How to Look Good First Thing in the Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When the semester starts getting busy, it means less sleep, less time, and looking more and more like a troll when we wake up in the morning. Luckily, there are a few things that us ladies can do to quickly transform back to a normal college student.

1. Dry Shampoo: Sometimes, we don’t have time or energy to wash our hair and then have to blow dry it. It take a ton of time and it isn’t good for our hair. Luckily, dry shampoo was invented and is pure genius. This spray on powder absorbs oil in your hair making it look cleaner while adding thickness and volume. A quick spray and brush through and your hair is clean!
  2. Wash your face and apply moisturizer: Adding some moisturizer to your rountine can perk up your face. Try an all-natural one with SPF (a must!) such as the Yes to… line!
  3. Look for makeup with caffeine in it: Just like how I can’t function without my morning coffee, my makeup doesn’t work as well either. Using makeup with caffeine in it is a great way to perk up your face and get some blood flowing while reducing redness and puffiness. 
  4. Use an under-eye concealer in a salmon color that is a little reflective: Using a salmon colored concealer under your eyes will counteract that blue-toned dark circles. Using a light reflective concealer will conceal bags.
  5. Throw on on some blush and bronzer: Blush and bronzer will bring some color back to your troll-like lifeless face. Apply pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and bronzer to the hallows of your cheeks, your temples, and down the bridge of your nose so you don’t look like you’ve been living under a bridge for years.
  6. One word: eyedrops: Using eyedrops to reduce redness in your eyes will make you look more well rested and happy.
  7. Utilize white/beige eyeliner to look awake: Using a white or beige colored eyeliner is a great way to look refreshed. Curling your eyelashes and applying mascara is also a good way to open up your eyes and make them appear bigger to get a doe-eyed look.
  8. Tinted lip balm: Bring some color back to your lips with a little tinted lip balm in (bonus!) a yummy flavor.
  9. Wear a bright color! Wearing a bright color will not only make you appear like you’re bright and happy when you feel inside like a monster, is a great way to fake it until you make it.
  10. Go get some coffee: Now that you don’t look like a troll, don’t continue to feel like one. Go get some coffee to put you in a good mood and start your day off right.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."