Our Dream Setlist for Beyonce’s Halftime Show at the Superbowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

After getting over the initial excitement that the queen of the human species, Beyonce, would be performing at the Superbowl, I began to think seriously. What is she going to sing? With a catalog as large and full of high-quality anthems, narrowing down a few choice songs would be difficult.

But then it even got harder when I heard Destiny’s Child, the greatest female trio of the 1990s (Sorry TLC, but let’s be honest, don’t go chasing waterfalls), is coming back. Now it would be even more impossible to determine what the set list should be, with Destiny’s Child wide array of #1s (as evidenced by their album called #1s), what degree of awesomeness could we expect?

According to Rolling Stone, we can expect “Crazy in Love,” “Bills, Bills, Bills,” “Survivor” and Destiny’s Child’s new single “Nuclear,” the second most-disappointing song from an awesome 90s survivor this year. But maybe there will be a twist or two–this is Beyonce after all!

Here is my dream set list I would suggest to Beyonce. This is assuming that she has the entire length of the Superbowl to sing–who really cares about this ‘football’ thing?

1. Crazy in Love: This is always a good solid choice, because it gets the party pumping and everyone excited.
  2. Love on Top: A good forum to promote her new-ish album and is just perfect in every way.
  3. Run the World (Girls): We’ll just have a small snippet of this song as Kelly and Michelle come out and (finally) Destiny’s Child is now complete.
  4. Survivor: Because yes.
  5. Bills, Bills, Bills
  6. Jumpin’, Jumpin’: Seriously, this is the best song ever.
  7. Say My Name: As everyone melts from this fantastic explosion of awesomeness, we transition back to Beyonce’s solo career…
  8. Check on It
  9. If I Were a Boy: We have to slow things down before…
  10. Countdown: If you are questioning this choice–you need to listen to this song again.

(You will notice I left “Single Ladies” off this list. Been there, done that, and we don’t have time.) Tweet us at @hercampusbu if you think a song has been overlooked or want to just comment how dangerously in love you are that Beyonce is singing at the Superbowl.

Now the only question is what dance moves will she whip out?

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.