Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Boston's Best Restaurants When You Miss Home-Cooked Meals

By Jadeine Botello
September 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

Now that we’ve all settled into our dorms for the school year, reunited with our friends, and received a fair share of homework, the time has come when that sickening feeling you just can’t shake will stop by for a visit: homesickness. As great as BU’s dining halls are, nothing compares to those home-cooked meals you’d been enjoying all summer long. For those days when you’re really missing your favorite comfort food, here’s a list of restaurants in town that will fulfill your cravings: 1.     SoulFire BBQ READ MORE

Hanna T. Yang (CFA '17)

By Karli Bendlin
September 18, 2014 - 1:00pm

Meet this week’s campus cutie, CFA sophomore Hanna T. Yang! This adorable half Asian, half Swedish Boston native is a graphic design major with a minor in communications. She’s only been on campus for a little over a year, but has already taken Boston University by storm. When she isn’t working on her latest CFA project (like the giant heads currently displayed in the 808 gallery), she spends her free time exploring Boston through her taste buds! READ MORE

Your Guide to Enjoying Boston's Warm Weather

By Shivani Patel
September 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer is coming to a close, and the weather is slowly shifting to fall (finally!). Time to break out the cute cardigans and print scarves! However, there are still a few weeks left of good weather. Don’t be lazy, and go out to enjoy it! Trust me – when you’re stuck inside from the crazy snowstorms, come December, you’ll regret not having enjoyed the warm weather. If you’re at a loss as to where to start, here’s a list of a few places you might want to check out: Museum of Fine Arts  READ MORE

Five Reasons to Start Running While it’s Still Nice Out

By Shannon Stocks
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

The sun is warming the pavement on Comm Ave, the sky is a pale blue, the Charles River is a sparkling reflection of the heavens, and one can almost be convinced that this campus never turns into an arctic wind tunnel within a matter of weeks. Listen up ladies: if there is ever a time to lace up the pair of running shoes you have lined up in your newly organized closet, it is now. You don’t need to own a lululemon headband to know that a workout is good for your body, and your body is not yet locked within the confines of Mugar Library or buried under a pile of blankets to avoid the Boston tundra. Here are just a few reasons to start running outside while there is still a 30% that it’s not already raining....

Joiee Thorpe: StyleWatch TV Stylist

By Summer Ford
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

Yestarday, the People StyleWatch Celebrity Stylist on Campus tour paid BU a visit! StyleWatch TV Stylist and Market Editor Joiee Thorpe showed us how to wear the latest trends for every occasion. And she wasn't alone! With a style studio packed with the trendiest of pieces from ASOS, Nordstrom Rack, and Sorel (plus hair styling from TRESemmé) she had our fellow terriers leaving the GSU equipped with the knowledge that only a true trendsetter would posess.  READ MORE

The Freshman 10: 10 Things NOT to Do as a Freshman

By Charlotte Mooney
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, a young maiden arrived at the ivy covered walls of her new home: Boston University. The maiden was both excited and terrified, as only a freshman could be, and hoped her new home would present her with a happily ever after of sorts. After she had unpacked her suitcases and boxes, and said a slightly tearful goodbye to her family, she found herself facing the endless possibilities and opportunities of freshman year. But with all these decisions, how did she know which ones would be the right ones? And as if answering her thoughts, she spotted a worn piece of paper on the floor of her dorm room, which read as follows…. 10 Things NOT to do as a freshman: ...

Top 5 Struggles of Off-Campus Living

By Emily Pickard
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Living off campus in an apartment or house with your friends can be awesome. You feel like a real adult- cooking your own food, cleaning up, no quiet hours, and you can decorate however you want. Even though living off campus has its struggles, I don’t think any of us miss the days of living in a tiny double room in Warren Towers! But of course, nothing is perfect, and anyone living off the BU main campus can definitely relate to these top five struggles of off-campus living… Timing READ MORE

Joy Cohen (CAS '16)

By Shannon Stocks
September 16, 2014 - 4:55am

Joy Cohen: Campus Celeb Twitter: @littlejoys_ Instagram: jysgc READ MORE

Concerts to Check Out This Semester

By Ava Varasteh
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Tired of the frat scene? Bored of bar crawling? No worries friends, because there are tons of great concerts in the upcoming months to help mix up your routine. Whether you’re in the mood for a chill time or a raging dance party there are tons of options all throughout the semester. Keep reading to see if your favorite band is coming to the area and get your tickets fast!   September 20th – Lily Allen at House of Blues http://boston.eventful.com/events/lily-allen-/E0-001-070642277-0   September 21st – The Black Keys at TD Garden READ MORE

Living on Your Own: Expectations vs. Reality

By Ava Varasteh
September 14, 2014 - 1:00pm

You’re finally on your own, living with your friends in an apartment, no parents, no rules. But as fun as it can be, you soon find out that in some regards it sounds a lot better than it actually is. Keep reading for the most classic situations that turn out much differently than you imagined! Ah, independence, finally Expectation: No Parents!! Reality: But now we have a landlord Decorating is going to be soo fun READ MORE