Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Celebrities

Cat Lau (COM'15)

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
September 27, 2014 - 12:30pm

READ MORE

Joy Cohen (CAS '16)

By Shannon Stocks
September 16, 2014 - 4:55am

Joy Cohen: Campus Celeb Twitter: @littlejoys_ Instagram: jysgc READ MORE

Oh So Adorabow: Gretchen Anderson (CAS ’15)

By Summer Ford
April 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Meet Gretchen Anderson, an energetic, sociable Linguistic major and Anthropology minor from Columbus, Ohio. Though she is only 20 years old, she has been the owner of her own business since high school. You may not catch this self-proclaimed tomboy sporting many hair bows herself. But Adorabow, a bow-making business she founded in November of 2010, is her source of extra income and escape from her busy schedule.             “You’ve got to be kidding me. This is cheap. I can make something much better than this,” said Gretchen, recalling an incident in which her cousin’s hair bow ripped.  “I looked at the ripped bow and basically took on the challenge of making a new one”. READ MORE...

Melissa Morel (CAS’16)

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
April 3, 2014 - 9:35am

Transitioning from high school to college, I have learned that mastering time management is the key to attaining a stable and healthy life as a co-ed. High school is where I first developed a sense of time by having the task of managing a busy schedule. Being such an eager beaver, I loved joining one club after the other for the sole purpose of meeting different people and being a part of communal projects. Heading into my freshman year of college, I desired to follow a similar path by getting involved in the community as fast as I could. Soon enough I had come to terms with the fact that I am not perfect. I cannot do everything. It is ironic that you gain more free time in college, but there is only so much you can do....

Lauren Eiges and Joel Udwin For Mr. and Mrs. BU

By Shannon Stocks
March 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

It is no mystery to my friends that I am involved in Hillel. Sure, I might be there multiple times a week, hold a position on board, and advocate for the events annoyingly all over Facebook, but this is not one of those times where I will be holding a bias. This is simply an article about a boy and a girl with a dream: to be Mr. and Mrs. Boston University. READ MORE

Christina Giordano (CAS/CFA '16)

By Emily Pickard
March 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

Christina Giordano (CAS/CFA '16) has had a crazy year: she transferred to BU from Saint Joseph’s University, which was really close to her hometown in Pennsylvania. Besides trying to adjust to being far from home in a new city and a new school, Christina started to feel like her current major wasn’t really right for her. Understandably nervous to add another new thing to her plate, she wasn’t sure if she was stuck in a major she didn’t really love anymore. She finished her first semester as an International Relations major but when second semester came, she knew it was time for a change, and she was brave enough to follow through with it. READ MORE

Sesil Dikener (SMG ’16)

By Victoria Pierce
February 25, 2014 - 9:00am

As college students, we can sometimes feel lost and overwhelmed by all of the aspects of collegiate life, especially staying on top of our work and finding our way. Yet this week’s Campus Celeb seems to have it all figured out. Sesil Dikener (SMG ’16) is a driven finance and accounting major with her eyes on the prize. “Coming into SMG, I didn’t actually know what I wanted to do with a business degree,” Sesil said. “After looking into the different concentrations, finance and accounting made the most sense because it looks into past and present funds of a company.” Sesil is a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, a co-ed business fraternity on campus committed to building professionalism through core business values. READ...

Emma Olswing (COM '16)

By Annie Husted
February 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

When listening to the radio, it is hard not to admire the spunk and character the radio talk show hosts and DJs are able to convey without ever being seen. This week’s Campus Celeb is Emma Olswing (COM ’16). She works at WTBU and is one of the intern DJs for Girl Powa, a WTBU radio show that proudly empowers women by playing all female artists every Wednesday night. Care to indulge in some late-night celebrity gossip, relationship advice, and cool jams—Girl Powa is the radio show for you. Emma became involved with Girl Powa almost out of pure curiosity. READ MORE

Caroline Ryan (CGS 16')

By Shannon Stocks
February 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

When I was young and unable to yet write myself, I wouId dictate short stories to my mother from across the kitchen table. Yet it has taken me years of developing my talent before I have been able to share from beyond the confines of my home. In the case of Caroline Ryan, she has been sharing her talent with others for over a decade. Caroline, a sophomore in the College of General Studies, began singing at just seven years old when her mother convinced her to join a local youth choir in her hometown of Atlanta. After recording in a studio with others, her passion for music was quickly realized and, within the next year, her tiny fingers raced to pick up a guitar and run across the melodic keys of a piano.  READ...

Megan Smith (COM 16')

By Hannah Clark
February 5, 2014 - 12:00pm

Megan Smith is not a beauty queen. Rather than practicing her pageant walk, she spends her time working, serving the Boston community, and leading Bible studies for the BU’s Navigators Christian Fellowship. While it may seem surprising that this week’s Campus Celebrity spent the past two years as Miss Teen of Minnesota, in reality, it’s no shock at all.  Megan won her title at the competition that serves to recognize high achieving, poised, and well-rounded young women. (“They advertise themselves as ‘not a beauty pageant,’ all caps.”)  And Megan perfectly fits the bill. Although she handed over the crown to disembark from her journey as titleholder this past year, this COM sophomore and aspiring journalist is just revving her engine....