Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Features

10 Desk Décor Ideas to Spruce Up the Study Space

By Eliza White
October 22, 2014 - 11:30am

Getting the motivation to sit down at your desk and study is already nearly impossible. How can we concentrate when we are busy falling for fall? Taking a glimpse at your study space, barren with some stray broken pens and empty gum wrappers, ruins any chance you have at being productive. These 10 décor ideas probably won’t make studying any easier, but they might make you just a little bit happier amidst that homework grind. 1. Bring a little nature into the room to juxtapose with the cinderblock dorm walls. You may be stuck inside on the nicest day ever, but at least you have a cactus. READ MORE

3 Ways to Support Breast Cancer Awareness

By Amy Alexander
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

We all love the month of October, because it means pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, and football. Well here’s even more to love: October is also the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. Her Campus BU is a huge supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness month, because it brings together two of our all-time favorite things: the color pink and giving back to our community. READ MORE

Karl Lagerfeld Stages Feminist Protest for Chanel Fashion Show

By Roxanne Rittmann
October 20, 2014 - 12:15pm

About three weeks ago, with Paris Fashion Week in full swing, Karl Lagerfeld marched down ‘Boulevard Chanel’ at the Grand Palais in Paris during the finale of his Chanel Spring-Summer 2015 fashion show, with a crowd of leggy celebrity models staging a feminist protest in tail. The catwalk turned into a heap of screaming women drenched in colorful floral and box-pleated patterns, shouting, “What do we want? Tweed! When do we want it? Now!” through megaphones. The internationally renown German fashion icon Lagerfeld, who has been Chanel’s chief designer for over 20 years, tells Fashionista that his mother was very much a feminist and the decision to create a faux-feminist-protest to close his show felt “right for the moment.”...

21 Throwbacks To Watch This Fall

By Ava Varasteh
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

The weather is getting colder which means that your bed is the new hot spot to hit up at night. Nothing makes you want to stay indoors more than looking out your window to a gray sky and bare trees. The solution? Don’t go outside! Keep warm this season by cuddling with your comforter in complete darkness with a pumpkin flavored product by your side and a good movie on your TV. To make your life easier we’ve comprised a list of 21 throwbacks to keep you occupied and bring you back to the uncomplicated days of your childhood. Who likes going apple-picking anyways? READ MORE

Top 5 Lazy Halloween Costumes

By Nicole Ficher
October 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

There are the people who go all out for Halloween, and then there are college students. Here are the top five costume ideas for people who want to celebrate the spooky holiday by exerting as little energy as possible.   1.)   "Cereal" Killer Captain Crunch and Tony the Tiger better watch their backs. 2.)   Sim Yaba gat? Ugaba do wadda mag du fabu!   READ MORE

How Your Money Mysteriously Disappears

By Olivia Shur
October 17, 2014 - 11:30am

Oooo, look! Your parents gave you some money to help you through the next week! You plan to be totally grown-up and responsible this time, and not spend it on frivolous things. The next morning, you make a Starbucks run and pick up a Grande Blonde-roast coffee. Nothing frivolous about a coffee, right? READ MORE

The 15 Lessons We Learned From Lauren Conrad

By Brianne Gump
October 16, 2014 - 11:30am

Admit it, since the day Laguna Beach aired and we heard “Let the rain fall down,” we all wanted to be Lauren Conrad. We watched her go to prom, fabulous parties, college, her first internship, and everything in between. We wanted to kill Heidi when she betrayed her and then Stephen....and Jason...and Brody....when they broke her heart. She is the epitome of style and grace, the queen of winged eyeliner, and a successful entrepreneur. Through all the drama, breakups, and tears, she taught us everything we need to know in life and we love her for it. 1) Be a boss bitch. READ MORE

What's In HCBU's Makeup Bag

By Cristina Estupiñán
October 15, 2014 - 11:30am

Are you sick of using mascara that constantly clumps, or looking for a new shade of lipstick to try? HCBU has put together a few of their “must-have” makeup products, and want to share them with you! From eyeliner to foundation to lip stain, we’ve listed our favorite brands and products for you to try! Eyes L'Oreal® Paris Voluminous Smoldering Liner READ MORE

HCBU Spotlight: Meet Our Team (Part I)

By Summer Ford
October 14, 2014 - 11:30am

Meet the faces behind Her Campus Boston Univeristy: fun, hard working, and passionate about HC!  READ MORE

The Perfect Pick-Me-Up: HC's Back-to-School Survival Kit

By Summer Ford
October 13, 2014 - 1:30pm

To say that HCBU was feeling a bit of pressure and stress once we arrived back on campus is an understatement.  We were bogged down with our fall semester classes and activities before we even attempted to get back into the groove of doing what we love and do best: writing for and promoting HC! But Her Campus national and its lovely sponsors swooped in just in time to give us the push we needed to swing into action! We couldn’t be happier with our Back-to-School Survival Kit. Packed with awesome goodies that every collegiate is sure to need, we nearly rushed to our mailbox when we learned our survival kit had arrived (with an adorable label featuring HC pink Band-Aids might we add!). READ...