The Magic of Mozzarella Sticks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Being a college student means dealing with tough demands: a busy schedule, too much homework and meetings upon meetings. We get it, we all do. But, with such demands and not enough hours in a day, how does one find time to make themselves a truly fulfilling meal? Look no further, because the solution to your problem, any problem really, is mozzarella sticks.

Okay, so this might all be an overstatement considering we are talking about a finger food. However, there are many added benefits to this simple guilty pleasure we all have come to adore.  

1. Mozzarella sticks can please anyone.  

They perfect for the indecisive people of the world. Do you want crunchy? Do you want savory? Do you want both? Then you know you want mozzarella sticks.

2. Mozzarella sticks are quick and easy.

Okay maybe a salad is too, but treat yourself every now and then and indulge on this not-so-guilty pleasure.

3. Mozzarella sticks are vegetarian

It’s great that they can accommodate those who choose a meatless lifestyle.  If you are not vegetarian, then go ahead and use it as an excuse of being healthy by not eating meat. It’s a stretch, sure, but no shame in trying.

4. Mozzarella stick pizza is a thing. 

Fine it at at T Anthony’s! Eat it, love it, and live it. Enough said.

5. Mozarella sticks are just plain fun. 

And finally, this one you’ve probably been waiting for—mozzarella sticks remind you to enjoy those little things in life and to not take it too seriously.  Life can be stressful in general—you don’t just have to be a college student to know that. So when life gives you lemons, or in this case mozzarella sticks, eat them and enjoy them. Find the little joys in your day to day routine whether that be listening to your favorite song, taking a nice hot shower, or indulging in some guilty pleasures now and then. Find that time for self care that everyone seems to know about but never actually partakes in. Your mind and body will thank you in the end.

Also, learn how to make some easy mozzarella sticks at home, here! Looking for a healthier version? Well look no further! We’ve got you covered here.

Sophomore studying Communication Studies and Sociology at Boston University. When not frolicking around campus she can be found at Yogawroks or a cute coffee shop around Boston with her camera (except on Thursday nights which are dedicated to Shonda Rhimes.)
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.