Lord & Taylor Trendsetter: Cassidy Kelly (COM ’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Are you a trendsetter?” asked Lord & Taylor as they sought Boston University students to be the face of their new brand ambassador program, launched this past September. Applications rolled in, but only two BU students could fill the positions. So without further ado, meet Cassidy Kelly, one of this year’s Lord & Taylor Trendsetters!

Cassidy, a COM advertising major and business minor, jumped at the opportunity to become a Trendsetter. After learning about the ambassador program through Her Campus she was immediately intrigued. And for her, it all happened so fast.

“It was really exciting when I found out that I had the position because once I applied I found out a week or so later that I was a finalist and then from there learned I had the position”, said Cassidy.

She has been working with BU student and Trendsetter Bailey Clement to bring Lord & Taylor to BU’s campus. The duo has hosted multiple Lord & Taylor gift card giveaways as well as coordinated in-store shopping parties fit for the trendiest terriers. Cassidy feels she has already learned so much about the power of social media and working with a top brand to get a sense of how companies work. She turns to Lord & Taylor because of its versatility.

“It’s really important to feel comfortable in your clothes and Lord & Taylor really emphasizes and caters to that attitude with the variety of clothing options they offer,” said Cassidy.

It’s easy for Cassidy to serve as the programs’ marketing director as she feels the brand falls in line with her her personal style.

“They have such a relaxed, comfortable feel and everything they carry are classic pieces that I can wear so many times and in so many ways,” she said.

It’s a wonder Cassidy has been able to juggle being a Trendsetter along with her other extracurriculars. Her sophomore year comes to close after having taken on 22 credit hours this spring semester (whew!). Cassidy also keeps busy with her sorority, PRSSA, Her Campus, and a part-time job. Talk about exhausting!

“It’s been a busy year, but I love everything I’m doing,” said Cassidy.

She’s definitely not complaining about adding Lord & Taylor to her plate. Cassidy recommends that anyone interested in the program should apply.

“I’ve had such a fun experience with this opportunity, it’s really just been great to learn more about the company and work closely with a brand that I’ve grown up with and love myself for so long,” said Cassidy.

It won’t be hard to find this Trendsetter on campus! Look out for Lord & Taylor and she won’t be far. Follow her and Bailey on Instagram and Twitter @LTatBU for the latest trends, style inspirations, and exciting giveaways. They’ll be posting all of the latest and greatest, trendsetting announcements, so you’ll want to keep in touch with Lord & Taylor happenings on campus!

For now, congratulate Cassidy on her Trendsetter position and compliment her when you notice her strutting down our Comm Ave catwalk in the latest trends from Lord & Taylor! 

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis