Fun dates in Boston during the winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Running out of ideas on where to go or what to do with that special someone? Hopefully by now you’ve realized how freezing Boston weather can get especially during the winter. However, Boston in the winter can still be fun if you just know where to look.

1.    Ice Skating at Frog Pond

This is pretty obvious, right? This is probably a must during the winter. An extremely popular place to ice-skate for a decent price in this city is the Frog Pond in Boston Common.

2.   North End

Treat yourselves to some fancy hot chocolate at the Thinking Cup or Café Vittoria, both located in the North End! There’s also many nice and romantic dine-in restaurants such as Panza or Giacamo’s Ristorante that serve the most amazing Italian dishes. You and your date could get dessert afterwards at any of North End’s pastry shops such as Mike’s Pastry, Modern Pastry or Maria’s Pastry Shop.  

3.   Faneuil Hall

Faneuil Hall is unbelievably beautiful during this time of the year. They recently just put up their Christmas tree as well! Try different types of food on the go in Quincy Market, visit the Newbury Comics store or watch a live performance on the sidewalks. There’s a lot to do around Faneuil Hall.

4.   Ghirardelli Shop

The shop recently just opened and if you and your date both have a sweet tooth, definitely check this place out. It’s also located in Faneuil Hall and serves ice cream and chocolate. What more can you ask for?

5.    Coolidge Corner

A date at the movie theater is always a safe bet, but why not step it up a notch and watch some classic films at Coolidge Corner’s Theatre? Tickets are really not that pricey either! It’s located right in Brookline, which is not too far from BU’s Campus. There is an old vintage vibe to the theater and the seats are also amazingly comfortable.

6.   BU Hockey Game

If you’re a student at Boston University, you definitely have to go and support our school’s hockey team. Whether you’re a die-hard hockey fan or not, it’s a great place to go have fun and watch something exciting and on the sportier side with a date.

7.   Celtics Game

If you’re a Celtics fan, then why not bring that special date to a basketball game? If you’re not from Boston, you could still always go whenever the Celtics are playing against your favorite teams.

8.   Laser Tag

Warm up by getting a little competitive with your date. Go play laser tag in West Roxbury! Maybe you guys will have the same connection that Barney and Robin had in How I Met Your Mother ;)

9.   Asian Food

Allston/Brighton is right next to BU Campus, and there are a lot of Asian restaurants that are dine-in. If you’re feeling Korean, try BonChon or Seoul Soulongtang. Japanese? Warm yourselves up with some ramen at Pikaichi or Totto Ramen. Take advantage of the variety of restaurants that are located right next to you.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis