This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the start of a new year come new projects to tackle and responsibilities to stress about. So many of us are taking on new tasks and classes that sometimes we forget to stop for a minute and take care of ourselves. It is so important to put yourself first. These amazing products will help you feel confident, fresh, and ready to take on whatever comes your way!

1. Olivia Care Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish

I first saw this product all over Instagram; it’s the powder you brush your teeth with that makes your mouth turn completely black. It’s a little messy but too cool not to use! This is definitely a more fun option than regular whitening toothpaste.

2. Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

This has been my favorite exfoliator for the longest time. It’s the only scrub that’s rough enough to give you a deep clean while not scratching your face. I recommend pairing it with your usual skincare routine and using once a week!

3. Yes to Cotton Micellar Cleansing Water

Micellar waters are great because you can both take your makeup off and wash your face without a sink! If you’re having a busy night, this product is awesome. It’s super gentle and has a mini built-in pump; you just press the top with a cotton round!

4. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve is a great lip balm, but can also be used on your face, elbows, knees, and any other chapped area! It smells like roses and lasts forever so it’s a win-win.

5. Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder Dry Shampoo

This dry shampoo is a little different than your typical spray bottle. Rather than an aerosol, it’s the actual powder that comes in a little container. You simply shake it on to parts of your hair that you want to freshen up and massage it in. I’ve found that it absorbs better than the sprays and lets you have much more control over where you put it.

6. Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

I love the easy applicator of this concealer. You twist one end and the product comes out on the cotton applicator tip. It’s perfect if you’re in a rush and it travels very well so you can pop it in your bag if you’re a girl on the go.

7. Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

If you suffer from dry skin in the winter (who doesn’t?) this hand cream works wonders. It was originally made for use on cows but over the years has been adopted by humans! It’s the most hydrating lotion I have ever used so it’s a must-have for this harsh, dry season.

It’s time to treat yourself to these incredible products. They’re all incredibly functional and make putting yourself first a breeze!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.