Fashion Blog: Fatima

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We don’t always have the money to spend on buying new clothes while being a college student. Instead of throwing down $100+ on buying new trendy clothes every season, make sure you have the basics first. Everyone needs basic tanks and tees and some cardigans for layering. A lot of my basic tanks and tees are from H&M. They have a wide range of colors and they are all inexpensive. The key is to buy solid colored tops to pair with virtually anything. Next come the accessories! Funky necklaces can completely change a simple t-shirt. You can buy many affordable necklaces at Forever 21 and any thrift store. I recently went to Buffalo Exchange for the first time and they had SO MANY amazing and unique necklaces to choose from. Another easy way to snazz up an outfit is with scarves and colored tights.

If you’re feeling bold try a color such as mustard or a print like leopard, which I’m totally obsessed with right now. Shoes are also a key piece in any outfit. Try getting flats in bright colors to be the wow factor in your outfit. Urban Outfitters has a great selection of comfy colored flats that you can keep for a lifetime (or at least longer than 1 season). So next time you go shopping try getting timeless accessories instead of trendy clothes that will be out of season before you can wear them twice.

H&M $9.95

[ pagebreak ]

Forever 21 $8.80

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.