Classy Coloring Books to Help You De-Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With finals just around the corner, don’t forget to make time for yourself, collegiettes! Between all the studying and late nights, it’s healthy to de-stress and rest the brain. Coloring books are all the rage right now, and they are the perfect activity to help you relax at the end of the day. And the options have never been better! Here are some unique coloring books to check out when you’re in desparate need of a break! 

Celebrity Coloring Books 

What’s more relaxing and fun than spending an hour coloring in your favorite celeb! The Colour Me Good collection by Mel Elliott features Cumberbatch, Hiddles (Tom Hiddleton), Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, Ryan Gosling and many others! 

Find them here: 

Fandom Coloring Books 

You might spot shelves of character-themed coloring books at CVS and instantly remember the good old days of crayons and washable markers. Nowadays, there are plenty of character-themed coloring books for “adults” from Harry Potter to Disney Princess.  

Find them here: 

Historical Coloring Books 

Historical coloring books are available from any era! Whether fashion, architecture, or iconic scenes, the coloring pages are incredibly detailed for those who love to color within the lines. 

Find them here: 

Fantasy and Fairy Tale Coloring Books 

If you want to escape the real world rush of tests, exams, and papers, there is no better way than exploring a fantastical new world of fairies, mermaids, dragons, wizards, vampires, and magic! Check out artist Selina Fenech’s amazing coloring books below.  

Find them here: 

Specific Coloring Books

There is a coloring book for everything and everyone! No joke. Beyond the three shown above, you can find books for cars, steampunk, zombies, ballet, and lots and lots of cats. 

No matter what you choose to color with – crayons, markers, pencils, high-end pens from the bookstore – just have fun! Put down the textbooks for an hour, plug in your headphones, and color! 

Sarah is a freshman at Boston University, although she took two years off before starting college. She is currently undeclared. She loves to write, and her other interests include reading, music, style, fandoms, and the ever dangerous penchant for online shopping. Rapunzel is her favorite Disney princess, and one of Sarah's greatest moments was meeting her and getting her autograph. She is a Hufflepuff, doesn't drink coffee (gasp!), and collects fuzzy socks.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.