Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Start Organized, Stay Organized

By Emily Pickard
September 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back Lady Terriers! With move-in complete and syllabus week all finished up, the semester is underway. If you’re like me, you’ve started to get worksheets, deadlines, instructions, readings and exam dates. And, if you’re like me, you’re getting all of these things, and getting stressed out. It’s only week number two here on campus, so don’t get too overwhelmed yet! Take these organization tips and you’ll be getting your semester off to a great and stress-free start.   Get a Good Agenda or Planner READ MORE

First Week Freebies

By Danielle Focarile
September 9, 2014 - 3:00pm

As the Weeks of Welcome come to a close and you put away the free pens, t-shirts, and water bottles from Splash, you may think the “freebies” will stop. But, if you know where to look, Boston and BU offer fun free stuff all month. 1.     Collegefest – The annual event held at Fenway where only college kids are permitted to listen to live music, walk around the famous ball park, and of course, fill your swag bags. When? September 13th – 11 a.m.   READ MORE

Our 2014 Finals Week Survival Kit!

By Samantha Bello
May 16, 2014 - 11:14am

After finishing up finals week here at HC BU, we can't thank the national team enough for sending us amazing study snacks to help us power through our final exams! Our 2014 Finals Survival Kits were filled with the following study snacks to keep us fed through finals: 1. Popchips (@popchips)
Popchips have the deliciousness of potato chips with none of the guilt (No, we aren't kidding!). With just 100 calories per bag, popchips are the healthy alternative to your regular potato chip. Instead of being baked or fried, these chips are popped! They're naturally delicious and healthier - leaving you with all of the flavor, but only half the fat of a regular potato chip. ...

Why I'm a "Fal Pal"

By Charlotte Mooney
May 7, 2014 - 9:00am

As a kid, I never had the opportunity to stay up and experience the whole late night TV scene. But as a college student who doesn’t consider going to bed until after midnight, it’s a whole new world to say the least. No one makes me laugh harder on a consistent basis—or has raised the bar for my future husband higher—than Jimmy Fallon. From his start on Saturday Night Live, where him breaking character was the funniest part of his sketches, I developed a crush on the funny man. So yes, you could say I’m a “Fal Pal” (name for a Jimmy Fallon fan) to say the least. He’s just the cutest little nugget, and his creative bits on The Tonight Show never cease to make me laugh. What else do you need in life? Here are the 11 reasons why I’m a “Fal Pal.”...

Life Lessons We’ve Learned From “Friends”

By Ava Varasteh
May 6, 2014 - 9:00am

How to deal when your best friend and ex start dating:     To love yourself:   How to properly use air quotes:   READ MORE

Food for Thought: Brain Foods for the Study Period

By Summer Ford
May 1, 2014 - 2:35pm

There’s no need for a drawn out, eloquently written introduction to set the tone … It’s time to cut to the chase and get down to business. Finals are here! And no matter how prepared you may feel, who couldn’t use an extra boost to help with those long study sessions to come? Preparing for finals can be as simple as snacking away on a few foods known to heighten memory and cognitive functioning. So check out these brain foods you should be consuming while studying for finals. 1. Pumpkin Seeds READ MORE

What Runs Through Your Mind While Watching Game of Thrones

By Ava Varasteh
May 1, 2014 - 10:25am

Whoa naked people. Who’s that guy? He’s so hot! Oh god, no, I forgot Robb Stark is dead. #Forever Young I hate Cersei. I hate Tywin. I hate Joffrey. Can all of the Lannisters just be killed off please? Arya Stark is such a badass I wish I was her. But, like, minus her family situation and life in general. Khaleesi runs SHOW. On point, Dany. Actually I take it back, I wish I was her, sorry Arya. READ MORE

Senior Struggles

By Sanah Faroke
April 30, 2014 - 11:25am

Our BU alumnus couldn’t have said it any better READ MORE

The Best of BU Snaps

By Shivani Patel
April 30, 2014 - 10:05am

A few years ago, “(insert college name) Confessions” blew up across campuses. Facebook pages were created where any student could send anonymous confessions about their peers. Sometimes cruel, sometimes entertaining, and sometimes both, confessions pages are still going strong. This year introduced a new wave of Facebook pages – college-wide Snaps. The social media app, Snapchat, is popularly known for its timed nature and creative capabilities. It is designed to primarily give friends a snapshot into your life. In February, BU Snaps was born. Students can send snapchats via username “BUsnaps”, BUsnaps@gmail.com or through direct message on its Facebook page. READ MORE...

6 Mistakes You're Allowed to Make in College

By Annie Husted
April 29, 2014 - 9:00am

College is a cornucopia interesting experiences. Whether they be good, bad, funny or (most frequently) embarrassing, we cherish these four years for the many life lessons we learn from our experiences. While in college, mistakes—although oftentimes mortifying—are bound to happen. But fear not, college is not yet the real world—these are the mistakes you are allowed to make in college.   1.  Eating out of the peanut butter jar after receiving a bad grade.   2.  Thinking that you can survive the night on Franzia.   READ MORE