Lauren Keane (CAS ’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

From Washington, D.C, junior psychology major and public health minor Lauren Keane is the kind of girl that loves to laugh, keep her friends laughing with her witty humor, and casually wants to save the world through promoting improvement of health in third-world countries.

Since she was young Lauren has loved exploring the outdoors. She attended fishing camp, for SEVEN years as a kid, her go to fun fact, because really who can say they spend that many summers on the open water?

You can find this blue-eyed blonde at her favorite spot on campus, the theology library, because it’s so extremely quiet she can get right into studying mode without social media distraction.

“I feel like I would be disrespecting some holy power if I don’t focus on my work,” Lauren jokes. “Also I like Cane’s if that counts as on campus.” If Lauren is not in one of those places or teaching herself to play songs on the ukulele, she may be managing her dogs Instagram account (@bodesworld) where she posts adorable pictures of her golden lab Bode.

Lauren also enjoys being active in both her sorority and fitness. She loves exercises that are lively and fun, like getting involved in intramural sports through her sorority.  She is also the chapter’s Sunshine Chair, bringing smiles to girls in her chapter through birthday gifts and hand written messages.

If her sweet and beautiful exterior doesn’t tell you already, Lauren is one of Boston University’s campus cuties with a radiating ability to live life with a positive outlook.

Lauren’s passion for travel is a huge part of her life. In high school Lauren traveled to Cambodia where she aided in building a house for a displaced family. Recently she studied abroad for a semester in Geneva, Switzerland,  during which she also travelled to various other countries

“My favorite was Rome, I am not 100% sure why, besides the lasagna, but when I was walking down the street there and BAM there was the Colosseum and my friend and I burst into tears. I guess I just get emotional around historical landmarks,” Lauren says.

Aside from European food, if you were to ask anyone close to Lauren what her favorite is they would immediately chuckle and tell you it is in fact baked beans.

“It’s super convenient because a lot of people hate them so I always get to have extra,” Lauren added with her charming smile.

In a guy, if you couldn’t tell from above, Lauren looks for someone who can keep her laughing and smiling, “someone who can prioritize fun,” she says.

“I would much rather be with someone fun and goofy rather than trying to be cool 24/7 ya know?”

Oh, we here at HerCampus know Lauren!

(Me and the Blonde Cutie herself)

Samantha is a junior Broadcast Journalism major in the College of Communication at Boston University. She is the celebrity news anchor on Good Morning BU on BUTV 10. The campus Manager for University Tees and the current Vice President of Recruitment for sorority. She firmly believes that not all who wonder are lost, the ability of food to fuel the soul.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.