Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Condé Nast Ends Intern Program: What's a Student to Do?

By Rebecca Shinners
November 1, 2013 - 9:45pm

Throughout college, we're constantly being told to find an internship. According to our professors, our academic counselors, and even our parents, internships will help us succeed in the future. Intern now, find a job later. So, what's an intern to do when a company closes its intern program? On Oct. 23rd, Condé Nast, one of the largest, most well-known magazine publishing companies in the US did just that. READ MORE

Colored Jeans to Wear This Fall

By Sarah Anolik
November 1, 2013 - 11:00am

Colored jeans are the perfect way to spice up any outfit. It's a common misconception to think that they’re only appropriate during the spring and summer months, but that’s definitely not true. You can add a little something to your outfit with some “autumn colors” like oranges, reds, purples, and greens. There are a number of jean colors that are perfect for this fall! Below is a list of the top five colored jeans for collegiettes to sport this season:   1. Green Olive READ MORE

Must-Follow Fashion Bloggers

By Victoria Pierce
November 1, 2013 - 9:00am

Leaves are falling and scattered across Comm. Ave. Start bundling up, ladies; fall is definitely here to stay. Need some inspiration for layering and outfit combos that are both fashion forward and weather-appropriate? No need to consult Vogue or Elle, your computer is your best tool for this one. The Internet is chock-full of fashion bloggers ready to share their personal style and lend some inspiration. Real people are your best source to find what’s trending in fashion, as they are sure to show what’s affordable and what looks fabulous for every day, not just for the runway. Here are a few fashion bloggers that are sure to help you get your fashionable creative juices following.   READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Davina Dresbach

By Jessica Lipman
November 1, 2013 - 9:00am

This week’s campus cutie is none other than Davina Dresbach (COM ’15) – a Palm Beach, Florida native who came to BU to study Public Relations. One of the things I love most about Davina (apart from the fact that she sat through this season’s entire Glee Tribute Episode and practically held me as I cried) is her impeccable sense of fashion. It could be a Monday in November, a Friday in the spring, or even a random Sunday morning in the middle of the summer when she’s doing nothing but lounging around, and she will still be rocking a killer outfit. READ MORE

Halloweekend: Being Prepared

By Melanie Kirsh
October 31, 2013 - 9:00am

While last weekend you probably were carving pumpkins or shopping for your best costume ever, this weekend is reserved for “trick-or-treating.” I’m referring to Halloweekend, which is the weekend before, the week of, Halloween, and typically several days afterwards. Although this time can be a fabulous way to stun people with your creative costume ideas, other parts of the weekend may be trickier than a treat. Whether this is your first Halloweekend in Boston or simply another for the books, below is my list of essentials for the Halloweekend festivities!    Before going out: READ MORE

Daniella Seidl (COM '16)

By Melissa Fiszner
October 31, 2013 - 9:00am

Tonight, Daniella Seidl will be caking on some make-up, arranging her hair with gel, putting on her costume, and embodying a new persona. Halloween party in a frat basement? Not quite. Instead, she’ll be starring in BU Stage Troupe’s Alice in Wonderland.               This campus celeb will be, in fact, a real celeb this Halloweekend. Daniella will be playing three distinct roles – the Cheshire Cat, Humpty Dumpty, and Dodo Bird – in the play with seven other actors.             “This is the first big play I'm doing in college,” she says excitedly. “I was really involved in theater in high school and even before that. Plus, Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books!” READ MORE

Hayley Krugman

By Caroline Rodman
October 30, 2013 - 1:30pm

Hayley Krugman (CGS '17) knows how to embrace the cold weather! Her kangaroo inspired sweater is cozy, and makes for a great conversation starter! This sweater is Paper Heart, which can be found at LF. READ MORE

College Fashion Week Comes to Boston!

By Maya Yearwood
October 30, 2013 - 11:04am

This past week several ladies from the Boston University chapter of Her Campus went to College Fashion Week. Some colligettes were models, while others watched the show! Take a look at some of the pictures from the show.  READ MORE

Miley's New Message

By Annie Husted
October 30, 2013 - 9:00am

Miley Cyrus-- former Disney teen pop star turned something completely unique. The world has watched the evolution of Hannah Montana to the real Miley Cyrus, and it was not exactly as we all would have expected. It is undeniable that Miss Miley is the center of attention in television, music, and the internet at the moment. However, despite many of her eternally loyal fans, many individuals have been not so pleased with her “bad girl” transformation. READ MORE

Life Lessons from Little Miss Sunshine

By Sarah Ryan
October 30, 2013 - 9:00am

There are some movies you watch that change you forever. Maybe it’s the COM kid in me, but after some movies you can’t help but leave the theatre with a new perspective or gain of insight. For me, one movie that never fails is Little Miss Sunshine. As an upperclassman, it’s so interesting to look back on my freshman year and see how different my life was. You’re thrown into a completely new environment and sometimes it’s difficult to determine which path you should take. Here are some points of advice I wish I could tell my freshman year self, as described by Little Miss Sunshine. If you haven’t seen this movie then stop whatever you’re doing and go see it right now! But also delay reading this post. Some of the quotes used might be spoilers!...