How to Make The Best Care Package for Your BFF on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The fact of the matter is, we are college students and pretty dang broke. Thankfully, money is no obstacle in making a great care package. Since we know our best friends better than anyone, we know they’ll love anything we send to them because it’s the thought that counts. But in case you are struggling with ideas, here are some suggestions.  

1. Comfort Food 

Who doesn’t love food? Grab a bunch of your best friend’s favorite snacks for her to snack on while she studies or watches Netflix. Food is always good, especially when it’s free.  

2. “Winter is Coming” Necessities 

Besides food, add some winter essentials to help your bestie get through the final stretch of the semester. Add a scarf or some lip balm, maybe a movie to watch if there could be a snow day.  

3. Notebook of Love 

Buy a simple notebook and fill it with lyrics from your best friend’s favorite songs or quotes from her favorite book. For a really special gift, ask your mutual friends to send in a quote about why they love your friend and add it to the book!

4. Personalize everything. 

Add a sticky note to each item in the care package. Just write a sentence or two on why you decided that this was something that you had to send. There’s something so valuable in a handwritten message because they’ll know they were in your thoughts. 

5. A Letter 

No care package is complete without a letter, or a card at the very least, to sum up why best friends are so incredibly important in our lives. 

It’s the time of giving thanks. And best friends are one of the many things we’re thankful for. They help us through hard times and distance is never a problem. Whether they’re at a different university in the city or they’re states away, a best friend is there for you no matter what. So this Thanksgiving, send a totally personalized care package to show your best friends just how wonderful they are! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.