Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants in the Boston Area

By Sarah E. McCullough
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

Root is a plant-inspired food and juice establishment located in Allston. Its local food is fresh, simple, and most importantly, delicious. Root has plenty of tasty options on its menu for vegetarians, vegans and anyone looking for a feel-good meal. Menu Highlights: Root Burger: House-made black bean and quinoa burger with Boston lettuce, tomato, crispy onions and garlic aioli. Served with a side of dressed greens or herbed fries. Eggplant Caprese Sandwich: Crispy eggplant, fresh tomato, basil, balsamic reduction and creamy thyme sauce on an Iggy's bun. Served with herbed fries or dressed greens. Veg Cleanse: Kale, carrot, orange and lemon. All juices are made fresh and served in a 12 oz. mason jar!...

The Problem with Songs like "Anaconda" and "All About That Bass"

By Meredith Hauser
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

“Yeah, my mama she told me don't worry about your size. She says boys like a little more booty to hold at night.” READ MORE

5 Reasons to Spend Your Next Semester Abroad

By Shealyn Lonergan
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

We’ve all heard it before- studying abroad is a once in a lifetime experience! Having spent the past two months in New Zealand as part of BU’s Auckland Internship Study Abroad Program, I can honestly say I wholeheartedly agree. I’m telling you collegiettes, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity. Especially when BU makes it so easy for us with over a hundred different programs for different majors across the globe. If just the mere mention of this once in a lifetime experience isn’t convincing enough, here are five more reasons why you should spend your next semester abroad! READ MORE

Preston Edwards (Marketing '16)

By Summer Ford
September 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

Meet Preston Edwards, 20, a Newport, RI native, ladies’ man and party animal whose charisma and marketing skills are perhaps comparable to that of Matthew McConaughey in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. And this University of Boston (yes, you read that correctly) Marketing major is certainly no average Joe. His larger than life personality matches his even larger wallet. Yes ladies, he’s loaded and he isn’t afraid to show it! Whether you catch this cutie in full on business mogul mode or bro-ing it up with the guys, you’ll never experience a dull moment with him. READ MORE

Thoughts You Have at the Gym

By Charlotte Mooney
September 29, 2014 - 12:30pm

Alriiight, here we go. I am ready to have an amazing workout. Wow, there’s a lot more people here than I expected. Yeah, no, random sweaty guy, I definitely wasn’t planning on getting on that machine before you so kindly cut me off. Ok, I’m on the treadmill, I’ve got my hot new playlist all lined up, and I’m set to run. I appear to be running at a much slower pace than the person next to me, I can go faster. Nope. I can’t. Is this pain in my chest normal? It’s just my body getting warmed up. It should pass soon. Right? These boobs are really becoming an issue. READ MORE

Fall Trend Alert: School Girl Style

By Madison Smith
September 29, 2014 - 12:20pm

Remember that painfully yellow, pleated skirt blazer combo Cher wore in Clueless? Unfortunately, me too. However, that look is in this fall (minus the yellow of course). I'm talking white button downs, layered under an oversized sweater and paired with a cute, pleated, plaid mini skirt. If this is sounding too preppy to you, have no fear. Swap that sweater with a black blazer with leather details. My favorite one can be found here:  http://www.intermixonline.com/product/helmut+lang+crux+leather+sleeve+bl... READ MORE

HCBU's Spotify Playlist

By Cristina Estupiñán
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Listening to the same playlist over and over again can give you a headache -- sometimes you just need new music! The writers of HCBU have joined forces to provide you with some cool new tunes.  This playlist is a way to share what songs we’re super into right now, and maybe share some common ground with our readers. We hope to post a new playlist every month, to give you new music and to show you what’s replaying in our heads! We hope you like our October playlist — you can listen to it via Spotify here! Check back at the end of October for our November playlist! Happy Fall! READ MORE

10 Reasons You Want Jon Snow as Your Boyfriend

By Ava Varasteh
September 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

1) He looks like a sad puppy that you just want to console:       2) On the rare occasion that he’s not brooding, he has a million dollar smile: READ MORE

The Transfer Diaries

By Cristina Estupiñán
September 28, 2014 - 12:10pm

For those of you who don’t know, transferring is quite the process. My thirst for change began a year ago today. I went to breakfast one morning, and when I arrived back in my dorm, I said to myself, “I need to move.” It was as simple as that. READ MORE

Men's Ice Hockey vs. St. Thomas (N.B.)

By BU Contributor
September 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

Don't miss your chance to watch your BU Terriers in their debut game of the men's ice hockey season! Secure your tickets now to watch the terriers face off against the St. Thomas University Tommies! Seats fill fast.  READ MORE