Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Blog

Fashion Bloggers You Aren’t Following and Really Should Be

By Cristina Estupiñán
October 25, 2014 - 11:30am

Fashion bloggers seem to be dominating the fashion world. Their instagrams are flawless, they have their own clothing lines, and they have impeccable style. Although trends come and go, these bloggers seem to stay on top. Here are some blogs that influence my style today.   Man Repeller Leandra Medine, aka Man Repeller, is by far my favorite blogger. She started blogging while still in college, and her posts all follow the same theme: women should dress for themselves, and not for anyone else. She’s not afraid of color, and all of her outfits are rather daring. She’s got a shoe line with Superga. It’s a hilarious website for serious fashion....

Are You Wearing the Right Bra?

By Nicole Gergits
October 24, 2014 - 11:45am

Many women are well educated about style. They know what outfits flatter their figures best and what hair colors suit their skin tones. Many women, though, are making one big mistake every day: they’re wearing the wrong bra. And wearing the wrong bra essentially turns even the best outfit to crap. I was a sales associate at Victoria’s Secret this summer, and although I was only working there for the summer, I feel as though I have gained a lot of insight on the way bras should look and feel for all women. READ MORE

Denim for Days

By Madison Smith
October 24, 2014 - 11:30am

One thing I am absolutely positive about in life is that jeans will never go out of style. Trust me, they just won't. Even 9,000 years from now, when the world is ending, we will all be wearing jeans. The analogy I use to best explain the importance of jeans is their similarity with pizza. Pizza has been around forever and I believe 99% of the world loves it. There used to be just the basics; cheese, pepperoni, veggie etc. Nowadays there are more types of pizza than shoes in my closet (that is a lot). They even have breakfast and dessert pizzas! Jeans are the same way. No, there are no breakfast or dessert jeans (although I tend to wear my stretchiest pair during these meals) but there are so many different styles available....

3 Ways To Rock A Plaid Shirt In The Fall

By Paige Breaux
October 23, 2014 - 1:30pm

One fall trend that never seems to go out of style is plaid. A good plaid shirt is an incredibly versatile wardrobe staple that can be paired with so many different pieces in your closet! Keep reading for some fresh new suggestions for styling that trusty button-down that are a bit more exciting than the usual jeans and tank top combo. 1)  Preppy READ MORE

7 Cute and Easy Halloween Desserts

By Emily Pickard
October 21, 2014 - 11:40am

Are you going to a Halloween Party and looking for something fun to bring? Are you looking to make something fun for your club, sorority, roommates, residents or neighbors? Well look no further! These 7 Halloween Desserts are cute and easy to make, plus they’re an inexpensive Halloween treat for you and your friends! Check out these, and if you’re looking for more, you can of course head over to Pinterest to satisfy all of your dessert needs! Candy Corn Jello Cups What you need: -       Small plastic cups READ MORE

The 5 Lessons We Should Take Away From "Girls"

By Taylor Medford
October 21, 2014 - 11:30am

1.     There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned dose of body confidence. READ MORE

How to Book Holiday Tickets Home

By Danielle Focarile
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Thanksgiving is a month away. Christmas is over ten weeks away. So, why bother looking at tickets to go home now? Thanksgiving is the busiest travel period of the year. Ticket prices rise exponentially by the day during this time, so booking early is better. First, decide the best method of travel. Are you close enough to go home by bus? Train? Do you have to take a flight, or will your parents pick you? All of these are important factors in planning your travel. READ MORE

How to Go Shampoo Free

By Meredith Hauser
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Call me a victim of the beauty bandwagon, but when I first learned about the “no shampoo” method from my roommate, it struck a chord with my natural-loving, hippie-tending, DIY-obsessed self. In addition to being 100% natural, cruelty free and a mere fraction of the price that shampoo and conditioner cost, my hair looks better than ever, which is nothing short of a miracle considering my natural hair texture (thick and wavy) has a propensity for major frizzy-ness. Turns out, much of that is cause of all the sulfate (pretty much any ingredient ending in “–ate”) that shampoos and conditioners contain! READ MORE

DIY Gifts for Best Friends

By Julia Buckley
October 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

We all know the fear that comes from trying to find a birthday gift for a friend when you're on a budget! There's only so much you can buy with dining points, right? Well, tell your best friend you care with these gifts you can put together for $5 or less. All you will need is a trip to your local hardware store (check out the cute one on Newbury Street).    1.     Zoey 101 Key Necklaces Take a note from Jamie Lynn Spears (a.k.a Zoey) and jazz up two old keys to make into friendship necklaces. Hardware stores usually print your keys for a few bucks. Simply add nail polish and rhinestones for personalization!  READ MORE

The Frank Scrub Phenomenon: What You Need to Know About This Popular New Beauty Trend

By Sam Peters
October 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Who ever knew coffee felt so good? Frank Scrub, the extremely popular beauty trend that is sweeping across the globe, stands by giving you your best skin ever. READ MORE