Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

BU Beach Reads

By Kalen Valentine
April 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

Now that winter is (finally) over and the semester is coming to a close, it’s the perfect time to crack open a book that’s not on your syllabus. Grab your sunglasses, an iced drink from Starbucks and head to the BU beach with one (or all!) of these noteworthy selections:   For the graduating senior: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg In this inspiring book, Sandberg examines why women’s progress in achieving leadership roles has stalled, explains the root causes, and offers compelling, commonsense solutions that empowers collegiettes to achieve their full potential!    READ MORE

Work Outs To Do In Your Dorm Room

By Shannon Stocks
April 22, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer will be here before you know it, and soon you will be splayed out to bake on the beach, feeling the sand cause friction between your toes, and listening to the waves crash down on many shirtless boys. But before you can say goodbye to the stress of finals, unsatisfying dining hall meals, and communal bathrooms, you may want to say hello to the gym. It is understandable that not everyone can make it over to the Fitness Recreation Center; it is far away from many classes, the wind in west campus is terrifying, homework has yet to be done, and, well, Netflix. So why not bring the work outs to your dorm? The following are suggestions as to what you can do from the comfort of your own carpeted room. READ...

Summer Wardrobe Must-Haves

By Zahra Spencer
April 21, 2014 - 8:15pm

The never-ending winter of 2013-2014 seems to finally (!!) be coming to an end. So, it’s time to pack up those sweaters and dark tones that we’ve become so fond of, and bring out our pastels and summer dresses! Every spring I’m so excited that the weather has finally warmed up, and I end up buying a bunch of stuff I never wear.  However, this year, I've decided to be a bit more strategic and make a list of all the items I will need to make me summer-wardrobe ready! Take a look at some of the items I decided are must-haves for this spring/summer. 1. Floral Shorts READ MORE

Why Maleficent is the Best Disney Villain

By Charlotte Mooney
April 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Despite the stereotype that the best part of the Disney fairytales is the beautiful princess, I find myself drawn to the mysterious and (for the most part) undeveloped characters of the villains.  But thanks to the new movie Maleficent that focuses on the backstory of Sleeping Beauty’s wicked witch, we get to dive into the past of one of the greatest untold stories of fantasy. In light of the new movie, which is due for release in May, I revisited the classic animated film and I have got to say, Maleficent is a straight-up boss. Sleeping Beauty is probably my favorite Disney princess movie, (sorry Ariel, but no one’s hair looks like that underwater. Stop being so unrealistic) and I think it might be because of this vengeful creature....

#TBT: High School Edition

By Summer Ford
April 17, 2014 - 3:25pm

Thursday has rolled around yet again and it’s time to reminisce. So lets “throw it back” to high school. High school, oh high school, how little we miss thee. Early mornings, trivial homework, unnecessary drama…the list could go on. But no matter how great college has been to us, there are a few things we can admit to missing. So bring on the memories and #tbt to what we do and don’t miss about our high school years.   What We Miss: 1. The Minimal Effort Required READ MORE

5 Twitter Feeds to Follow

By Shivani Patel
April 17, 2014 - 9:00am

As we progress further and further into the social media age, it is important for everyone—not just those involved in the communications field—to take advantage of social media. It’s useful to keep in contact with family, friends, and of course, getting your daily dose of current events. This 140-character form of social media is excellent for many reasons, but mainly because it’s succinct and often entertaining. Think of Twitter as a never-ending stream of Facebook statuses in less than 140 characters. Here are five Twitter feeds that every collegiate should follow: READ MORE

Why Living With Your Friends Is The Best

By Ava Varasteh
April 17, 2014 - 9:00am

1) No pants isn’t just optional, its encouraged:     2) There is always someone to run to City Co with in the middle of the night. Friends don’t let friends drunk eat alone:   3) And after you drunk eat they will be there to vent to about your immediate regrets: READ MORE

Strong is the New Sexy

By Zahra Spencer
April 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

I don’t know where or when we got the idea that lifting weights would make us bulky but that LIE has been halting our progress for probably centuries now. Had we’d been spending as much time bench-pressing as we do on the elliptical, we’d all be much happier girls. While we were wasting time doing the squat/ab/leg challenge, those chicks in the weight room were getting our dream bodies by lifting heavy weights. The fact is, as women we simply don’t produce nearly enough testosterone to get bulky so all those female bodybuilders we see with an enormous amount of muscle mass have gotten it via steroids, not from simply lifting. READ MORE

55 Thoughts Every Girl Has while Shopping at Forever 21

By Jadeine Botello
April 16, 2014 - 9:00am

1.     I’m just going in here for a few basics 2.     Oh my god, this place is SO overwhelming! 3.     Why is it so hot in here? 4.     There are clothes EVERYWHERE 5.     Are there any maps I could use?   6.     Ok, basics. I need basics. 7.     Ooh, I need a white shirt! 8.     Nevermind, it has a tap dancing turtle on it. 9.     Although, that might come in handy…. 10.  SO MUCH NEON 11.  Hey, this dress is cute! 12.  Wait is this a shirt or a dress?   READ MORE

Three Funny TV Shows to Start Watching now that HIMYM is over

By Shannon Stocks
April 15, 2014 - 8:00pm

There is no denying it: the How I Met Your Mother finale was hardly satisfactory. Whether you are up to date with the show or not, you were probably hoping that the episode would be focused on, well, meeting the mother. Spoiler alert: illness, death, and divorce should rarely be involved in comedies. The following are some shows I would recommend if you are trying to get that sour taste of HIMYM out of your mouth. 1. The Mindy Project READ MORE