Your Mother finale was hardly satisfactory. Whether you are up to date with the show or not, you were probably hoping that the episode would be focused on, well, meeting the mother. Spoiler alert: illness, death, and divorce should rarely be involved in comedies. The following are some shows I would recommend if you are trying to get that sour taste of HIMYM out of your mouth. 1. The Mindy Project READ MORE

Single in the City

By Sanah Faroke
April 11, 2014 - 12:40pm

My last semester at BU brought many revelations for me. My perspective on my life, my dreams, my faith, my love life and myself drastically shifted. For the first time in a long time, my new mindset allowed me to put myself first before anyone else. It sounds easy enough to do, right? Who else would I put before myself?  READ MORE

The Pros and Cons of CGS from a Sophomore

By Shannon Stocks
April 11, 2014 - 9:00am

When I first introduce myself to someone—whether it is while yelling above music at a party or awkwardly mentioning my name to a classmate I’ve sat next to for a couple of weeks—one of the first questions asked is, “What school are you in?” I usually blush and mumble “CGS,” and after the initial “What?” and my reluctant louder confirmation of the school, there is the inevitable, “Oh… and how is that?” READ MORE

5 Things I Learned from Elizabeth Bennet

By Charlotte Mooney
April 8, 2014 - 8:30pm

This semester I had the rare pleasure of being assigned a book I a)    Had already read b)   Actually liked c)    Learned something from Not to sound like I never learn something from books; I love books, I love reading. But I’ve had to read some not so fun works over my two years here at BU (looking at you, Descartes) and it’s always refreshing to come across a literary classic with some life lessons and a badass heroine. READ MORE

DIY Jean Shorts

By Emily Pickard
April 7, 2014 - 10:10am

If you’re just starting to change over your wardrobe for spring and summer and are running into some jeans that are old, stained, or just too short, don’t throw them away! Follow these simple steps and give those old jeans a whole new purpose and turn them into cute jean shorts! This can work with dark jeans, light jeans or even colored jeans, and it’s so easy you’ll never have to buy a pair of jean shorts again. STEP 1: READ MORE

5 Restaurants in Boston You Need to Try This Week

By Victoria Pierce
April 5, 2014 - 4:30pm

Calling all foodies! This one goes out to you. Are you fed up of the same old, same old in the dining hall, or tired of cooking for yourself in your apartment? Grab some girlfriends, and treat yourself to a dinner out (why not celebrate making it through midterms?). Here are some of the best restaurants Boston has to offer. I’ve broken them down by neighborhood, and each offer an experience with a different type of cuisine. Explore their menus, and keep your phone handy to make reservations! Bon Appétit! Allston: Ki Bistro READ MORE

How to Take Advantage of the Spring Weather

By Shannon Stocks
April 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

So the sun is finally starting to glare into our eyes on Comm Ave, and as we whip out our Ray Bans, we are ready to move as forward as our clocks have. Enough of this wind which brings tears to our mascaraed eyes and makes our straightened hair look as if we did not wake up an hour early to look decent for class. Enough of feeling too cozy indoors so that if our friends ask, “Do you want to check out Newbury later?” our answer is an enthusiastic nod rather than a snarl which embodies our feelings toward the possible snow, rain, or some nasty combination of both that will ruin any shopping spree.   READ MORE

Registering for Classes at BU As Told By Celebrities

By Karli Bendlin
April 3, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s time to start planning out your class schedule for next semester (already?!)  So you make an appointment with your advisor, who lays out the perfect schedule for you and you know you got this.  You love your new schedule, which doesn’t start till after eleven and gives you Fridays off. READ MORE

11 Reasons Why Mindy Lahiri from “The Mindy Project” is Your Spirit Animal

By Ava Varasteh
April 2, 2014 - 9:00am

1) She’s confident: 2) She knows that leaving your house is overrated:   3) She is a strong, independent woman: READ MORE

10 Reasons to Love April in Boston

By Emily Pickard
April 1, 2014 - 10:05am

Spring is finally here!  And while the end of March didn’t feel so springy, April has no excuse! Its time for the birds to start chirping, the sun to start shining and time for everyone’s winter blues to melt away with the last of the snow piles. But after this winter, you’re probably still a little skeptical about trusting April and the niceness it’s supposed to bring. So, here are 10 reminders about how great April can be and what we all have to look forward to for a real spring here in Boston:   1.    No More Snow READ MORE