This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Snapshots of strangers and glimpses into the lives of BU students

“What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?”

“Moving, I think.”

“How was the process of that?”

“It was weird…Like, I’m going to live in this place that I’ve never been to and then I arrive and it’s like…this is your house now! And then your parents leave and you think, ‘Wow. This is really it. I’m not going home’.”

“Was it very sad for you?”

“I was sad when I had to say ‘Bye’ to my friends. I have these two best friends that I literally grew up with… We’ve always done life together, so when we all left…It’s like your life is in parallel with another person’s and then when you don’t have that anymore, it’s weird. We lived in the same place and did the same things, basically had the same life, you know what I mean? Here, you don’t have anyone like that anymore. Even now, I subconsciously think that they’re also in school and they’re seeing and doing the same things, but really, they’re on the other side of the world.”

(Warren Towers, Boston University)

Nicole is a junior Film/TV major at Boston University. She's an Argentinean first generation student who made the leap from Miami to Boston for college. She has chosen writing as a career for reasons no one can explain, except maybe with theories of her masochistic tendencies. She dreams of being on a writing team for a sitcom and someday becoming a showrunner of her own original show.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.