Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

5 Fall Recipes to Make in Your Microwave

By Emily White
October 31, 2014 - 11:55am

Living in a dorm is wonderful for a score of reasons. You’re always around your friends. Your classes are so close that you can leave 6 minutes beforehand and be early. You can spend an entire weekend inside one building, only leaving when the sun has not been in the sky for hours. However, one of problems with living in a dorm is the lack of a kitchen. The dining hall is an elevator ride away; yet, once you arrive, all the food can blend together into this bland, awkwardly-textured muck that just doesn’t appeal to your growling stomach. And while you could go out to dinner when this happens, an alternative is to make your own food… in the microwave. READ MORE

Fall 2014 Nail Colors and Trends

By Emily Pickard
October 31, 2014 - 11:50am

If you’re like me, these past few weeks of nonstop stress have taken a toll on my nails! Reward yourself after midterm week with a fresh new manicure. Some colors and styles are perfect for a college budget and others are a little pricier- but after these past few weeks, no reason you can’t treat yourself! If you’re sick of the classic white French, or dark fall colors, check out these new colors and trends to spice up your nails for fall! NEW COLORS: “Cocoa” Laura Mercier $18 “Dusty Teal” READ MORE

Celebrity Styles

By Madison Smith
October 30, 2014 - 11:00am

We have all gone through different fashion phases in our lives, from tomboy to super preppy polo-wearing princess. Despite the differences, these styles all share one thing in common: an inspiration. I would like to think that I came up with the clothes to wear during my emo days, but I didn't. I was inspired by bands and people I saw in magazines and on TV. Having a fashion icon inspiration is important in life. I’m here to help you along that path and inspire you to look your best at all times. Here are some celebrities that are worth stalking because their outfit game is top notch. READ MORE

Five Brands To Workout In Style

By Brianne Gump
October 29, 2014 - 11:30am

As college students it is obviously hard to make time for the gym. We have “studying” to do, parties to attend, and many seasons on Netflix to binge watch. But let’s face it, no one wants to be the girl who gains the dreaded “Freshman 15” or the person who people say “used to look so good.” Therefore, we are obligated to make the trek to FitRec and get our butts (legs and feet) on the treadmill. But that certainly doesn’t mean we can’t look good while doing it. Whether we actually wear them to workout or we just feel like looking sporty chic for class so people think we workout, these five brands don't shy away from style with their Activewear. 1. Lululemon READ MORE

Freshmen Problems

By Nicole Ficher
October 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

1. The Food I'm pretty sure we'd all give up our arms and legs for a home-cooked meal at this point (especially on Make a Difference Monday…).   2. The Showers When will we be able to take showers barefoot again? Who knew that this was gonna be a thing I missed?    3. The Confusion READ MORE

10 Posts That’ll Convince You to Follow @thefatjewish on Instagram

By Ava Varasteh
October 28, 2014 - 11:45am

1.  2.  3.  4.  5.  READ MORE

Cute Boots on a Not-So-Cute Budget

By BU Contributor
October 27, 2014 - 11:30am

Fall is the time of year, especially in Boston, where we can bring out our sweater and boots and bundle up for the cold weather. However, living on the college budget, it can be a struggle to find cute boots at an affordable price. Here are some quick idea’s of  affordable places you can go that seem to be overlooked. 1.     Hautelook and Nordstrom Rack Hautelook and Nordstrom Rack are great because they change up their inventory and have special deals daily. Hautelook always has different boots on their website that can be up to 75% off of their original price. Definitely take a look here to find a good boot! READ MORE

20 Things We Miss Most About Gossip Girl

By Brianne Gump
October 26, 2014 - 11:30am

READ MORE

Fashion Bloggers You Aren’t Following and Really Should Be

By Cristina Estupiñán
October 25, 2014 - 11:30am

Fashion bloggers seem to be dominating the fashion world. Their instagrams are flawless, they have their own clothing lines, and they have impeccable style. Although trends come and go, these bloggers seem to stay on top. Here are some blogs that influence my style today.   Man Repeller Leandra Medine, aka Man Repeller, is by far my favorite blogger. She started blogging while still in college, and her posts all follow the same theme: women should dress for themselves, and not for anyone else. She’s not afraid of color, and all of her outfits are rather daring. She’s got a shoe line with Superga. It’s a hilarious website for serious fashion....

Are You Wearing the Right Bra?

By Nicole Gergits
October 24, 2014 - 11:45am

Many women are well educated about style. They know what outfits flatter their figures best and what hair colors suit their skin tones. Many women, though, are making one big mistake every day: they’re wearing the wrong bra. And wearing the wrong bra essentially turns even the best outfit to crap. I was a sales associate at Victoria’s Secret this summer, and although I was only working there for the summer, I feel as though I have gained a lot of insight on the way bras should look and feel for all women. READ MORE