Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Celebrities

Campus Celeb: Maggie Bunzel

By Julia Buckley
October 28, 2014 - 11:45am

Wooden drawers come to life in her room with glittering silver stickers. The walls are painted with pictures and memories, hundreds of them, glistening with colorful nostalgia. Pink Pop-Out art is taped up to the wall, reading “Love.” Every corner of her dorm, down to her hand-made pink-and-white-striped bedframe shouts personality. Who knew you could buy stick-on paper to cover your desk drawers? Margaret Bunzel. AKA Wunderkind. This week’s campus celeb, Margaret Bunzel, known to her friends as “Maggie,” is a COM major at Boston University. Never to be found in sweats, Maggie is a strong and loving soul, with incredible determination (though she admits she takes advantage of late classes and can often be found asleep at 1pm)....

Campus Celeb: Jenna Abbot

By Allison Rebecca Penn
October 21, 2014 - 11:30am

On Sunday, I caught Jenna Abbot on the phone as she was returning to her home in Stuvi I after seeing a close friend perform in Stage Troupe’s Parents Weekend “Into the Woods” show. Even though she’s busy with her courses, thinking about graduation, social justice initiatives and Kappa Delta, she still finds time to spend time catch up with her friends. Jenna is the kind of person who glows with life…and knows EVERYONE. And if you don’t know her, I’m sure she’d love to get to know you. She radiates enthusiasm and passion in all that she does. Jenna cares so much about her friends and community, but also the world. READ MORE

Eli Kaplan (SMG 16')

By Shannon Stocks
October 14, 2014 - 11:45am

When I first met Eli Kaplan, his name rung in my ears. I knew that there was something familiar about him, and it bothered me that I just could not place him. Then it hit me like a snowball from the BU Beach in January: Eli was one of the members of the “Class of 2016” Facebook page who made friends with everyone before school started freshman year. I recalled flipping through his photos and wondering who this amicable kid was who was offering up his Skype name so easily. So, here we are, years later, and Eli has become situated on campus, extremely involved in many aspects of life at BU.  READ MORE

Mahnoor Umair (CAS '17)

By Olivia Shur
October 9, 2014 - 11:30am

On the surface, Mahnoor Umair is sweet, sophisticated, and incredibly stylish. But this girl has some major plans; not only for her career, but for the world around her, as well. She’s only in her sophomore year of college, and already she’s started a non-profit organization, travelled the world, given motivational speeches, and has been in the presence of United Nations Ambassadors. And she’s just getting started. What are you studying here at BU, and what career path do you hope to take? READ MORE

Campus Celeb Bonnie Tynes

By Brianne Gump
October 2, 2014 - 12:00pm

When I first came to BU, a friend of mine told me there was someone I absolutely had to meet. And that person is this week’s Campus Celeb, Bonnie Tynes. Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, this southern belle has taken Boston by storm ever since she first arrived. You have probably seen Bonnie around campus, as one of bubbliest people I have ever met she is hard to miss. She is a Special Ed major and her passion for education is truly inspiring. From being a Dean’s List student to an active sorority member to traveling the world, she somehow manages to do it all. Meet the fabulous Bonnie Tynes! How did you decide on your major? READ MORE

Cat Lau (COM'15)

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
September 27, 2014 - 12:30pm

READ MORE

Joy Cohen (CAS '16)

By Shannon Stocks
September 16, 2014 - 4:55am

Joy Cohen: Campus Celeb Twitter: @littlejoys_ Instagram: jysgc READ MORE

Oh So Adorabow: Gretchen Anderson (CAS ’15)

By Summer Ford
April 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Meet Gretchen Anderson, an energetic, sociable Linguistic major and Anthropology minor from Columbus, Ohio. Though she is only 20 years old, she has been the owner of her own business since high school. You may not catch this self-proclaimed tomboy sporting many hair bows herself. But Adorabow, a bow-making business she founded in November of 2010, is her source of extra income and escape from her busy schedule.             “You’ve got to be kidding me. This is cheap. I can make something much better than this,” said Gretchen, recalling an incident in which her cousin’s hair bow ripped.  “I looked at the ripped bow and basically took on the challenge of making a new one”. READ MORE...

Melissa Morel (CAS’16)

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
April 3, 2014 - 9:35am

Transitioning from high school to college, I have learned that mastering time management is the key to attaining a stable and healthy life as a co-ed. High school is where I first developed a sense of time by having the task of managing a busy schedule. Being such an eager beaver, I loved joining one club after the other for the sole purpose of meeting different people and being a part of communal projects. Heading into my freshman year of college, I desired to follow a similar path by getting involved in the community as fast as I could. Soon enough I had come to terms with the fact that I am not perfect. I cannot do everything. It is ironic that you gain more free time in college, but there is only so much you can do....

Lauren Eiges and Joel Udwin For Mr. and Mrs. BU

By Shannon Stocks
March 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

It is no mystery to my friends that I am involved in Hillel. Sure, I might be there multiple times a week, hold a position on board, and advocate for the events annoyingly all over Facebook, but this is not one of those times where I will be holding a bias. This is simply an article about a boy and a girl with a dream: to be Mr. and Mrs. Boston University. READ MORE