Linoy Smider (CAS ’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Meet fellow BU sophomore and campus cutie Linoy Smider from Frankfurt, Germany!

If she isn’t tearing down Allston, you can find her dolled up at the Italian restaurant Sorellina on Huntington Avenue enjoying a juicy steak or slurping sake at Umai on Newbury Street.

Just fresh into her Psychology major, Linoy has switched out of the CFA Acting program and hopes the more academic educational track will help her blossom as a person and an actress later in life. She still plans on making use of her acting talent once she has graduated, though.

Linoy has been lucky enough to have played her dream role of Lady Macbeth from Shakespeare’s Macbeth three times already. Because of the complex nature of this character it is a different experience every time. Linoy would love to land a part on Game of Thrones or play Nancy Botwin from Weeds. Her favorite characters are the badass ones.

This summer, the green-eyed beauty is planning on traveling back to Germany for most of the time to enjoy the sunny beer gardens and hanging out by the Main River. What she misses most about Germany are the people. They are very open and honest and always get straight to the point. She really misses the soccer season that took the world (especially Germany) by storm last summer. “The spirit during the World Cup is amazing!”

The great thing about Europe is that everything is so close (with Germany in the center). Linoy is definitely planning on traveling around a lot this summer and thinking about hitting up Israel to visit her family that lives there, Ibiza for the fruity cocktails and insane parties, London for the British accents and double-decker busses, and Amsterdam for the…“architecture”.

Linoy loves surprises. That’s why her craziest vacation might have been a one-night stay in Amsterdam last January. Her favorite date would therefore have to be a surprise, “but if I had to take a stab at it, my ideal date would be being flown over to Vegas in a private jet with a really hot guy. But I’m also down to go hiking or something.” Linoy really likes to do crazy things but she won’t say no to a nice dinner date either.

So, if you are planning a Euro-trip anytime soon and need some tips of things to do and places to go that will spice up your adventure, this cutie is the one to hit up! Next time you see her, make sure to shout “Schland über alles!”

Roxanne is a 21-year old Boston University student from Düsseldorf, Germany, who is majoring in Film & TV and is currently completing a semester in Los Angeles, California.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.