Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Your Guide to Enjoying Boston's Warm Weather

By Shivani Patel
September 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer is coming to a close, and the weather is slowly shifting to fall (finally!). Time to break out the cute cardigans and print scarves! However, there are still a few weeks left of good weather. Don’t be lazy, and go out to enjoy it! Trust me – when you’re stuck inside from the crazy snowstorms, come December, you’ll regret not having enjoyed the warm weather. If you’re at a loss as to where to start, here’s a list of a few places you might want to check out: Museum of Fine Arts  READ MORE

Five Reasons to Start Running While it’s Still Nice Out

By Shannon Stocks
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

The sun is warming the pavement on Comm Ave, the sky is a pale blue, the Charles River is a sparkling reflection of the heavens, and one can almost be convinced that this campus never turns into an arctic wind tunnel within a matter of weeks. Listen up ladies: if there is ever a time to lace up the pair of running shoes you have lined up in your newly organized closet, it is now. You don’t need to own a lululemon headband to know that a workout is good for your body, and your body is not yet locked within the confines of Mugar Library or buried under a pile of blankets to avoid the Boston tundra. Here are just a few reasons to start running outside while there is still a 30% that it’s not already raining....

Top 5 Struggles of Off-Campus Living

By Emily Pickard
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Living off campus in an apartment or house with your friends can be awesome. You feel like a real adult- cooking your own food, cleaning up, no quiet hours, and you can decorate however you want. Even though living off campus has its struggles, I don’t think any of us miss the days of living in a tiny double room in Warren Towers! But of course, nothing is perfect, and anyone living off the BU main campus can definitely relate to these top five struggles of off-campus living… Timing READ MORE

Concerts to Check Out This Semester

By Ava Varasteh
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Tired of the frat scene? Bored of bar crawling? No worries friends, because there are tons of great concerts in the upcoming months to help mix up your routine. Whether you’re in the mood for a chill time or a raging dance party there are tons of options all throughout the semester. Keep reading to see if your favorite band is coming to the area and get your tickets fast!   September 20th – Lily Allen at House of Blues http://boston.eventful.com/events/lily-allen-/E0-001-070642277-0   September 21st – The Black Keys at TD Garden READ MORE

Start Organized, Stay Organized

By Emily Pickard
September 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back Lady Terriers! With move-in complete and syllabus week all finished up, the semester is underway. If you’re like me, you’ve started to get worksheets, deadlines, instructions, readings and exam dates. And, if you’re like me, you’re getting all of these things, and getting stressed out. It’s only week number two here on campus, so don’t get too overwhelmed yet! Take these organization tips and you’ll be getting your semester off to a great and stress-free start.   Get a Good Agenda or Planner READ MORE

First Week Freebies

By Danielle Focarile
September 9, 2014 - 3:00pm

As the Weeks of Welcome come to a close and you put away the free pens, t-shirts, and water bottles from Splash, you may think the “freebies” will stop. But, if you know where to look, Boston and BU offer fun free stuff all month. 1.     Collegefest – The annual event held at Fenway where only college kids are permitted to listen to live music, walk around the famous ball park, and of course, fill your swag bags. When? September 13th – 11 a.m.   READ MORE

Our 2014 Finals Week Survival Kit!

By Samantha Bello
May 16, 2014 - 11:14am

After finishing up finals week here at HC BU, we can't thank the national team enough for sending us amazing study snacks to help us power through our final exams! Our 2014 Finals Survival Kits were filled with the following study snacks to keep us fed through finals: 1. Popchips (@popchips)
Popchips have the deliciousness of potato chips with none of the guilt (No, we aren't kidding!). With just 100 calories per bag, popchips are the healthy alternative to your regular potato chip. Instead of being baked or fried, these chips are popped! They're naturally delicious and healthier - leaving you with all of the flavor, but only half the fat of a regular potato chip. ...

Why I'm a "Fal Pal"

By Charlotte Mooney
May 7, 2014 - 9:00am

As a kid, I never had the opportunity to stay up and experience the whole late night TV scene. But as a college student who doesn’t consider going to bed until after midnight, it’s a whole new world to say the least. No one makes me laugh harder on a consistent basis—or has raised the bar for my future husband higher—than Jimmy Fallon. From his start on Saturday Night Live, where him breaking character was the funniest part of his sketches, I developed a crush on the funny man. So yes, you could say I’m a “Fal Pal” (name for a Jimmy Fallon fan) to say the least. He’s just the cutest little nugget, and his creative bits on The Tonight Show never cease to make me laugh. What else do you need in life? Here are the 11 reasons why I’m a “Fal Pal.”...

Life Lessons We’ve Learned From “Friends”

By Ava Varasteh
May 6, 2014 - 9:00am

How to deal when your best friend and ex start dating:     To love yourself:   How to properly use air quotes:   READ MORE

Food for Thought: Brain Foods for the Study Period

By Summer Ford
May 1, 2014 - 2:35pm

There’s no need for a drawn out, eloquently written introduction to set the tone … It’s time to cut to the chase and get down to business. Finals are here! And no matter how prepared you may feel, who couldn’t use an extra boost to help with those long study sessions to come? Preparing for finals can be as simple as snacking away on a few foods known to heighten memory and cognitive functioning. So check out these brain foods you should be consuming while studying for finals. 1. Pumpkin Seeds READ MORE