Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Weekend Event Recap: #BULEADS

By Melanie Kirsh
September 23, 2013 - 1:45pm

This Saturday, September 21st, I had the privilege of attending the first ever #BULEADS (Boston University’s Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Activism, and Design Summit). Student Activities hosted the six-hour event in order to “explore the connection between innovation, collaboration, and social action.” This summit was not only a way for three hundred student leaders to acquire knowledge from fellow and former BU student speakers, but also to network with each other. BULEADS had an amazing lineup of ten speakers for the day. The “Agenda” included Alumna Talks, Student Talks, and Guest Talks, supplemented by round table discussion questions. READ MORE

Who Said Insomnia was a Bad Thing?

By Kiera Blessing
September 21, 2013 - 11:22am

Ladies, get your sweatpants: Insomnia Cookies has (finally) arrived. For those of you who, like me, have been jealous of friends on other college campuses with an Insomnia branch for years, you’ll be happy to know that the company opened its first Boston University location on September 3 at 708 Commonwealth Avenue. For those of you who haven’t heard of Insomnia Cookies, it’s basically every girl’s dream  - a bakery that delivers freshly baked cookies, milk and ice cream right to your door – until 3 a.m.! READ MORE

New to BU: Your Guide to Campus Additions and Renovations for Fall 2013

By Hannah Landers
September 21, 2013 - 11:12am

Taking a look around campus this semester, one might notice something new – and no, I’m not talking about the hordes of freshman faces. (Welcome, class of 2017!) BU made a lot of changes over the summer, some more obvious than others, but fear not! Here is your guide to all things new on campus this semester that will leave even the most newbie freshman feeling like a seasoned BU pro. READ MORE

Ryan Huff (COM '15)

By Sarah Ryan
September 20, 2013 - 1:28pm

This week’s campus cutie is the one and only, Ryan Huff. You might know him as Heartbreaker Huff and though he is known to break hearts, he’s also one of the sweetest guys on campus. Ryan is a 20-year-old Advertising major from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. After school he would like to work in New York City, but eventually settle down in New Jersey and live by the beach. Long walks on the beach anyone? READ MORE

Local Head Shops for the Boston Hippie

By Jessica Lipman
September 20, 2013 - 9:00am

Whether you’re a flower child raised by Dead Heads or just a free spirited collegiatte hoping to bring more positive vibes into your life, the city of Boston has just what you’re looking for: a ton of awesome head shops that sell every product from A to Z. According to students on campus, these are the four favorites: 1. The Hempest READ MORE

The Problem with the Arrest-First Policy

By Melanie Kirsh
September 19, 2013 - 12:00pm

A recent BU Today article announces a new “Arrest-First” strategy to further enforce the Boston University Police Department’s policing of alcohol-related violations in the Gardner, Ashford, and Pratt Street (GAP) region. According to the article, “Boston police operating in the BU area will make arrest the ‘preferred response’ to drinking law violations.” While the article supports the policy in terms its effective efforts to decrease hospital transports, there are many more questions raised in terms of how the BUPD’s strategy will affect the student body. READ MORE

Girls Gone Wild: Miley Cyrus Edition

By Zahra Spencer
September 19, 2013 - 9:00am

For years teen stars have gone to drastic lengths to prove to the world they aren’t little girls anymore.  From Britney to Christina to Lindsay, we’ve seen this story so many times it’s almost become an overdone cliché. The latest to join the group is Disney’s very own Miley Cyrus. Within less than a year, the former Hannah Montana star has swiftly become a textbook case of “when Disney darlings go bad”, following in the footsteps of many a child star, however I’m not sure if we’ve ever seen a case like this quite before. Just in case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months, I’ll run through a quick timeline of Miley’s transformation to wannabe sex symbol. READ MORE

MixFest the Photo Essay: Gavin DeGraw Charms, the Backstreet Boys Confuse, and Of Monsters And Men Take Over Boston

By Rebecca Shinners
September 19, 2013 - 12:03am

When the news of a free Backstreet Boys concert drifted down Comm Ave, BU girls from every school shrieked with joy. Any worry about internships or classes drifted away at the premise of fulfilling our biggest childhood dream--meeting this boy band!  The lines were long, Hatch Shell was overflowing, and the venue closed early. Overly-excited teen girls stood in any nearby open spaces they could find, hoping to overhear MixFest. The streets became a sea of screaming faces. READ MORE

Bring Bedsider's In the Wild Campaign to BU!

By Anonymous Author
September 18, 2013 - 12:41pm

Do you have a passion for public health and women's reproductive rights?   READ MORE

HCBU & Teen Vogue Present: Back to School Style Giveaway

By Rebecca Shinners
September 18, 2013 - 9:00am

It's that time of the year again--time for fresh school supplies, new dorm decor, updated class schedules, and a trunk of freebies from Teen Vogue? Yup, you heard us correctly, Her Campus BU is teaming up with Teen Vogue to make your transition back to school more fashionable than ever with a free trunk party this Thursday, September 19, in the GSU Link.  READ MORE