Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

7 Cute and Easy Halloween Desserts

By Emily Pickard
October 21, 2014 - 11:40am

Are you going to a Halloween Party and looking for something fun to bring? Are you looking to make something fun for your club, sorority, roommates, residents or neighbors? Well look no further! These 7 Halloween Desserts are cute and easy to make, plus they’re an inexpensive Halloween treat for you and your friends! Check out these, and if you’re looking for more, you can of course head over to Pinterest to satisfy all of your dessert needs! Candy Corn Jello Cups What you need: -       Small plastic cups READ MORE

The 5 Lessons We Should Take Away From "Girls"

By Taylor Medford
October 21, 2014 - 11:30am

1.     There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned dose of body confidence. READ MORE

How to Book Holiday Tickets Home

By Danielle Focarile
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Thanksgiving is a month away. Christmas is over ten weeks away. So, why bother looking at tickets to go home now? Thanksgiving is the busiest travel period of the year. Ticket prices rise exponentially by the day during this time, so booking early is better. First, decide the best method of travel. Are you close enough to go home by bus? Train? Do you have to take a flight, or will your parents pick you? All of these are important factors in planning your travel. READ MORE

How to Go Shampoo Free

By Meredith Hauser
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Call me a victim of the beauty bandwagon, but when I first learned about the “no shampoo” method from my roommate, it struck a chord with my natural-loving, hippie-tending, DIY-obsessed self. In addition to being 100% natural, cruelty free and a mere fraction of the price that shampoo and conditioner cost, my hair looks better than ever, which is nothing short of a miracle considering my natural hair texture (thick and wavy) has a propensity for major frizzy-ness. Turns out, much of that is cause of all the sulfate (pretty much any ingredient ending in “–ate”) that shampoos and conditioners contain! READ MORE

DIY Gifts for Best Friends

By Julia Buckley
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

We all know the fear that comes from trying to find a birthday gift for a friend when you're on a budget! There's only so much you can buy with dining points, right? Well, tell your best friend you care with these gifts you can put together for $5 or less. All you will need is a trip to your local hardware store (check out the cute one on Newbury Street).    1.     Zoey 101 Key Necklaces Take a note from Jamie Lynn Spears (a.k.a Zoey) and jazz up two old keys to make into friendship necklaces. Hardware stores usually print your keys for a few bucks. Simply add nail polish and rhinestones for personalization!  READ MORE

The Frank Scrub Phenomenon: What You Need to Know About This Popular New Beauty Trend

By Sam Peters
October 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Who ever knew coffee felt so good? Frank Scrub, the extremely popular beauty trend that is sweeping across the globe, stands by giving you your best skin ever. READ MORE

Boston Fashion Week Recap

By Allison Rebecca Penn
October 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

A Day in the Life of a Pumpkin Fanatic

By Rachel Mooney
October 17, 2014 - 11:40am

For a little disclaimer, this is not a personal account of my daily diet. However, if pumpkin spice fanatics wish to consume only pumpkin spice products at every meal (snacks included), they should know how to make that possible. So here it is, the full meal plan of how to consume pumpkin spice at every meal, or as I like ­­to call it: the Pumpkin Spice Challenge.   Breakfast Options: ·      Match your pumpkin-flavored coffee (any brand has this flavor in the fall) with your pumpkin spice creamer. READ MORE

Things I've Learned From Listening to Taylor Swift

By Zahra Spencer
October 17, 2014 - 11:30am

I am a huge Taylor Swift fan; always have and always will be and I feel like she gets a really bad rap for no reason. The two most common complaints I get about her are a) all her songs are the same (untrue) and b) all her songs are basically about her messed up relationships. However, to me that’s what makes her songs so freakin’ relatable. She dated a jerk, I dated a jerk and now I have a song to sing along to while I’m going through the break-up. How can this be a negative? Furthermore, I’m not sure what T. Swift songs y’all be listening to but her lyrics are sweet and clever and very insightful. I might be in the minority but I think she truly is a gifted songwriter and her lyrics are what I love about her songs so much....

DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte

By Nicole Gergits
October 16, 2014 - 11:40am

Recipe by Gimme Some Oven September 10th. It was a very special day for me. No- it wasn’t the day that I met my prince charming. It also wasn’t the day that I received my first A at BU. Nope, not even close. September 10th was the day I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Starbucks began advertising for the treasured beverage in August, and they began serving it in coffee shops worldwide on September 2nd. I told myself that that was too soon. So I waited 8 days, and finally gave in to PSL peer pressure. As much as I love getting pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, I can’t exactly afford spending all of my dining points on daily coffees. READ MORE