Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Joana Marques - Making a Difference at Her Dream Job

By Ariella Berger
April 19, 2013 - 12:00pm

This week’s Campus Celeb is quite the busy bee - she interns at Channel 7 News, has worked at a fashion PR company and is currently the Director of PR, Advertising and Marketing for One-Way Treatment Inc., a non-profit organization in Somerville, MA, that works to help female victims of domestic violence. Joana Marques (COM ’13) studies public relations, advertising and economics, not to mention her involvement in a multitude of organizations outside of BU.  READ MORE

How to Give Yourself a Good (And Cheap!) Manicure

By Anna Stathopoulos
April 19, 2013 - 9:00am

The most important accessory that completes every outfit in your closet (other than a pair of Louboutins of course) is a good manicure. Whether you’re waving to someone, shaking their hand, or giving them a high-five, people are forced to look at your hands every day. This means a good manicure is vital for making an impression on someone. No one wants to look at bare chipped nails, but everyone loves a compliment on a fresh manicure. READ MORE

Is Going Home for Summer a Bad Idea?

By Allie Raich
April 18, 2013 - 12:00pm

I don't want to go home. It’s halfway through April, and not only am I stressing out about finals, I’m also even less excited for what’s going to happen after them- going home. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ready for summer, but a summer at home is not exactly something I’m looking forward to. After living in Boston for most of this year, having to return to a small town in Montana may be worse than 4 finals. READ MORE

HCBU Presents Manicure Monday!

By Winifred Branton
April 18, 2013 - 10:46am

Treat yourself to a one-of-a-kind manicure this Monday, April 22! Her Campus is hosting some of BU’s most talented nail artists from 3-5 pm in CAS 234. They will be giving cheap, adorable, unique, and most importantly cheap manicures for just $5. This won’t be a manicure you can get at any salon. Whether you’re into leopard print, stripes, florals, or a combination of all three, these nail artists will create a beautiful design just for you. Basically, they have magical powers that will turn your nails into tiny works of art! The event will also include free food (yes, you read that right: free), goodies, and a few very special vendors! READ MORE

Best TV Shows of Summer 2013

By Zahra Spencer
April 18, 2013 - 9:00am

READ MORE

Ana Gencarelli & Katie Zahorak

By Schuyler Silverman
April 17, 2013 - 9:30pm

CFA '15 students, Katie Zahorak (left) and Ana Gencarelli (right), light up Commonwealth Avenue in springy shades of pink. Zahorak wears a preppy pinstripe top with leggings and riding boots, while Gencarelli shows more skin in a peek-a-boo shoulder dress and sandals.  READ MORE

Make 'Em Laugh: Ari Stern

By Elyssa Sternberg
April 17, 2013 - 6:00pm

Ari Stern (CAS ’13) recently played an eight-year-old girl named Ruby of the strawberry-jelly family who just wanted to go to grape-jelly school. Such is the life of an improv performer. “In a set we did recently, the person we interviewed had grape jelly in their fridge and we asked them if they had any other sort of jelly and they said ‘no only grape,’” explains Stern. “So when we did the set there was this whole story arc of this strawberry jelly family in a grape jelly neighborhood, and their daughter Ruby who was building "bridges" between the two flavors. We like to parallel social themes. Those are some my favorite moments.” READ MORE

Minty Fresh: How to Incorporate This Season’s Popular Color Into Your Wardrobe

By Sarah Weiner
April 17, 2013 - 12:00pm

Spring has arrived! The perfect way to transition into this gorgeous weather is to embrace this season’s hottest color, mint! So, ladies it’s time to ditch those frumpy sweaters and show off all of those tank tops and skirts you have been dying to wear. Don’t fret, mint is the perfect color in both small doses and large pieces. Even on the roughest of mornings, a touch of mint will make your outfit look fresh and timely. READ MORE

She’s the Man: Top Things You Can Borrow from Your Boyfriend’s Closet

By Adrienne Todela
April 17, 2013 - 9:00am

READ MORE

How to Remain Sane While Waiting for Summer

By Sanah Faroke
April 16, 2013 - 6:00pm

It’s safe to say that I’m not the only one impatiently waiting for the spring semester to end. Lately, I’ve been getting more than one grande coffee at the GSU, occasionally spacing out in class, and this hot-cold weather flashes make me feel like I’m going through some sort of menopause. But collegiettes, what keeps me going is knowing that there’s about 20-something days left till summer vacation. READ MORE