Fashion Blog! Nisha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Being back on campus is exciting, especially because the students of BU are so fashionable! I love how the cross-body purse is back and visible all over campus. It is so convenient in comparison to previous trends, like tote bags, especially when you are going out and don’t need to keep a lot of stuff.

I somehow always over-pack so these bags are awesome because they force me to pare down, keeping only the essentials, which in turn makes carrying it around less of a hassle. The cross-body aspect is really convenient too – I don’t worry about losing or dropping my stuff and I feel safer with it on the T where there are way too many questionable characters around. There are so many cute versions of the small cross-body bag, making it practical for regular use as well as for going out. I really like the structured bags, with a defined shape that gives a clean look or adds some polish to an otherwise casual outfit. The slouchier versions are also really cute and have a more relaxed vibe. Whatever way you wear it, this petite purse definitely expresses your personality!

*Bag, Urban Outfitters

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.