How to do Brunch the Right Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

What better way to reminisce on the weekend’s events than with a cup of steaming hot coffee, a plate of fluffy pancakes, and juicy drama. So put on that dress you have been dying to wear, wipe off the remnants of last night’s smokey eye and call your girlfriends for a Sunday Brunch that will epitomize sophistication. These brunch hotspots will get you out of the rut of your usual microwave oatmeal and provide you with a meal that will leave you energized and satisfied for your afternoon in Mugar.

The Friendly Toast:

1 Hampshire Street Cambridge,

MA 02139

This breakfast hotspot attracts crowds with its decadent pancakes and homemade toasts, so be prepared to wait in line for a table! The vibrant decor and diner-like atmosphere captivates your attention with each quirky banner and nostalgic memorabilia. This unique atmosphere is consistent with the elaborate menu that includes such specialties as pumpkin pancakes, breakfast burritos, and green eggs and ham! The portions are huge, so don’t be afraid to split an order of pancakes or be prepared to take some leftovers back for an afternoon snack!

Trident Books Cafe:

338 Newbury St. (Mass. Ave.)

Boston, MA 02115

On the bustling pavements of Newbury Street, this little cafe is nestled behind the bookshelves of a small bookstore. This cafe draws crowds with its steaming cups of coffee and a menu that satisfies any craving. The Challah bread french toast, buttermilk pancakes, and breakfast scrambles are a delicious start to any morning. If in the mood for a sandwich, the ‘Cape Codder’ is my personal favorite with melted provolone, turkey, bacon and cranberry mayo on two thick slices of Challah bread.

Crispy Crepes Cafe:

512-A Park Drive

Boston, MA 02215

This little restaurant is located in the heart of South Campus and is the perfect place to go for a classic plate of eggs and toast, or to indulge in a sweet crepe! The crepe menu includes Nutella crepes filled with fruit, and jelly filled crepes. These crepes are the perfect size to share (and to split the guilt)! The Crispy Crepes Cafe also has numerous egg dishes and french toast that uses thick slices of bread. This brunch spot is the perfect option if you want to try something new for breakfast, but don’t want to venture off too far.

Warren Towers:

Yes, this may not be the place you had expected to have brunch, but don’t underestimate a good omelet when you see one.  The convenience of this popular dining hall boasts the essentials of steaming hot coffee, hash browns, and an omelets bar that can compliment anyone’s cravings. The omelet station is always a popular delicacy for the morning crowd of hungry students, so be prepared to wait in line. But the wait is worth it, as for the fluffy omelets’ are delicious! My personal favorite creation is an egg white omelets with tomatoes, mushrooms, and green onions!

Photos from:

Friendly Toast: 
http://www.tinyurbankitchen.com/2010/02/friendly-toast.html

Crispy Crepes Cafe:

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."