This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Everybody’s done it: made up an excuse for why you can’t go to the gym. “I just showered.” “I’m too tired.” “I don’t know what workouts to do.” “I don’t have a membership.” “The gym is too far away.” And the granddaddy of them all – “I don’t have time.” Did you know that a one hour workout is just 4% of your day? What’s your excuse for not going to the gym again?

It’s a slow process. Don’t make it slower by quitting. Nine times out of ten, if you just put on your gym clothes and go, you’ll be ready to work out when you get there. Even if it’s only fifteen minutes, sometimes once you get those minutes in, you’ll find that can do another fifteen. You’d be amazed at the results you can get simply by being active for an hour a day.

When you get a good workout in, it’s easier to make healthy choices while eating. Stick to the basics – clean, healthy eating. Think veggies, lean meats, fruits and whole grains. Don’t force yourself to do a juice cleanse, just put everything in moderation. Remember that this month’s choices are next month’s body.

The next six months will go by whether you work out or not, so why not make them count? Excuses are useless, but results are priceless. So look up that fitness model’s Instagram, and scroll through it. But don’t let it make you jealous – tell yourself that that could be you in a year. Day by day, get your body to where you want it to be. Don’t let a little tiredness stop you.

Ashley McDonald is currently a freshman studying at Boston University. She is an aspiring journalist, music fanatic, foodie, and shopping enthusiast.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.