Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants in the Boston Area

By Sarah E. McCullough
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

Root is a plant-inspired food and juice establishment located in Allston. Its local food is fresh, simple, and most importantly, delicious. Root has plenty of tasty options on its menu for vegetarians, vegans and anyone looking for a feel-good meal. Menu Highlights: Root Burger: House-made black bean and quinoa burger with Boston lettuce, tomato, crispy onions and garlic aioli. Served with a side of dressed greens or herbed fries. Eggplant Caprese Sandwich: Crispy eggplant, fresh tomato, basil, balsamic reduction and creamy thyme sauce on an Iggy's bun. Served with herbed fries or dressed greens. Veg Cleanse: Kale, carrot, orange and lemon. All juices are made fresh and served in a 12 oz. mason jar!...

5 Reasons to Spend Your Next Semester Abroad

By Shealyn Lonergan
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

We’ve all heard it before- studying abroad is a once in a lifetime experience! Having spent the past two months in New Zealand as part of BU’s Auckland Internship Study Abroad Program, I can honestly say I wholeheartedly agree. I’m telling you collegiettes, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity. Especially when BU makes it so easy for us with over a hundred different programs for different majors across the globe. If just the mere mention of this once in a lifetime experience isn’t convincing enough, here are five more reasons why you should spend your next semester abroad! READ MORE

Fall Trend Alert: School Girl Style

By Madison Smith
September 29, 2014 - 12:20pm

Remember that painfully yellow, pleated skirt blazer combo Cher wore in Clueless? Unfortunately, me too. However, that look is in this fall (minus the yellow of course). I'm talking white button downs, layered under an oversized sweater and paired with a cute, pleated, plaid mini skirt. If this is sounding too preppy to you, have no fear. Swap that sweater with a black blazer with leather details. My favorite one can be found here:  http://www.intermixonline.com/product/helmut+lang+crux+leather+sleeve+bl... READ MORE

10 Reasons You Want Jon Snow as Your Boyfriend

By Ava Varasteh
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

1) He looks like a sad puppy that you just want to console:       2) On the rare occasion that he’s not brooding, he has a million dollar smile: READ MORE

The Transfer Diaries

By Cristina Estupiñán
September 28, 2014 - 12:10pm

For those of you who don’t know, transferring is quite the process. My thirst for change began a year ago today. I went to breakfast one morning, and when I arrived back in my dorm, I said to myself, “I need to move.” It was as simple as that. READ MORE

Keeping Healthy Skin in College

By Caroline Gannon
September 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

When college life gets busy, taking care of your skin might seem like a drag. However, taking care of your skin will not only keep your skin looking beautiful and clear now; it is also an investment in the future health of your skin. Here are a few tips on how to keep up with your skin care routine throughout college:     Incorporate skin care into your existing routines READ MORE

How To Survive Getting Sick At School

By Emily Pickard
September 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Five Movies to Check Out

By Shivani Patel
September 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

A great thing about living on Commonwealth Avenue is that we literally live about 5-10 minutes (depending on where you live) from Fenway, and by extension, Regal Fenway. If you’re looking for a relaxing night out, look no further than Regal. It’s surrounded by great places to eat like Panera Bread or Chipotle. If you’re in the mood to save some extra dollars, you can definitely walk to Shaw’s grocery store to pick up some cheap snack and drinks too.    At this point, you’re ready to watch the movie. Make sure you pick up a discounted student movie ticket from the Activities Office on the second floor of the GSU, in front of Metcalf Hall. If you’re lost as to which movie to watch, look no further. Here are a few suggestions to kick-start your movie...

The International Clique

By Jane Le
September 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Beauty Instagrams we Love

By Gina Lopez
September 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

Ever scroll through Instagram wondering how it is that certain collegiates have the perfect winged-eye? Or the name of that nail color that's making us envious? Well sometimes the inspiration comes from great Instagram pages from around the country. Here are some collegiate favorites to serve as inspiration for your next night out: @amrezy: READ MORE