Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

The Best Pizza in Boston

By Daniela Ratner
April 27, 2013 - 12:43pm

Like most normal individuals, I am a fan of pizza. Pizza is always delicious whether it’s the frozen kind that you find at Trader Joe’s, the New York-style pizza that you eat at 3:00am after a fun night out or the delicious homemade kind that you can get at any good Italian place. For many people, it is a comfort food. Personally, nothing makes me happier than a nice cheesy slice, loaded with vegetables. For college students, it is the go-to, staple meal. It’s cheap, easily delivered and found on every corner. On BU’s campus alone there must be at least ten different pizza joints.  READ MORE

Zack Robinson, SMG '16

By rmriley
April 27, 2013 - 8:59am

Now a resident in West Campus, Zack came to Boston University this fall from sunny Los Angeles to pursue a degree in entertainment management at SMG. He hopes to move back to L.A. after college to work on the business side of the T.V. or music industry. “Obviously I didn't come to BU for the weather, but when visiting I loved SMG, and now I'm a business administration major,” Zack said in an interview. Zack is a prime example of a people person. From security officers in Sleeper Hall to the SMG Starbucks, he can make conversation with absolutely anyone. “Everyone we ever come into contact with will have something in common with us, and so I love interacting with people to find those things,” he said. READ MORE...

An Ode to Justin Timberlake

By Winnie Branton
April 26, 2013 - 6:00pm

So you’re in love with Justin Timberlake. Even if you think you’re not, you kind of still are. Even if you’ve never graced your eardrums to his silky-smooth falsetto in “My Love,” belted out “It’s Gonna Be Me” on a ride with your elementary school carpool, or resisted the urge to sing along as “Pusher Love Girl” flows from your earbuds on your walk to class, that doesn’t mean you’re immune to his charms (though you may be living under a rock a la Patrick Star).  READ MORE

And All That Jazz: BU on Broadway President Janette Martinez

By Hannah Landers
April 26, 2013 - 2:00pm

If you were lucky enough to catch BU on Broadway’s performance of Chicago this weekend, then you already know Janette Martinez (CFA ’13). But you might recognize her as Matron “Mama” Morton, head of the women’s block at the Cook County Jail, and a part she worked hard to be comfortable with. “I’ve been practicing my walk, because I have a very feminine walk and in the play I get called ‘butch’ and ‘diesel’ quite a few times,” Martinez laughs a few weeks before the show. “It’s been a huge challenge but I’ve had a lot of fun doing it.” READ MORE

Things We'll Miss About BU

By undefined
April 26, 2013 - 12:00pm

Although we all love to complain sometimes, deep down most of us truly love BU, and will miss it when we head home for the summer, study abroad, or graduate. Here are my top 10 things I miss about BU’s campus when I’m away: Convenience points: They are so (dare I say it?) convenient. There’s nothing like paying for your laundry, getting coffee, and buying textbooks just by swiping your Terrier card. READ MORE

Summer’s Hottest Accessories for Under $10

By Zahra Spencer
April 26, 2013 - 9:00am

For me, shopping has always been about getting the best bang for your buck. That’s why I adore accessories because they can completely transform your outfit into a totally new look without breaking the bank. Add a bold necklace to your basic tank top and skinny jeans and you will instantly look like a million bucks. Sounds like a win-win situation right? Here are some of summer’s must-have accessories, all for under $10! (Use the money you save to splurge on that new swimsuit you’ve been eyeing- I know I will!) READ MORE

Globally Inspired Fashion or Global Fashion?

By Elyssa Sternberg
April 25, 2013 - 6:00pm

When I think “globally inspired fashion” the first thing that comes to mind is a girl in a beret, a stripped shirt, cigarette pants and a baguette. Or a girl in a sparkly two-piece at Carnival. Or a girl in rain boots and a trench coat getting on a red double-decker bus. But is this really globally inspired? Maybe I’ve had one too many anthropology classes (which is impossible because I’ve only taken one) but it seems to me our idea of “globally inspired” is through our domestic, American eyes.  Although it might take some extra digging, finding conscious, locally made, or charitable global fashion is easier than ever with the world wide web. Here are some awesome example of not just globally inspired fashion, but global fashion!...

BU A Capella Groups vs. Pitch Perfect

By Tyler Boudreaux
April 25, 2013 - 12:00pm

‘Pitch Perfect’ was an hit when it landed in theaters in September 2012 mostly because of its witty humor. The fun dramatization of the college a cappella experience at Barden University, called on some striking similarities between the a cappella groups here at Boston University. To discuss the similarities and differences between the ‘Pitch Perfect’ experience and the actual college a cappella experience I sat and chatted with David Valbuena (COM '13) the President of the Dear Abbeys, Boston University’s premier all-male a cappella group, and Emma Temkin (CAS '13) the music director of Terpsichore an all-female group. What was your initial reaction of the movie and the way the college a capella lifestyle was portrayed?...

Why You Should Practice Yoga

By Jomarie Polanco
April 25, 2013 - 9:00am

If you’re like me, then for the longest time you probably thought that yoga is just an extra long stretch class. After a friend raved about how yoga helps her run faster and longer, I decided that I wanted to give yoga a second chance. I am so grateful that I did because, this time around, I found that there are so many more benefits to yoga than just flexibility! READ MORE

How to Stay Sane this Summer

By Shealyn Lonergan
April 23, 2013 - 6:00pm

Summer is quickly approaching, which for many of us means that we have about 3 months of no worries to look forward to besides catching up on sleep, doing summer-y things, and earning some cash to make up for those all-too-frequent Starbucks runs. But if you have thought about it like I have, being stuck at home for that long after so many months at school seems less than ideal. Here are some ways to prevent the impending insanity:   READ MORE