This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Are you sick of grabbing the same dish at Noodle St. or Sunset and looking for some tasty treats off the beaten path? Then Boston is just the place!

Jim’s Deli

Grab a delicious, and giant, sandwich from Jim’s Deli. Located in Brighton and always brimming with starving BC students on weekend afternoons, Jim’s is a true diamond in the rough. I highly recommend the chicken deluxe (Chicken cutlet topped w/bacon, lettuce, tomato, American cheese and mayo). Make sure you go hungry or have a friend join you to share your large and inexpensive masterpiece!

Clear Flour Bakery

If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, head to Clear Flour Bakery, right off of Comm Ave. While it may be a hidden treasure for BU students, it most certainly is not for the people who live near Boston’s best bakery. Be warned, there will be a line! However, its perfectly crackly and warm baguettes and flaky, chocolaty pain au chocolat make the wait well worth it. 

Dok Bua

Dok Bua is a hidden gem nestled in Coolidge Corner. The exterior or décor may not be much to speak of, but the food is. Try their pad thai or pad see ew and never eat anything but Thai food ever again! Their lunch special is a great deal, and even if they look busy, service is speedy and efficient. 

So next time you’re ravenous, grab a light snack and head to one of these awesome Boston hidden food gems. Thank me later! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.