How to Start the Spring Semester Off Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

New year, new you? Possibly! Spring semester can be your chance to let whatever happened first semester go. It’s a fresh start, so here are a few ways to make the most of the first half of 2016! 

Start going to gym

Even a quick jog on the treadmill is a great way to start off the semester. You’ll end up feeling healthier and more energized!

Be your #1 supporter 

Maybe 2015 wasn’t your best year, but you can use that to your advantage. Put all of that pent up energy into making you the best version of yourself you possibly can. If you wake up every morning thinking positive thoughts, you’ll have a better day. 

Get a planner and become a planner 

Writing down plans and mapping out your time can make everything feel a lot less overwhelming. You’ll never forget to do your homework and you can plan around your classes! 

Dress cute every day even if you’re exhausted 

The better you dress the better you’ll feel. Dressing up even for class means you’ll be prepared for anything.  

Do your homework the day it’s assigned

Stop procrastinating! Cut down on Netflix time and do your reading instead. No more panicking about due dates-it’ll already be done! 

Drink lots of coffee

Drinking coffee will keep you awake, especially for those 8 a.m. classes! It’ll give you a little extra jump-start and keep you going all day so you don’t nap and waste time! 

Spring semester is a time to start fresh. Take advantage of every moment and make this semester yours!

Jamie is a freshman in the Boston University College of Communication with the intention of obtaining a degree in Journalism. Her main interests include beauty and lifestyle content, as she seeks to use her extensive knowledge in the beauty industry to help out other girls and spread self-confidence. She hopes to have a career in the magazine industry as a writer. If you can't find Jamie taking a nice, long stroll down Newbury with a Starbucks vanilla iced latte in hand, you'll be sure to find her sitting on BU Beach binge-watching Netflix. Follow Jamie on Instagram: @jamshore
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.