This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Let’s be honest- the 5 hours you spent in the library “studying” was probably more like an hour of facebook stalking, three hours of thinking about how you have to study, and maybe 45 minutes of actually accomplishing something. The library is the devil, school is hard, and girls get distracted easily so it’s only natural that studying is an absolute struggle for us. At least we try right?

Here’s how studying for girls actually goes:

1. You go to the library and talk about how you’re going accomplish a lot

2. Set up a study station

3. Realize you’re going to need coffee

4. Then realize you should also get food

5. Start to kind of study

6. While also opening then closing Facebook 40 times

7. Have an anxiety attack about how much you have to do

8. So you spend 2 hours making a to-do list

9. Then you quickly check your phone and accidentally spend an hour on Instagram

10. Then you start to panic again

11. You calculate the grade you need to get to pass

12. Contemplate dropping out

13. You decide to leave the library because you “can get more done in your room”

14. But then you start going through friends’ photos from 2009

15. All of the sudden you are stalking your friend’s cousin’s girlfriend’s sister

16. So you tell yourself you will start to study again once it hits the next hour mark

17. You have more than your name written down now and you finally start to make some progress

18. So you convince yourself that the information on the exam is actually just “common sense” so you really don’t even need to study

19. Say a prayer and go to bed

Study hard collegiettes and hope your future husband is studying harder!

Brianne is a junior at BU where she is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in going out Monday-Sunday. She refers to Vogue as her bible, is addicted to instagram and the Real Housewives, and considers mimosas to be a food group. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.