Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Features

Trying to Get Homework Done as Told by Modern Family

By Ava Varasteh
September 22, 2014 - 4:10pm

Its Sunday afternoon and you finally decide to do your homework. You go into it with an optimistic attitude:   But you quickly realize that you can’t concentrate:   And would rather be doing anything else: READ MORE

Boston's Best Restaurants When You Miss Home-Cooked Meals

By Jadeine Botello
September 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Now that we’ve all settled into our dorms for the school year, reunited with our friends, and received a fair share of homework, the time has come when that sickening feeling you just can’t shake will stop by for a visit: homesickness. As great as BU’s dining halls are, nothing compares to those home-cooked meals you’d been enjoying all summer long. For those days when you’re really missing your favorite comfort food, here’s a list of restaurants in town that will fulfill your cravings: 1.     SoulFire BBQ READ MORE

The Freshman 10: 10 Things NOT to Do as a Freshman

By Charlotte Mooney
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, a young maiden arrived at the ivy covered walls of her new home: Boston University. The maiden was both excited and terrified, as only a freshman could be, and hoped her new home would present her with a happily ever after of sorts. After she had unpacked her suitcases and boxes, and said a slightly tearful goodbye to her family, she found herself facing the endless possibilities and opportunities of freshman year. But with all these decisions, how did she know which ones would be the right ones? And as if answering her thoughts, she spotted a worn piece of paper on the floor of her dorm room, which read as follows…. 10 Things NOT to do as a freshman: ...

Living on Your Own: Expectations vs. Reality

By Ava Varasteh
September 14, 2014 - 1:00pm

You’re finally on your own, living with your friends in an apartment, no parents, no rules. But as fun as it can be, you soon find out that in some regards it sounds a lot better than it actually is. Keep reading for the most classic situations that turn out much differently than you imagined! Ah, independence, finally Expectation: No Parents!! Reality: But now we have a landlord Decorating is going to be soo fun READ MORE

Disney Princesses' New School Year Resolutions

By Zahra Spencer
September 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

For me, September has always been as much a time of renewal as January and while I haven’t done it recently, in high school I used to love to make my “September Resolutions” where I would jot down my goals for the school year- both academic and personal. I decided to revive the tradition and combine it with my obsession with Disney Princesses by writing an article imagining what their resolutions would be if they were young, hot undergraduate women, embarking on a brand new school year. READ MORE

Events Not to Miss at Hillel

By Shannon Stocks
September 11, 2014 - 1:00pm

This year, whether you are a freshmen or a student returning to campus, it is a fantastic idea to branch out and try new organizations at BU. There are over 500 student groups, and fall is the season of subsidized events, giveaways, and, my personal favorite, free food. The following are just some incredible events for students to expect at Hillel, the largest student organization on campus at the moment. Since Hillel has the most members, is non denominational, and is in a central location on campus (216 Bay State Road, right across from Warren Towers), it can be a great place to bring friends and meet people of all different backgrounds. READ MORE

5 Decor Tips to Dress Up Your Dorm

By Jadeine Botello
September 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Seeing your dorm for the first time on move-in day can trigger many emotions: excitement for the school year ahead, hope that you and your randomly appointed roommate will get along, and sheer horror for the dull and characterless room in front of you. If you’re having trouble spicing up your room, here are 5 easy tips to customizing your new space: 1. Light It Up! READ MORE

People Style Watch Comes to BU

By Summer Ford
September 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Between move-in stress and weeks of welcome jitters, we’ve already accumulated enough anxiety to last an entire semester. But freaking over what to wear doesn’t have to be the tip of the anxiety iceberg. StyleWatch – our favorite brand for accessible celeb style – will take the worry out of your wardrobe with the Celebrity Stylist on Campus tour, coming to BU Beach on Sept. 16th from 12-6 p.m. So grab your pens and notepads and get ready to take notes like a fashionista! READ MORE

Guide to All BU Tryouts

By Shivani Patel
September 8, 2014 - 3:00pm

After that incredibly long break that was summer, Boston University students are back on campus to begin an amazing school year. It seems like that first week of classes flew by! With the beginning of the school year comes getting used to roommates again, keeping those pounds off, writing essays, and of course, keeping up with the mad rush to join clubs. It can be stressful, especially for freshmen, to keep track of meetings and tryouts on top of making sure you finish the pile of work on your to-do list. To help those who want to become more involved in a club (but don’t know where to start), Her Campus BU has come up with a simplified list of tryout dates ranging from dance groups to comedy troupes. READ MORE...

3 Ways to Gain Industry Experience on Campus

By Summer Ford
September 8, 2014 - 1:00pm

Everybody knows that you need to have a great résumé to land your dream job! But how are you supposed to juggle a major and a minor, studying for the GRE and boosting your CV? Here are three ways you can gain industry experience without even leaving campus! Join a club related to the field you’re interested in READ MORE