Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Securing a Spring Internship in Boston

By Kayla Berrios
October 26, 2013 - 9:00am

Although it may seem far away, Spring 2014 is right around the corner. Some companies’ internship deadlines have already passed, and some companies have even completed their hiring process for the semester. However, if you haven’t gotten started on the application process - now is when you should start. Don’t fret--you still have time! First, start out with a list of companies you would like to work at. If you don’t know where you’d like to work visit the Career Center or the CareerLink, or speak with an advisor to get some information and guidance about good internships to take on. BU’s Center for Career Development website also has tons of information on places that are looking to hire and recruiting right on BU’s campus....

7 Layering Essentials For Fall

By Lauren Force
October 25, 2013 - 9:00am

Autumn, in all of its chilly glory, is finally here! After a relatively mild September, it’s finally time to pull out the usual fall essentials: knee-high boots, sweaters, and scarves. Now I don’t know about you girls, but fall (in Boston, especially) is my favorite season to experiment with clothes and different layering tips. In my countdown of the seven most important fall layering pieces, I’ll put a new spin on the classics we all know and love.   1.  Fitted T-Shirt READ MORE

Beating Homesickness at BU

By Karli Bendlin
October 25, 2013 - 9:00am

We’ve all heard the clichés about how to avoid homesickness: don’t go home on weekends, talk to new people, eat your favorite meal. However, since no other school is quite like BU, it only makes sense that homesickness is different for BU students as well. These tips are particularly tailored for getting through your first year in this new, exciting city. 1. Take a break from social media READ MORE

The Ellen Show Films Green Monsters, Live from BU

By Rebecca Shinners
October 24, 2013 - 3:31pm

Like any fairy tale, it all started with a tweet. When Ellen DeGeneres announced an event in Boston, who knew her crew would be showing up right on our campus? With this tweet, word spread like rapid fire, gaining the attention of all of Comm Ave. Fans rushed to Marsh Plaza, proving how strong of an influence social media and a love for the Red Sox can have on Boston.  Only a few hours before filming, Ellen had a new challenge for us.  READ MORE

My Halloween costume will be...

By

8 Essentials Halloween Films to Watch This Season

By Hannah Landers
October 24, 2013 - 10:26am

1.) Psycho (1960) dir. Alfred Hitchcock You’ve never seen a mama’s boy like Norman Bates. Starring the lovely Janet Leigh and the creepy-but-still-kind-of-handsome Anthony Perkins, Psycho is a standout in Hitchcock’s superb collection of horror movies that don’t need to resort to gory bloodbaths in order to make that chilling impact. (Although the infamous shower scene is more than a little bit graphic.) READ MORE

Asfiya Maredia

By Caroline Rodman
October 24, 2013 - 9:00am

Asfiya Maredia (CAS '16) took advantage of a sunny day! Her outfit reflected this because of her choice to wear such vibrant colors. Her blue Forever 21 blazer makes her outfit more sophisticated, and her silk yellow undershirt ties the look together. Asfiya's aqua necklace and Saks Fifth Ave shoes match perfectly!  READ MORE

Collegefeed: Connecting College Students with Employers and Organizing Flash Mobs

By Rebecca Shinners
October 23, 2013 - 10:57pm

At a school like BU, where everyone is driven and talented, there’s always motivation to seek out new opportunities. Whether you’re a magazine editor or a biology TA, you have your heart set on a competitive job, and you know you aren’t going to get it by sitting in your dorm room watching TV. Unsure of where to find opportunities? Collegefeed, a social networking site that connects college students with employers, can help! READ MORE

How to Find a Halloween Costume Without Breaking the Bank

By Summer Ford
October 23, 2013 - 10:15pm

Aside from midterms, boot and scarf weather, and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, October can only mean one thing: Halloween is here! And what better way to unwind than to hit the city with your girls and guys for a night of fun. Even if only for a night, you're no longer the bookworm pulling an all-nighter in a secluded corner of Mugar or the hardworking intern juggling the books and the boss's orders. You have the opportunity to take on the persona of any character you'd like. And it doesn't have to cost you a fortune. So put away your little hammer, back away from your dear piggy bank, and pay attention to these alternatives to buying an expensive halloween getup. READ MORE...

Brett Landsberger (CGS '14)

By Shealyn Lonergan
October 23, 2013 - 11:09am

I first met Brett Landsberger as the roommate of a mutual friend (hint: next week’s campus celebrity) as we were both freshman living in West Campus. Now as sophomores, it only felt right to return to our favorite dining hall at West Campus for this interview. Brett comes all the way to Boston University from the west coast, LA to be exact. As a 19 year-old sophomore, he is currently in CGS but plans on moving down Comm. Ave. to SMG next year where he will be studying finance. However, a businessman wasn’t his original dream job; Brett wanted to be a veterinarian as a kid. READ MORE