Henry Johnson (CAS’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This ginger gent is an HCBU magnet. Henry Johnson is a junior at Boston University studying computer science. He is rockin’ back to school with punk fusion. The Los Angeles native describes his wardrobe as early punk and Classic American. Above, he’s sporting a River Island bomber jacket, American pop band’s The Story So Far t-shirt, H&M pants, ALDO shades and a leather backpack, a Kenneth Cole wrist watch, and GBX Chelsea shoes. Henry admits he relies on ALDO for accessories. As far as style inspiration, he name-drops actor Justin Theroux. Along the lines of fashion guybles (Guy Bibles), Henry flips through the pages of Details, GQ, Esquire, and worships Esquire’s The Big Black Book. While walking up and down Commonwealth Avenue, you’ll find this fashion aficionado walking the walk in Ralph Lauren’s Denim & Supply, A.P.C, River Island, or Public School. On the blocks of Newbury Street, you can spot Henry 90% of the time shopping in All Saints and Scotch & Soda. He stays true to his roots by owning items from Stampd LA and California surf-based shop M.Nii. This skinny jeans lover also keeps a tab of fashion blogger Tommy Ton’s tumblr and visits the DAPPER LOU webpage. Fashion trends come and go, but one of Henry’s particular accessories will always make a statement. His glowing Green Lantern ring accompanies every outfit. The young stylist says the ring empowers him to not be consumed by fear. Based on the way he puts himself together, he has nothing to worry about. 

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis