How to Turn Your Typical Night in into a Spa Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It may seem hard to have a full-on spa night in a small college dorm, but it is possible to have a relaxing night in in the confines of your dorm, here’s how.

1. Long Showers/Baths

Credits: Gulf Insider

A long shower/bath is the absolute best way to start off your spa night. I like to set the water to a warm temperature and take my time since I’m usually in a rush during the week. I like to take my time washing my body, shampooing my hair, and shaving. When I’m done with my shower, I like to moisturize my entire body and just relax in my robe for a while. This feels extra great with fresh sheets, so make sure to do that beforehand as well.

2. Face Masks

Credits: How Face Care

After my shower, I like to put on a face mask. I personally use the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, but there are a bunch of other great options. I like to put on my mask and lay in bed and use my phone while I wait for it to dry. After my mask is dried and washed off, I like to moisturize with the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

3. Mani/Pedi

Credits: CBS San Francisco

So unless you’re good at giving yourself a manicure or a pedicure, it may be better to just go to a local nail salon. As a college student, it’s not always possible to spend money on your nails but it’s important to treat yourself every so often.

4. Threading/Waxing

Credits: Time Out

You’ll probably have to leave your dorm for this as well, but a spa night isn’t complete without fresh eyebrows and a hairless upper lip, etc. I personally prefer threading but you should stick with your preferred hair removal method.

I hope this will motivate you to take a spa night to relieve all your stress and make you feel refreshed and ready for another week. With all the stress that college brings, it’s important to take a moment to treat yourself and take your mind off things. So if you haven’t taken the time to treat yourself in a while, make sure to do it now, you deserve it!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Clarissa is a senior majoring in Journalism at Boston University's College of Communication. Besides writing, Clarissa loves Srabble, astrology, and satire. ?
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.