Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

The Best BU Clubs You're Missing Out On

By Liza E. Moskowitz
March 23, 2013 - 1:38pm

READ MORE

Meet ROTC Campus Cutie Conor Goodman

By Ariella Berger
March 23, 2013 - 1:33pm

Conor Goodman, a senior from San Diego, California, is probably the busiest guy you’ll meet at BU. He’s an advertising major in COM and has minors in both SMG and ENG. Not to mention he’s part of the Navy ROTC program. Part of his extra-curricular activities include being a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, a professional fraternity, and he’s held quite a few positions, including Vice President of Membership and Recruitment Chair. All relating back to the Navy, these positions, Conor says, helped him become a great leader. He’s already been accepted into Flight School, where he’ll be headed after graduation. READ MORE

Why Do We Lie?

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
March 22, 2013 - 6:00pm

In our daily lives, we all use lying as a protective mechanism in order to accomplish a desired end. We generally lie to others and to ourselves to get out of doing trivial things such as chores, homework or things we prefer not to do. We frequently say, “I can't do it” when we face a doable task that seems impossible at the time. Humans often do not realize that we are capable of so much more than we think. Whether it is discouraging ourselves regarding exercise, finishing an assignment or tackling the unimaginable, the same lie tends to be utilized.  READ MORE

How to Dress Like Cara Delevigne

By Fatima Mufti
March 22, 2013 - 12:00pm

Cara Delevigne is well known for her signature eyebrows but beneath those thick eyebrows is a girl with impeccable style. Her looks are very laid back and tomboyish but she always looks incredible and now you can dress like a model with just a few key pieces!   Look One: If you don't have a black leather jacket then go buy one! Cara can almost always be seen wearing one. Just throw it over a simple t-shirt and jeans and you'll look effortless yet perfectly put together. READ MORE

Zeba Race: Program Manager of CSC’s Voices from the Middle

By Remy Goodman
March 22, 2013 - 9:00am

It’s hard to find a person more generous than Zeba Race (SED’14).  Not only is she a dedicated student, she also divides the rest of her time between BU’s Community Service Center, the Catholic Center and elementary schools around Boston. Between volunteering and her passion for skiing and singing, I’m not sure when she finds time to sleep! READ MORE

The Perks of Being a Freshman (We Swear They Exist!)

By CaseyCarroll
March 21, 2013 - 6:00pm

What do you remember about your freshman year? The horrible dorms? The ridiculously annoying roommate? Getting no sleep whatsoever? Sure, those things were awful, and none of us would voluntarily repeat them, but I am sure I am no the only one who has fond memories of my first year on campus. Being a newbie has its benefits, so what do we miss most about freshman year? READ MORE

The Most Awkward Things to Do at FitRec

By Winnie Branton
March 21, 2013 - 12:00pm

If you’ve been to FitRec even once in your time at BU, you know there is no shortage of awkward people doing awkward things in this place. So, after weeks of intensive research (ha...), here are a few of my favorite awkward things to do at FitRec. 1.) Wear non-athletic clothing. Whether you’re actually working out or not, this one’s a doozy. I know I saw those jeggings on a rack at American Eagle, so why are you trying to pretend that they’re appropriate for the elliptical? Also, aren’t you extremely uncomfortable right now? READ MORE

6 Spring Wardrobe Staples

By Maya Devereaux
March 21, 2013 - 9:00am

Nothing gets me more excited than the moment I can ditch my bulky winter coat and chunky sweaters for short sleeves and skirts! Even though constant snow and cold weather seems to be never ending here in Boston, spring weather will eventually come and it’ll finally be time to shed all of those heavy layers, hats, gloves and winter scarves. But with warm weather comes the need to update your closet and make room for a few key pieces for the spring season, so check out these 6 spring fashion staples and get shopping before it’s too late! READ MORE

10 Things BU Should Teach in Class

By Jomarie Polanco
March 20, 2013 - 6:00pm

Whether walking down Comm Ave or sitting in the GSU, I always think of things I wish BU taught in class like people who don’t do things the way they should – or the way I would like them to. I also find myself complaining about a lot of #firstworldproblems (does anyone even hashtag that anymore?) that I would definitely take a one semester course in. These are the top 10 classes I wish BU taught so that my life (and hopefully yours) would be a lot easier outside of class: READ MORE

The Pros and Cons of College Hookup Culture

By Melanie Kirsh
March 20, 2013 - 12:00pm

In general, relationships are complicated. And when a college student is involved in activities, academic obligations, and work, adding a relationship into the equation doesn’t make life any more appealing. That’s where HOOKUP CULTURE comes in! What is hookup culture, you ask? Simply, it is the culture of engaging in casual sexual activity (intercourse may not necessarily apply). Movies and the media often glamorize hookup culture and, personally, I’ve had some splendid experiences. These experiences have allowed me to formulate the “Pros” of hookup culture below. In addition to reaping the benefits, I also have had some not-so-awesome experiences with this normalized college activity. That’s where the “Cons” come in. (I’ll start on a good note!)...