The Enemy You Never Knew You Had: Mercury Retrograde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Oh no. It’s that time again. And I don’t mean that time of the month.

It seems that you find yourself stuck in the same spot about every four months. Why is this? Whether you are arguing with bae or your parents are driving you crazy with wallpaper selections, you can’t seem to figure out why the same problems keep arising.

Take a breather, and consider mercury retrograde.

When Mercury is in retrograde, it rotates slower than usual, making it appear to be moving backwards, away from Earth. This happens in about three week periods, three times a year. Astrologers advise against making important decisions during retrograde periods, for Mercury controls communication and technology.

So hold off on buying that flat screen you wanted. Double check that you paid your bills in time. And don’t send bae an angry text because, ugh, he’s just not reciprocating! Take this time to reflect on your relationships and contemplate where you want your life to head. 

The current cycle ens October 9, so hang in there ladies! 

Source: Mercury Retrograde and What It Means for You, Astrology Zone

Celia is a freshman at Boston University in the College of Communication.  She is currently undecided but is interested in Public Relations and Mass Communication.  Her outside interests include fashion, fitness, and fine dining.  When she is not studying or working for HerCampus, she spends her time filming and editing YouTube videos for her fashion and lifestyle channel.  She hopes to someday be a celebrity event planner or host her own talk show.  In the meantime, she plans to take in college one day at a time. Check out Celia's YouTube channel and follow her on Twitter.www.youtube.com/user/StyleMeCeliaTwitter: @stylemecelia
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis