This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hey, summer it’s me, your old friend. It has been a while since we’ve spent time together! I’m quite excited to see what you have coming for all of us. But, just in case you are looking for some inspiration, here are some things that are essential to a good break.

First, could you bring some sunshine? After a cold winter, we could all use a blue, sun-filled sky. The warmth certainly doesn’t define summer, but it makes each day a lot more pleasant. A beach day or two wouldn’t hurt…

If possible, fill each summer day with laughs and good times! After a grueling semester, we are all looking forward to kicking back and relaxing a bit. The best summer days are spent enjoying the warm weather with friends and family.

Also, help me have a summer full of self-exploration. Whether it is a reading a new book or traveling the world, help me get the most out of my summer time. Bring challenges and learning experiences that can help me understand the world better.

Most of all, remind me that summer is an opportunity to make the most of whatever comes my way. Living in the moment makes those fleeting summer days linger on. Having expectations for the perfect summer can tend to be a let down, so remind me to appreciate the little things.

Summer, these are just a few ways that you could help everyone have a chill and fulfilled vacation. I, for one, am excited for what you have in store.

We have all been looking forward to your arrival, so please don’t let us down!

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.