Erin Touhey (COM ’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you have ever wanted to set sail with a Massachusetts native and advertising major, who also happens to have an adorable freckled face and a heart of gold, then look no further than Erin Ann Touhey.

This sister of Delta Gamma here at Boston University is an active leader in her sisterhood as the chapter’s Vice President of Programming. Aside from being a deeg, Erin is also taking her career by the reins, working as the director of social media for the College of Communication’s AdLab and this summer working as a receptionist at the Boston based advertising agency Brand Content. Erin’s interest in advertising started after she transferred from Syracuse spring of her freshman year and likes it because, “it’s interesting to find innovative way get a message across to a group of people affectively.”

Aside from school Erin loves the outdoors and taking advantage of beautiful days in Boston. If you don’t see her windowing shopping down Newbury Street, you may find her on her way to Flywheel for a spin class or maybe even practicing her headstands before heading to her other favorite activity, yoga.

Speaking of yoga, this passionate yogi once got a free yoga mat from LULULEMON because the employee loved Erin’s enthusiastic interest in the perfect yoga mat for her practice! (I wish we all had that power)

Erin loves to find new ways to exercise just as much as she loves finding new places to eat or grab a Chai latte (her favorite coffee shop beverage). Because she has a passion for adventure and culture, Erin loves to explore new kinds of food and recently found an awesome place for Indian food in Coolidge Corner  (Yum!). Though she has traveled a lot in her young age, Erin still hopes to study abroad in Australia and spend a semester with the kangaroos.

This wholesome genuine soul (I can vouch first-hand) has always lived her life putting others before herself. She has always believed that committing to a job means giving it 100% at all times to achieve the greatest success. Erin’s dedication to her work and career radiates to how she looks at relationships with her friends and family. Family is one of Erin’s top priorities and she cherishes building true friendships with past, present, and future people she meets.

If all this doesn’t sound like the qualities of an awesome human being, Erin also loves to laugh with her nose-crinkling giggle. She loves to tell embarrassing stories about herself and if you have ever heard her tell one, you know she can’t get through it without a high-pitched voice and red-faced chuckle. But that’s just one of the qualities that makes this cutie so loveable!

Samantha is a junior Broadcast Journalism major in the College of Communication at Boston University. She is the celebrity news anchor on Good Morning BU on BUTV 10. The campus Manager for University Tees and the current Vice President of Recruitment for sorority. She firmly believes that not all who wonder are lost, the ability of food to fuel the soul.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.