Ben Djaha (SHA ’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you love reality TV, anything to do with fashion, and swanky restaurants, Ben Djaha is the guy to meet.  With his smarts, amazing sense of style, and outgoing personality, it is safe to say that this New York native has it all. 

A sophomore in the School of Hospitality, and this week’s Campus Cutie, Ben loves to spend his time exploring, always searching for some of Boston’s coolest spots.  If not at his favorite restaurant, Mistral, you can be sure to find him on Newbury Street in one of his favorite stores, Louis or The Tannery.

“I get my style from my parents.  Both of them are into fashion and trends.  Ever since I was a baby they would dress me in clothes from French boutiques in NYC and my interest in fashion has lasted ever since.”

Ben is also an extremely avid Instagrammer.  One of his obsessions, you can always count on him to post AMAZING pictures of the food he’s eaten, places he’s traveled, or things he just finds artsy and cool.   

After graduating from SHA, Ben dreams of owning his own trendy hotel chain, preferably somewhere with warm climate since he doesn’t like the winter (agreed!).  Though he loves everything about the hospitality program, his favorite part of the school is definitely the professors. 

“Every professor I’ve had has been really knowledgeable in the subject they taught and made the classes relevant and interesting.  They are really approachable as well; I have built relationships with many of them and still keep in touch.”

Most interested in fashion, food, and travel, Ben decided to share his insight on the three by creating a blog.  His posts range from describing the awesome places he’s visited in London, to the new Havaiana shoe collaboration with Valentino. 

Before he graduates, Ben wants to get to know as many people in his class as he can.  Though friendly to everyone he meets, he is drawn most to people who are compassionate and generous.

“BU is such a diverse place with people coming from so many different backgrounds, it would be a shame not to explore the diversity and meet people from backgrounds different than mine.”

If you couldn’t already tell, this cutie and my best friend at BU is beyond interesting and independent. Driven, trendy, and kind, he is definitely someone to stop and get to know!   

Follow Ben Djaha:

Instagram: @officialbendjaha, Blog: www.bendjaha.com    

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.