Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU News

5 Boston Activities to Get You in the Mood for Summer

By Emily Pickard
April 18, 2014 - 11:40am

With the winter months behind us and with spring flying by, before we know it it’ll be summer here in Boston. And while summer means sun, sand, heat, and being constantly outside, spring is the time when we ease back into warm weather and finally start doing things outdoors. Try one (or all) of these five fun Boston activities to get you and your friends in the outdoorsy mood and to get all of you ready for the summer that’s quickly approaching! 1. Take a Duck Tour READ MORE

Mad about Mad Men

By Annie Husted
April 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Do you crave television shows with drama, scandals and romance? Want to time-warp back into the 1960s? Most importantly-- do you love Jon Hamm? If you can successfully concur with all of these questions, you should be watching Mad Men. Mad Men takes place in New York City in the 1960s, following the life of Donald Draper (Jon Hamm) and his role as director of the creative department at the swanky advertising agency, Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. Although a great deal of the show explores the advertising industry during this era in American history, what really makes the show addicting are the provocative affairs that take place after work hours. READ MORE

Volunteer Opportunities in Boston

By Kalen Valentine
April 15, 2014 - 7:00pm

READ MORE

The Best Items You Can Find at Trader Joe’s

By Annie Husted
April 13, 2014 - 9:00am

In my humble opinion, as far as grocery stores go, Trader Joe’s is the front runner for delicious and reasonably priced food. With its unique atmosphere, gourmet style, and very college budget-friendly pricing, Trader Joe’s cannot be beat. Trader Joe’s has so many great items, but here are a few of my absolute favorites. 1. Speculoos Cookie Butter READ MORE

5 Tips for Staying Healthy and Fit This Spring

By Victoria Pierce
April 12, 2014 - 12:30pm

5 Tips for Staying Healthy and Fit This Spring By: Victoria Pierce   As the semester begins to whine down and we move closer and closer to finals (Ugh…) and summer (we’re almost there, really!), us colliegettes need to keep our bodies up to speed with our minds. It’s not unheard of to lose steam towards the end of the semester, but with spring finally upon us, it’s more important for you to be mindful of your health more than ever. Here are some fitness and health tips to help keep you on the right track.   1.Exercise outside READ MORE

You Know You're From Boston When...

By Ava Varasteh
April 10, 2014 - 9:00am

1) You bleed Dunks iced coffee, and crave it even when its negative degrees out   2) You never refer to Boston as “Beantown”   3) You can’t deal with people who mispronounce the basics like “Copley” and “Worcester”   4) You call this “ruit” not “beer pong”:   (And you’re right)   5) You think that 50-degree weather calls for tanning   6) Anytime someone mentions a celebrity that happens to be from Massachusetts you have to point it out to everyone around you “Oh you watch The Office? Yeah basically everyone in that show is from Boston, so, I don’t know, it’s pretty chill.”   READ MORE

Boston’s Hidden Food Gems

By Danielle Focarile
April 9, 2014 - 9:00am

Are you sick of grabbing the same dish at Noodle St. or Sunset and looking for some tasty treats off the beaten path? Then Boston is just the place!   Jim’s Deli READ MORE

5 Ways to Avoid Getting Sick in Springtime

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
April 8, 2014 - 12:05pm

READ MORE

Closet Keeping: 3 Tips on How to Organize Seasonal Clothing

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
April 5, 2014 - 10:20am

It's been three weeks since Spring Break and there still hasn’t been a dramatic weather change in Boston. What is this 40 degrees nonsense? It's April! I’m anxious to take a stroll down Commonwealth Avenue wearing a Lily Pulitzer dress and singing "I'm walking on sunshine!" The day when I can happily dance around my dorm room like Olive Penderghast shouting, "I've got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine" will be glorious. For now, we all must fight through this awkward New England weather phase. READ MORE

Can You Live Off Eight Dollars a Day?

By Shivani Patel
April 4, 2014 - 9:00am

Urban Ministries of Durham and McKinney ad agency invite you to try and do so by playing their web-based game called Spent. Based in Durham, North Carolina; the Urban Ministries of Durham strives to combat issues such as poverty and homelessness by providing for food, clothing and shelter as well as resources for those affected by these issues. READ MORE