Movies Hitting Theaters Soon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the weather gets chillier, and you and your squad start looking for weekend plans that won’t involve bearing the frigid winter frost, look no further than your local movie theater, which is soon to be packed with must-see flicks.  Going to the theater is so much more social than holing up in your dorm with your Netflix account, and bonus points, you don’t even have to make your own popcorn!  Check out this list of upcoming movies you’ll want to see on the big screen.  

The Edge of Seventeen  

Source: www.edgeof17.movie  

You definitely don’t want to miss this coming-of-age comedy, starring Hailee Steinfeld, Academy Award nominee for True Grit and songstress behind radio jams like “Starving” and “Love Myself.” From the trailer, it looks like an honest, relatable, and especially hilarious portrayal of being a modern-day teen, where you can find laughs in the awkward experiences of adolescence in the midst of your own mid-semester stress.  Catch it in theaters on November 18th!  

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them  

Source: www.tickets.fantasticbeasts.com  

For all of those diehard Harry Potter fans out there, you are most definitely counting down the days until the release of this much-anticipated addition to films inspired by the magic in J.K Rowling’s novels.  Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is going to explore the wizarding world in America, contrary to Harry Potter’s England-set Hogwarts.  The movie also has an all-star cast including the handsome Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp, and Zoë Kravitz.  If you want to escape to a world of magic and fantasy, or want to see J.K Rowling’s novel transformed into a screenplay, make sure to see this film in theaters.  Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will be coming to theaters everywhere November 18th!   

Moana 

Source: www.movies.disney.com 

If you want an excuse to be a kid again, look no further than Disney’s newest animated film, Moana.  The plot of Disney’s newest creation follows Moana and Maui as they try to save their island, and it’s sure to be filled with both comedic and heartfelt moments.  Not only is Moana sure to become the newest heroine of Disney film, but cute animal sidekicks such as Pua the adorable piglet, are sure to join the ranks of The Little Mermaid’s Flounder or Frozen’s Olaf (okay, so he wasn’t an animal but he was adorable!).  Even better, Moana will be in 3D, so don’t miss it’s theater premier on November 25th!     

Office Christmas Party  

Source: www.imbd.com  

Office Christmas Party is sure to be the Christmas-time comedy you needed this holiday season.  Featuring comedy pros like Kate McKinnon (who plays Hilary Clinton on Saturday Night Live parodies), SNL co-star Vanessa Bayer, Jason Bateman, and the iconic Jennifer Aniston, this movie is sure to get you laughing into the holiday spirit.  Capturing an office Christmas party gone out of control, and a CEO (Jennifer Aniston) trying to wrangle in her rowdy staff, this movie is guaranteed to keep you entertained.  See it this holiday season, opening in theaters on December 9th!  

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.