How To: Style a Blazer 6 Ways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A blazer is an essential piece of clothing that every girl should own because it’s so versatile! You can dress it up for an interview or work and then dress it down for class or a day of shopping. But with any article of clothing that you’ll be getting a lot of wear out of quality is important! You want to invest in a blazer that will last you years to come because a blazer will never go out of style and will always be a girls’ secret weapon to looking polished. My choice is this gorgeous navy blue wool blazer from J. Crew Factory ($138). It’s a great alternative to a basic black blazer but it’s still in a timeless color that can be styled in many different ways! Here’s how:

1. This first outfit is great for work or a long day of classes! The chambray shirt is super comfy but the blazer keeps you from looking sloppy.
Shirt: J.Crew ($78), Jeans: UO ($78), Flats: Asos ($21), Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs ($300)

2. This look would be perfect for an interview or any day you need to be dressed up! The fun flats keep the look fun and youthful.
Dress: F21 ($28), Tights: Anthropologie ($15), Flats: Steve Madden ($100), Belt: F21 ($3.80)

3. Throw your blazer on top of a nautical t-shirt to get a laid-back vibe!
Shirt: F21 ($15), Jeans: Madewell ($115), Shoes: UO ($159) and Sperry ($72)

4. Who says navy and black doesn’t go together? This is the perfect combination of edgy and polished. Don’t be surprised if you get mistaken for a model!
Blouse: Zara ($80), Pants: AG Adriano Goldschmied ($199), Sneakers: AllSaints ($195).

5. This is definitely the most casual blazer look and would make a great lazy day outfit!
T-shirt: F21 ($4.80), Jeans: UO ($69), Shoes: Converse ($45), Watch: Michael Kors ($250).

6. Last but not least here’s a look for all you preppy girls! Pair this blazer with bright colored jeans and some riding boots.
Shirt: Madewell ($60), Pants: Jack Wills ($90), Boots: Jack Wills ($298).