Best Places for Brunch in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Brunch is becoming a more and more popular meal among college students, young professionals, and families. After all, what’s better than sleeping in until at least 11 AM, heading to a trendy, intimate restaurant, combining lunch and breakfast into one meal, and having an excuse for some morning drinks? Boston is a haven for brunch-goers, offering a plethora of selections for your inner foodie connoisseur. Below are four places you should check out for brunch!

Aquitaine (569 Tremont St Boston, MA 02118)

Aquitaine is a modern French restaurant that serves an affordable brunch menu. For just $11.95, you get a glazed cinnamon bun, bottomless coffee, a glass of juice, and your choice of an omelet or crepe. Their Belgian waffles and French onion soup are also must tries! The French are known for their hospitality, so expect nothing but spectacular service here.

South End Buttery (314 Shawmut Ave Boston, MA 02118)

The name South End Buttery already sounds delicious. Their ground floor is a bakery selling delicious baked goods that people stand in long lines for. The bottom floor is an intimate dining room that serves delicious brunch. The Buttery Breakfast, for only $10, offers two eggs and two signature pancakes. The pancakes are fluffy and buttered to perfection, pairing perfectly with a mimosa.

Zaftigs (335 Harvard St Brookline, MA 02446)

Zaftigs is your old school brunch spot, no-frills and tradition. They have an all day breakfast menu with your standard breakfast foods. If you want diner food instead, they also have burgers, salads, and wraps among other options. You’ll always find what you want to eat here. They don’t take reservations, so be sure to come early to skip the lines.

Zocalo (35 Stanhope St Boston, MA 02116)

Zocalo is a trendy but laid back Mexican restaurant in the Back Bay area. It serves fun drinks during brunch time and offers unique items with a unique Mexican flavor. I recommend the Huevos Con Chorizo – this dish contains scrambled eggs with pinto beans, onions, tomatoes on a soft tortilla, and a side of home fries and toast. All for $9.50

Brunch is a good way to allow you to relax after a hectic week. Your body deserves a treat. Go hit up these brunch spots now!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.