Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Features

Why Rom Com Fans are Lost Without Matthew McConaughey

By Rachel Mooney
October 31, 2014 - 11:45am

Alright, Alright, Alright. Any fan of romantic comedies knows the name Matthew McConaughey. He has graced the screens of countless romcoms over the years, charming millions with that Texas accent and swooning smile. READ MORE

5 Ways To De-Stress

By Victoria Diamond
October 30, 2014 - 11:00am

5 Easy Ways to De-Stress 1. Call your parents or a friend at home and vent. You’ll feel a lot better about everything going on, even after just telling someone about it, and it definitely doesn’t hurt to get assurance from the people you love most. 2. Go to FitRec! I know this doesn’t sound too feasible when you’re swamped with a ton of homework, but exercising has been proven to reduce stress. And you know you’re bound to spend time procrastinating with online shopping and Netflix anyway, so you might as well go out to the gym and see if it puts you in a better mood.  READ MORE

15 Things You Want To Know About Dylan O'Brien

By Roxanne Rittmann
October 29, 2014 - 11:30am

If you haven’t already seen “The Maze Runner,” you should probably hurry to the next cinema while you still have the chance. Why? Because of major man candy Dylan O’Brien! You may know this 23-year old (rumored to be recently single), 5’11’’, brown-eyed New Jersey stud as Stiles Stilinski from MTV’s series “Teen Wolf,” but Stiles is about to rise to fame as Thomas in Wes Ball’s YA sci-fi, action movie.  Here are 15 things you should know about this heartthrob before he becomes a superstar: READ MORE

Calling All Future Lawyers: Attend The LSAC Law School Forum

By Summer Ford
October 28, 2014 - 11:30am

Calling all future Olivia Popes! The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will be hosting a Law School Forum in Boston on Tuesday, November 11 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront. If the thought of attending law school has ever crossed your mind, LSAC’s Law School Forum is for you! You didn’t actually think an Olivia Pope–inspired wardrobe and Law & Order lingo is all you would need to be a successful lawyer, did you? From technology to healthcare to entertainment, the fields of law are continuously expanding. And we all know what that means: more diverse legal jobs available for us! So it’s time to take the first step and see what the Law School Forum has to offer. READ...

HCBU Spotlight: Meet Our Team (Part II)

By Summer Ford
October 27, 2014 - 11:30am

Meet the faces behind Her Campus Boston Univeristy: fun, hard working, and passionate about HC! READ MORE

Thrilling YA Releases of Fall 2014

By Caroline Gannon
October 26, 2014 - 11:30am

Every lover of Young Adult fiction knows that the fall always brings many amazing new releases, full of intricate plotlines, breathtaking action, and killer character development. Here are a few of these exciting new books, all of which are already gaining popularity:   "Trust Me, I’m Lying" Released on October 14, 2014 READ MORE

Delicious and Healthy Snacks You Can Make at the Dining Hall

By BU Contributor
October 25, 2014 - 11:30am

It’s no secret that it can be difficult to eat healthy in college: we’re constantly on the go, and sometimes it’s hard to put in the time to find something healthy to eat. Here are some delicious and healthy snack ideas you can make from your own dining hall.   1.     Toast, Peanut Butter, Bananas, Granola Whole wheat toast is a great snack, because it’s healthy AND filling. Put on some organic peanut butter, sliced banana, and Sargent granola… and you have yourself a delicious and filling snack.  2. Apples and Caramel READ MORE

Why 90's Music is Better Than Music Today

By Sam Peters
October 24, 2014 - 11:30am

As many BU students are children of the 90s, this decade holds an extremely special place in our hearts. We all remember the ridiculously voluminous front bangs, high waisted jeans and fabulous scrunchies (many of which we donned ourselves.) But what makes the 90s really so special? Two words: the music. In a time of synthesized industry songs, lackluster lyrics and highly sexualized and demeaning messages, music today strays far from the iconic tunes of our adolescent years. From Britney to N'sync and all those in between, let's take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about why 90s music is better than music today. 1.     Pop Music READ MORE

Emojis: Decoded

By Ava Varasteh
October 23, 2014 - 1:26pm

1. What it means: Oh damn. The situation: Someone just sent you a picture of their Big Mac with a side of fries and a McFlurry while you’re sitting at Sweet Green eating a sad, sad salad.   2.   What it means: PREACH! READ MORE

10 Desk Décor Ideas to Spruce Up the Study Space

By Eliza White
October 22, 2014 - 11:30am

Getting the motivation to sit down at your desk and study is already nearly impossible. How can we concentrate when we are busy falling for fall? Taking a glimpse at your study space, barren with some stray broken pens and empty gum wrappers, ruins any chance you have at being productive. These 10 décor ideas probably won’t make studying any easier, but they might make you just a little bit happier amidst that homework grind. 1. Bring a little nature into the room to juxtapose with the cinderblock dorm walls. You may be stuck inside on the nicest day ever, but at least you have a cactus. READ MORE