Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Our 2014 Finals Week Survival Kit!

By Samantha Bello
May 16, 2014 - 11:14am

After finishing up finals week here at HC BU, we can't thank the national team enough for sending us amazing study snacks to help us power through our final exams! Our 2014 Finals Survival Kits were filled with the following study snacks to keep us fed through finals: 1. Popchips (@popchips)
Popchips have the deliciousness of potato chips with none of the guilt (No, we aren't kidding!). With just 100 calories per bag, popchips are the healthy alternative to your regular potato chip. Instead of being baked or fried, these chips are popped! They're naturally delicious and healthier - leaving you with all of the flavor, but only half the fat of a regular potato chip. ...

Why I'm a "Fal Pal"

By Charlotte Mooney
May 7, 2014 - 9:00am

As a kid, I never had the opportunity to stay up and experience the whole late night TV scene. But as a college student who doesn’t consider going to bed until after midnight, it’s a whole new world to say the least. No one makes me laugh harder on a consistent basis—or has raised the bar for my future husband higher—than Jimmy Fallon. From his start on Saturday Night Live, where him breaking character was the funniest part of his sketches, I developed a crush on the funny man. So yes, you could say I’m a “Fal Pal” (name for a Jimmy Fallon fan) to say the least. He’s just the cutest little nugget, and his creative bits on The Tonight Show never cease to make me laugh. What else do you need in life? Here are the 11 reasons why I’m a “Fal Pal.”...

Life Lessons We’ve Learned From “Friends”

By Ava Varasteh
May 6, 2014 - 9:00am

How to deal when your best friend and ex start dating:     To love yourself:   How to properly use air quotes:   READ MORE

Food for Thought: Brain Foods for the Study Period

By Summer Ford
May 1, 2014 - 2:35pm

There’s no need for a drawn out, eloquently written introduction to set the tone … It’s time to cut to the chase and get down to business. Finals are here! And no matter how prepared you may feel, who couldn’t use an extra boost to help with those long study sessions to come? Preparing for finals can be as simple as snacking away on a few foods known to heighten memory and cognitive functioning. So check out these brain foods you should be consuming while studying for finals. 1. Pumpkin Seeds READ MORE

What Runs Through Your Mind While Watching Game of Thrones

By Ava Varasteh
May 1, 2014 - 10:25am

Whoa naked people. Who’s that guy? He’s so hot! Oh god, no, I forgot Robb Stark is dead. #Forever Young I hate Cersei. I hate Tywin. I hate Joffrey. Can all of the Lannisters just be killed off please? Arya Stark is such a badass I wish I was her. But, like, minus her family situation and life in general. Khaleesi runs SHOW. On point, Dany. Actually I take it back, I wish I was her, sorry Arya. READ MORE

Senior Struggles

By Sanah Faroke
April 30, 2014 - 11:25am

Our BU alumnus couldn’t have said it any better READ MORE

The Best of BU Snaps

By Shivani Patel
April 30, 2014 - 10:05am

A few years ago, “(insert college name) Confessions” blew up across campuses. Facebook pages were created where any student could send anonymous confessions about their peers. Sometimes cruel, sometimes entertaining, and sometimes both, confessions pages are still going strong. This year introduced a new wave of Facebook pages – college-wide Snaps. The social media app, Snapchat, is popularly known for its timed nature and creative capabilities. It is designed to primarily give friends a snapshot into your life. In February, BU Snaps was born. Students can send snapchats via username “BUsnaps”, BUsnaps@gmail.com or through direct message on its Facebook page. READ MORE...

6 Mistakes You're Allowed to Make in College

By Annie Husted
April 29, 2014 - 9:00am

College is a cornucopia interesting experiences. Whether they be good, bad, funny or (most frequently) embarrassing, we cherish these four years for the many life lessons we learn from our experiences. While in college, mistakes—although oftentimes mortifying—are bound to happen. But fear not, college is not yet the real world—these are the mistakes you are allowed to make in college.   1.  Eating out of the peanut butter jar after receiving a bad grade.   2.  Thinking that you can survive the night on Franzia.   READ MORE

How to Avoid the Stresses of Capstone

By Shannon Stocks
April 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

There is no denying that, since my beautiful capstone paper has been officially turned in, a few of the knots in my shoulders began to smooth themselves out, and my acne has attempted a cease fire on my chin. Now that this torturous four week group project is over, I would like to let out a sigh of relief, sip on some age-appropriate juice, and give future “Capstoners” a word of advice.   Time is the enemy   READ MORE

10 Ways to Wear Pastels

By Emily Pickard
April 27, 2014 - 9:00am

It’s finally springtime in Boston, which means ditching the winter clothes and breaking out the warmer ensembles. Say goodbye to blacks, browns and navy’s, and say hello to some spring pastels! If you’re looking to brighten up a spring outfit with a pop of pastel, here are 10 different ways you can add some color into your spring wardrobe! 1.     Pastel Jeans/Pants 2.     Sneakers or Flats READ MORE