Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

The Best Blogs by BU Students

By Kelsey Hopper
April 4, 2013 - 12:09pm

Many of us at HCBU love to read a good blog. Whether it’s about fashion, fitness, or food, these blogs allow us to get inspired. Although reading blogs can be somewhat of a time commitment, sorry homework, reading blogs is time well spent. Not only do the blogs I read teach me something new, but also my fashion wish list is constantly being expanded! Some of my favorite blogs come from students here at BU; a few are even HC writers too! The following blogs are written by BU students and are a part of the Her Campus Bloggers Network, a community of bloggers sponsored by HC National. So check them out and join the blog lovers of the world! All Dressed Up,...

Your Spring Reading List

By Adrienne Todela
April 4, 2013 - 9:00am

READ MORE

Don't Miss a Free Screening of "Girl Rising" Tonight!

By Elyssa Sternberg
April 3, 2013 - 11:27pm

It might not be Women’s History Month anymore (it was March FYI), but that doesn’t mean that we should stop thinking about women’s issues (we should never stop thinking about women’s issues!). Luckily for BU students, there is an easy way to keep the conversation alive!   READ MORE

Reasons to Always Look Fabulous

By CaseyCarroll
April 3, 2013 - 11:07pm

We’ve all done it before - left the house in yoga pants and a big, comfy sweatshirt, with our hair in a bun and the remnants of last night’s makeup. On the days when it’s a struggle just to get out of bed, the last thing you want to do is turn on the flat iron and primp in the mirror for an hour. The truth is, though, you never know who you’ll see when you go out, or where you’ll end up, so it’s in your best interest to look your best. We came up with some reasons why: READ MORE

What You Need to Bring for Marathon Monday

By Quinn Rodriguez
April 3, 2013 - 12:00pm

As someone who was sober last Marathon Monday, I can accurately tell you what I recall as the biggest needs for the day. I remember hearing people constantly asking for these things, and being annoyed when your friends didn’t bring/ lost them (how dare they!). But just to be safe, better bring your own: 1. Drawstring bag Trust me, you need somewhere to keep all your cool Marathon Monday swag. No one wants their hands full when they’re running around Boston- and please, don’t risk losing or ruining your favorite purse. Those free drawstring bags they gave out at Splash are perfect for the day- you won’t lose them and they hold just enough. 2. WATER READ MORE

True Life: BU Edition

By Allie Raich
April 3, 2013 - 9:00am

We’re reaching out to you, yes, you.  Those of you at Boston University whose college experience has been especially uncommon. We’re finally giving you the acknowledgement you deserve. We can’t give you an episode on MTV, but we can give you a shout out here. If BU was it’s own universe (and it kinda is), here’s the True Life episodes we would want to see. True Life: I like the winter in Boston True Life: I’m a CGS student who really want to be here and not in another college True Life: I didn’t study abroad in London READ MORE

The Best Life Lessons from Legally Blonde

By Elyssa Sternberg
April 2, 2013 - 6:00pm

When faced with a life crisis, you have three options. You can face it, you can run from it, or you can ask “WWEWD?” also known as, “What would Elle Woods do?” I have always tried to choose the latter as my course of action. Who doesn’t want to be the smart and fabulous Elle Woods who showed that “being true to yourself never goes out of style”? And admit it, you wanted that glittery bathing suit from the admissions video when you were nine years old (and some of us might still be searching for it on eBay...). READ MORE

Kaitlin Chandler

By Schuyler Silverman
April 2, 2013 - 2:00pm

Kaitlin Chandler (COM '13) wears a fabulous pair of knee-high Jeffrey Campbell boots with a pea coat and all-black ensemble. Her sheer tights downplay the sexiness of this awesome outfit!  READ MORE

How to Survive the Last Month Before Summer

By undefined
April 2, 2013 - 9:00am

I cannot believe it is already April. First of all, March felt like it didn’t exist. And secondly, I don’t know about you, but personally I am going to be really sad when this year is over. As a freshman, the experiences and memories I have gained will last with me forever and I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to BU for the summer. But either way, summer is summer and nothing beats relaxing on the beach or chilling with friends from home. Here is some advice to survive this last bittersweet month before summer! READ MORE

The Shoes You Need for Spring

By Fatima Mufti
April 1, 2013 - 8:38pm

It's finally time to put your Winter boots in storage because Spring is here! And what better way to celebrate the weather than to go shopping for some new shoes? Here are some colorful options that will brighten up the rest of your semester. Sneakers Clockwise from left: Keds pink polka dot ($62), Kate Spade x Keds ($75), Madewell ($62), Kate Spade Saturday ($65), Urban Outfitters ($70) , H&M ($38) READ MORE