Dea Biancarelli (SAR ’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Dea Biancarelli (SAR ’16) walks down Comm Ave., stopping every few feet to wave or to hug one of her long list of friends, acquaintances, sisters, and admirers. She is easily recognizable by her mass of curly chestnut hair, the way she walks on her tip-toes as if constantly wearing high heels, and her Cheshire cat smile. At a mere five feet, Dea’s personality is bigger than she is.

The Health Sciences major originally hails from Shelby, Montana, but her family now lives in Washington. The middle of three children, she is used to setting herself apart from the crowd.  On campus, she is a proud member of Sigma Kappa sorority. She is also a senior health educator for Peer Health Exchange, a group that goes to Boston area high schools to educate freshman about different health topics. Dea also finds time to be the fourth floor RA of Hojo, a job that she loves. (Her residents love her too, as evidenced by the notes they write her outside of her room).

Off campus, Dea volunteers at Boston Medical Center as part of their bWell Center. The center provides patients and their families with health resources and books about various medical issues. All of this is good practice for the pre-med student who plans to pursue a career in oncology. The over achiever is also busy planning a spring break service trip to Myrtle Beach, SC for Habitat for Humanity.

When Dea has some free time, which is rare, she enjoys cooking, traveling, giving her friends a killer smoky eye, and watching documentaries (especially ones about North Korea). So if you see her on campus, make sure to say hello, and hope that a little bit of her rubs off on you! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.