Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Men's Hockey vs. Providence: The Amazing Superhero Night

By Allison Rebecca Penn
October 27, 2013 - 5:30pm

What happens when BU Hockey meets Halloween weekend? BU is calling all super heroes (and villains) to dress in costume. Dress as an individual for a shot to win “best individual costume” or round your friends to dress as a group for the chance to win “best group costume.” We saw you dress up to win World Series tickets, so here’s another chance to wow us with your costumes. Tickets are available for pick up with a Sports Pass. READ MORE

So You Think BU Can Dance '13

By Allison Rebecca Penn
October 27, 2013 - 5:30pm

Join the Boston University China Care Fun to see a phenomenal performance of eight of BU’s most spectacular dance teams showcase their talent and compete for the championship title. All proceeds for to Half the Sky Organization, which raises funs to assist Chinese orphans. Featured dance groups are BU Jalwa, VIBES, Fusion, Step About Boston Edge Dance Co, M.U.S.I.C., Soulstice, and BU’s MiXx. READ MORE

Colleen Martin

By Kerri Brochhagen
October 27, 2013 - 9:00am

Colleen Martin (CAS ’16) stands out in the hallways of CAS wearing an outfit compiled of the perfect fall pieces. Her hunter green military jacket from Nordstrom’s compliments the burgundy hue of her Urban Outfitters pants.   READ MORE

Danielle Barney

By Alexandra LaSala
October 26, 2013 - 12:35pm

Meet Danielle Barney (CGS, ’16) who has a knack for looking put together this fall.   Danielle keeps it simple with Rugby leggings and a Gap sweater, but accessorizes well with a rose gold watch from Michael Kors, as well as David Yurman and Alex and Ani bracelets. READ MORE

Networking: All of the Results, None of the Awkward

By Quinn Rodriguez
October 26, 2013 - 11:33am

I don’t know anyone who loves networking events. They’re the most awkward things in the world- someone just decided that throwing a bunch of people with common goals in the same room and expecting them to mingle was a good idea. Even the word networking is such an awkward word- it implies that you’re only talking to someone to see what they can get you. But it doesn’t always have to be like that, right? Right. Here are a few tips to make things slightly less awkward. Go to the right events READ MORE

Securing a Spring Internship in Boston

By Kayla Berrios
October 26, 2013 - 9:00am

Although it may seem far away, Spring 2014 is right around the corner. Some companies’ internship deadlines have already passed, and some companies have even completed their hiring process for the semester. However, if you haven’t gotten started on the application process - now is when you should start. Don’t fret--you still have time! First, start out with a list of companies you would like to work at. If you don’t know where you’d like to work visit the Career Center or the CareerLink, or speak with an advisor to get some information and guidance about good internships to take on. BU’s Center for Career Development website also has tons of information on places that are looking to hire and recruiting right on BU’s campus....

7 Layering Essentials For Fall

By Lauren Force
October 25, 2013 - 9:00am

Autumn, in all of its chilly glory, is finally here! After a relatively mild September, it’s finally time to pull out the usual fall essentials: knee-high boots, sweaters, and scarves. Now I don’t know about you girls, but fall (in Boston, especially) is my favorite season to experiment with clothes and different layering tips. In my countdown of the seven most important fall layering pieces, I’ll put a new spin on the classics we all know and love.   1.  Fitted T-Shirt READ MORE

Beating Homesickness at BU

By Karli Bendlin
October 25, 2013 - 9:00am

We’ve all heard the clichés about how to avoid homesickness: don’t go home on weekends, talk to new people, eat your favorite meal. However, since no other school is quite like BU, it only makes sense that homesickness is different for BU students as well. These tips are particularly tailored for getting through your first year in this new, exciting city. 1. Take a break from social media READ MORE

The Ellen Show Films Green Monsters, Live from BU

By Rebecca Shinners
October 24, 2013 - 3:31pm

Like any fairy tale, it all started with a tweet. When Ellen DeGeneres announced an event in Boston, who knew her crew would be showing up right on our campus? With this tweet, word spread like rapid fire, gaining the attention of all of Comm Ave. Fans rushed to Marsh Plaza, proving how strong of an influence social media and a love for the Red Sox can have on Boston.  Only a few hours before filming, Ellen had a new challenge for us.  READ MORE

My Halloween costume will be...

By