Books for Your Nostalgic Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Elementary School. Ahh, takes one back to the good ol’ days of simplicity. With all of the stress that occurs in our lives now, there are times when we think back to those easier days of our childhood. Here are a few throwbacks to some of your favorite books when you were a kid!

Here is where we are met with the trying journeys of Junie B. Jones. She was the spunky girl we all wished we could be, and maybe we truly were. All of her adventures were filled with innocent trials and learned lessons.

Sometimes, reading these books from childhood again reminds us of why we loved them to begin with. Their hopeful nature brings our spirits up in trying times and boosts the happiness we already have!

Shel Silverstein. I think that says enough right there, doesn’t it?

But it’s also so easy to go on! These whimsical poems reached out to our young minds. They are a great combination of both silly and meaningful messages. They seemed to reach beyond the norm by remaining poems that both children and adults can enjoy.

This quirky maid took every task she was given seriously. “Dusting the furniture” would entail adding dust to them with Amelia Bedelia!

Last but not least, Dr. Seuss’s whimsical poems reached out to our young minds in a creative way. They are a great combination of both silly and meaningful messages. The stories seemed to reach beyond the norm by remaining poems that both children and adults could enjoy. 

Some of these books will always relate to our lives. Whether we’re five years old or 95, we can all use inspiration to continue to venture out into the world and make it a better place. As we approach Thanksgiving break, take some time to reread some of these classics!

Gabrielle Oates is a sophomore at Boston University. Originally from Los Angeles, she enjoys traveling and hopes to journey around the globe and expand her world view.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.