Calling All Future Lawyers: Attend The LSAC Law School Forum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Calling all future Olivia Popes! The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will be hosting a Law School Forum in Boston on Tuesday, November 11 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront. If the thought of attending law school has ever crossed your mind, LSAC’s Law School Forum is for you! You didn’t actually think an Olivia Pope–inspired wardrobe and Law & Order lingo is all you would need to be a successful lawyer, did you?

From technology to healthcare to entertainment, the fields of law are continuously expanding. And we all know what that means: more diverse legal jobs available for us! So it’s time to take the first step and see what the Law School Forum has to offer.

LSAC’s Law School Forum provides the most comprehensive gathering of nationwide law schools. Attendees have the opportunity to ask questions directly to LSAC staff members, admission professionals, law school diversity directors, and lawyers from a variety of fields and levels of experience. If that’s not getting the inside scoop, then we don’t know what is! Over 75 percent of attendees surveyed at the June 2014 Law School Forum in Washington, D.C. discovered law schools they hadn’t considered applying to before the Forum. And as an added bonus, the LSAC Law School Forum is the only law school fair to offer a workshop led by an actual member of the LSAT writing team!

So you’re probably thinking this would all sound awesome if only you were the lawyer type. Lucky for you, there is no specific type of personality that defines a lawyer. And if you think we’re wrong, just check out LSAC’s fun new quiz to discover your law personality! You’ll find that all sorts of personalities are suited for careers in the law, and yours may influence the type of lawyer you could be!

Don’t miss the opportunity to attend LSAC’s Law School Forum. It is the best gathering of its kind to answer all of your questions about the LSAT, applying to law school and more.

For more information and to register, check out the Law School Forum website.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis