Desire v. Realist Buyer: Winter Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s back! This week, Her Campus brings you your Desire vs. Realist Buyer shopping guide for all winter essentials. December is finally starting to feel like winter and its time to say goodbye to your flats and bring those winter boots back to school from home over break. Cold weather may make people turn away from fashion, but how can you resist when your fashion accessories keep you warm and don’t clean out your wallet.

It’s always hard to pick and choose what to spend your money on, but here is your solution! This guide shows you the seasons must have winter basics and where to get them for less. And the best part is…they actually look the same, but cost almost half the price! This season, one of the biggest trends is ankle boots, they are the best compromise to keep your feet warm and still keep you dressed up for a night out. Healed booties lare great with a sweater dress; both the sweater dress and the boots will keep you cozy and warm while looking great. Throw on an amazing faux fur vest, a warm beanie, and cute red leather gloves and you have yourself the perfect winter outfit!

[pagebreak]

[pagebreak]

[pagebreak]

[pagebreak]

[pagebreak]

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.