This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Allston, MA, is full of surprises. If you never explore, you’ll never know. One of the funkiest places is POP Allston. It is a community space for various events. The window display is only part of the fun.

On certain days of the week, the space transforms into a open skate park, a vintage market, an art gallery, or a yoga studio. The HCBU team made a trip to experience Glow Yoga.

Glow Yoga combines the art of yoga and the art of neon body paint. Beginner and advanced yogis gather together to channel their inner goddess. Everyone literally glows in sweat. (Dreams made). Before the exercise begins, participants paint suns, dots, and cool shapes on their faces, arms, and bellies. The view from downward dog is a beautiful sight.

Emily Brandvold (right) applying body paint to fellow HCBU member Zoe Hawryluk

Instructor Ali Singer, who is the founder of Yoga Hub Boston, adds her own flavor to the traditional practice with glow sticks and electric mixtapes. She centers her class on female empowerment and mental positivity. Her mixtape includes the dynamic diva Madonna.

HCBU Writer Zoe Hawryluk enjoyed her first time going to yoga. “It was a great way to get in touch with my self,” she said. “I originally had the thought, ‘Everyone is watching what I do,’ but then you lose that thought and just focus on your own body.”

Asked about the message of female empowerment, HCBU member Emily Brandvold was quick to answer. “It was a good way to end Women’s History Month.”

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.