Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Features

5 Fall Essentials for Back to School + 20% Off Yours!

By Kate Moriarty
August 22, 2014 - 8:00am

Summer may be coming to a close, collegiettes, but there are plenty of things to look forward to as you prepare to head back to campus (back-to-school shopping, anyone?)! Take a break from worrying about whether you’ll like your new professors to focus on some of the most important aspects of fall fashion: boots, shoes and bags! READ MORE

Recapping The Best Moments of the Year at BU

By Summer Ford
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

We worked hard. And we certainly played harder. But this school year is coming to an end. Perhaps, before moving on we should take a moment to reflect on we loved most from this 2013-2014 academic year. From early school sponsored events like Splash to later Boston events like Marathon Monday, we’ve definitely had some time well spent here at BU. Here’s what some of you had to say about your favorite BU moment this year:    READ MORE

5 Must-Read Books for the Summer

By Shannon Stocks
May 8, 2014 - 9:00am

If you are anything like me, you love to read but find it hard to do so during the school year. Every time I attempt to crack open the spine of a juicy novel I picked up in the bookstore, or even at Goodwill, I feel this nag inside, knowing that my eyes could be put to better use reading my Linguistics textbook. Summer is the perfect time to adjust your eyes to absorbing stories rather than statistics, and here are some perfect novels that I would recommend for those lazy beach days: 1) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein   READ MORE

22 Facebook Pages to Like

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
May 5, 2014 - 4:00pm

Studying for final exams is never fun. We have to dig back to first day’s notes, make a 100-page study guide, isolate ourselves from any distractions, and hope for the best. We loathe them (finals), but we can’t pass the class without them. As we dive into our study routines, we must remember to schedule time for ourselves. When studying for 12 hours straight, it is imperative that we break away from the books and free our minds. A common “escape” tool is Facebook (You know it’s true). Isolation can cause serious separation anxiety. Facebook is a drug. We need it, crave it, and rely on it for its information seven days a week. So what’s the point I am trying to make? Find entertainment through Facebook Pages. READ MORE...

The Fun Part of Finals Week

By Kalen Valentine
May 3, 2014 - 8:30pm

It’s that time of year again. It’s the last week of classes and the dreaded final exams are right around the corner. Don’t start stressing just yet, though, it may not be so bad after all. Here some parts of studying for finals to actually look forward to: 1. Study Period READ MORE

Top 10 Massachusetts Beaches

By Emily Pickard
May 1, 2014 - 9:00am

If you know anything about Massachusetts, you know that it is a beach girl’s dream. From the North Shore, to the Cape, to Nantucket and everywhere in between, the Massachusetts coastline is lined with surf, sun and sand--making Massachusetts’ summers some of the best. So, if you’re staying in Boston this summer and you and your friends are looking for a weekend beach road trip, then look no further! Here is a lost of the top 10 beaches in Massachusetts.      #10    Name: Sandy Neck Beach  READ MORE

Pros and Cons of The End of The Semester

By Charlotte Mooney
April 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s here! It has finally arrived! The end of the semester is gracing us with its presence and I have been waiting for a long, long time. I can see it, the light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel that is summer vacation. But despite it being a glorious time of celebration, the end of semester has its downfalls. There is no good without evil, right? Ugh. It’s such a double-edged sword when you really think about the end of the semester.    Classes Pro: Less than two weeks until no more school work for three months!  Con: You will put your body/mind through one of the worst experiences of your life: finals.    READ MORE

The 10 Hottest NBA Players

By Zahra Spencer
April 28, 2014 - 10:20am

In honor of the NBA playoffs starting last week and pre-finals week (aka the most stressful week of the semester) starting today, I’ve decided a little pick-me-up is in order. For all of you looking for an excuse to keep putting off that paper you have due on Wednesday, or if you’re just in need of a mini-study break here is my gift to you:  a list of the 10 hottest basketball players in the NBA right now. READ MORE

Getting Ready for Finals: As Told by Mean Girls

By Charlotte Mooney
April 24, 2014 - 2:55pm

Here’s the scenario: the semester is winding down and the weather is finally allowing you to remember what it feels like to be warm. Things seem great, the end is in sight, but alas, there’s that last dreaded hurdle before freedom: finals. Cue me being in the fetal position while shoveling spoons of peanut butter down my throat in order to stem the panic attack. Every semester they creep up on you despite the fact you’ve known about them since before midterms. The bastards. And every semester it’s the same old story of pretending you’ll be prepared this time and not freak out and then not being prepared and freaking out. It’s the circle of life/life of a college student. READ MORE

Best Places to Brunch near BU

By Annie Husted
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

After a long week and a fun weekend out, it is safe to say that this statement applies to the majority of collegiettes: We love brunch. Luckily, BU is situated right by Brookline and Allston—both of which have delicious places to brunch. So ditch your dining hall eggs and bacon and try one of these delicious, local restaurants. 1. @Union 174 Harvard Ave. Allston, MA 02134 This place is only about a ten-minute walk from BU’s west campus. The food is delicious and inexpensive—need I say more? READ MORE