Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Features

HCBU & bareMinerals Pre-CFW Primping Party

By Summer Ford
October 1, 2014 - 7:50pm

With College Fashion Week 2014 in just three days, we know you’ve already zeroed in on a runway-ready outfit for the night. But ladies, did you forget about your makeup? Jaw-dropping attire won’t do you any good without the eyes, lips, and face to match! You’re probably in a frenzy at this point, thinking, “How could I forget about my makeup!?” But never fear…bareMinerals is here! As the official makeup sponsor of CFW 2014, bareMinerals will be hosting a Pre-CFW Primping Party this Friday, Oct. 3, to get you and your girls Beyoncé “Flawless” for the show. READ MORE

Humans of BU

By Nicole Ficher
October 1, 2014 - 11:05am

Humans of BU Snapshots of strangers and glimpses into the lives of BU students Pictured: Eliot Hansen "I'm majoring in computer science…And also, if it matters, I'm an Italian minor. Arrivederci. Oh, can I use a prop [for the picture]?" "Sure." "Also, I'm from California so I haven't quite adapted." It was 80 degrees in Boston that day. (George Sherman Union, Boston University) READ MORE

The Problem with Songs like "Anaconda" and "All About That Bass"

By Meredith Hauser
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

“Yeah, my mama she told me don't worry about your size. She says boys like a little more booty to hold at night.” READ MORE

Thoughts You Have at the Gym

By Charlotte Mooney
September 29, 2014 - 12:30pm

Alriiight, here we go. I am ready to have an amazing workout. Wow, there’s a lot more people here than I expected. Yeah, no, random sweaty guy, I definitely wasn’t planning on getting on that machine before you so kindly cut me off. Ok, I’m on the treadmill, I’ve got my hot new playlist all lined up, and I’m set to run. I appear to be running at a much slower pace than the person next to me, I can go faster. Nope. I can’t. Is this pain in my chest normal? It’s just my body getting warmed up. It should pass soon. Right? These boobs are really becoming an issue. READ MORE

HCBU's Spotify Playlist

By Cristina Estupiñán
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Listening to the same playlist over and over again can give you a headache -- sometimes you just need new music! The writers of HCBU have joined forces to provide you with some cool new tunes.  This playlist is a way to share what songs we’re super into right now, and maybe share some common ground with our readers. We hope to post a new playlist every month, to give you new music and to show you what’s replaying in our heads! We hope you like our October playlist — you can listen to it via Spotify here! Check back at the end of October for our November playlist! Happy Fall! READ MORE

7 Characters We Wish Went to BU

By Zahra Spencer
September 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

I don’t know about you but every time I become hooked on a TV show I like to think about what it would be like to be plunged into their world and I imagine how I would fare living, for instance, in a place like Sleepy Hollow or going to school at Bayside High School. Presuming everyone else shares my tendency to get way too involved in TV shows, I decided to speculate on what it would be like if some of my favorite TV characters actually went to school with me, here at BU (because I clearly have way too much time on my hands). These are some of the characters I think would be amazing additions to the BU community, for one reason or another. Read on to see if some of your favorites made the cut! READ...

Dormroom DIY Facemasks for Acne-Fighting Fun!

By Julia Buckley
September 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

College isn’t easy. It’s exhilarating and liberating and all that great stuff, but it’s just no walk in the park (or the Commons). The workload can be overwhelming. And that's not to mention midterms and finals, which always seem to sneak up on you. Or maybe you knew about the test, but last night’s social seemed more important than that extra hour at Pardee or Mugar memorizing the material (maybe Stuvi2 Lounge if you’re a West Campus woman). It happens. The result? Stress. Then comes that familiar foe we know all too well: the break-out. I’m here to tell you that stress break-outs don’t have to win in the war for picture perfect complexion!  READ MORE

Nordstrom Rack: Our Go-To for the Latest Trends

By Summer Ford
September 26, 2014 - 3:25pm

Last week we got a visit from the always-fashionable People StyleWatch who transformed the student union into a style studio fit for the trendiest BU Terrier. StyleWatch editor Joiee Thorpe transported us to a trendsetter’s paradise! Finding the latest trends at Nordstrom Rack, she packed our style studio with pieces to cover us for every event of the semester. We thought we were taking a break from our studies when we paid Joiee a visit. But we were definitely wrong! She schooled us on finding designer duds with student funds. Joiee’s go-to brand is Nordstrom Rack…She feels like a savvy shopper, aka a “shopping genius”, when she is able to get designer brands at up to 70% off! READ MORE
...

Who Needs a Kitchen: 5 Microwave Recipes to Try

By Meredith Hauser
September 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Sure, it’s fun to fantasize about one day when you’ll have your own place and will be able to cook meals for yourself like a real adult, basking in the delight of knowing that never again will you have to chance your stomach’s satisfaction for the evening by relying on the dining hall for meals; but does anyone ever stop and think that maybe we’re too quick to glorify that stage in life? Consider what actually goes into preparing a meal from scratch. It involves excessive grocery shopping and extensive knowledge of kitchen/cook-ware (I for one, will be the first to admit I possess no such knowledge nor am I willing to learn anytime soon). READ MORE

Humans of BU

By Victoria Diamond
September 25, 2014 - 12:10pm

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve gotten? “Take everything lightly.” Who said it to you? “I read it on Tumblr, it was by this awesome author.” What’s something you wish you knew when you were younger? “I wish I knew that life wouldn’t always be so easy.” READ MORE