This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Netflix’s new show, Girl Boss, aired on the streaming site a few weeks ago and if you haven’t checked it out yet, you should. The show is a major throwback to the early 2000’s in San Francisco. Sophia and her best friend, Annie, live in the golden city on the verge of a tech boom in 2006. While only one season has been produced, the season spans from 2006 to 2008 and follows Sophia, a reckless 20-something-year-old, on her journey navigating entrepreneurship, adult love, and proving to her father that she’s more than a flight risk.

After being fired from yet another job, with no money to pay her rent, Sophia struggles to find her footing. Her father has little to no faith in her, and for a second it seems as if Sophia is willing to go down without a fight. However, as the season progresses, Sophia discovers her true passion: selling vintage clothes on eBay. To find out more, check out the show on Netflix. With only 13 episodes that are roughly 20 minutes each, it shouldn’t take you long to get through the whole show. The next season has yet to establish a final release date, but rumors are that Netflix has begun production for the second season.

If you’re feeling lost and unsure of your true path, and if you’ve been told ‘no’ too many times, let Sophia walk you through the trials and tribulations of adulthood.

Lucy is a junior studying Psychology at Boston University. She lives in San Diego but prefers Boston. She has one cat but she would really like a large dog. You can find her lounging on the Esplanade, binge-watching Netflix in her room, or hanging out with friends on the BU beach. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.