Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Our 2014 Finals Week Survival Kit!

By Samantha Bello
May 16, 2014 - 11:14am

After finishing up finals week here at HC BU, we can't thank the national team enough for sending us amazing study snacks to help us power through our final exams! Our 2014 Finals Survival Kits were filled with the following study snacks to keep us fed through finals: 1. Popchips (@popchips)
Popchips have the deliciousness of potato chips with none of the guilt (No, we aren't kidding!). With just 100 calories per bag, popchips are the healthy alternative to your regular potato chip. Instead of being baked or fried, these chips are popped! They're naturally delicious and healthier - leaving you with all of the flavor, but only half the fat of a regular potato chip. ...

Recapping The Best Moments of the Year at BU

By Summer Ford
May 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

We worked hard. And we certainly played harder. But this school year is coming to an end. Perhaps, before moving on we should take a moment to reflect on we loved most from this 2013-2014 academic year. From early school sponsored events like Splash to later Boston events like Marathon Monday, we’ve definitely had some time well spent here at BU. Here’s what some of you had to say about your favorite BU moment this year:    READ MORE

5 Must-Read Books for the Summer

By Shannon Stocks
May 8, 2014 - 9:00am

If you are anything like me, you love to read but find it hard to do so during the school year. Every time I attempt to crack open the spine of a juicy novel I picked up in the bookstore, or even at Goodwill, I feel this nag inside, knowing that my eyes could be put to better use reading my Linguistics textbook. Summer is the perfect time to adjust your eyes to absorbing stories rather than statistics, and here are some perfect novels that I would recommend for those lazy beach days: 1) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein   READ MORE

Why I'm a "Fal Pal"

By Charlotte Mooney
May 7, 2014 - 9:00am

As a kid, I never had the opportunity to stay up and experience the whole late night TV scene. But as a college student who doesn’t consider going to bed until after midnight, it’s a whole new world to say the least. No one makes me laugh harder on a consistent basis—or has raised the bar for my future husband higher—than Jimmy Fallon. From his start on Saturday Night Live, where him breaking character was the funniest part of his sketches, I developed a crush on the funny man. So yes, you could say I’m a “Fal Pal” (name for a Jimmy Fallon fan) to say the least. He’s just the cutest little nugget, and his creative bits on The Tonight Show never cease to make me laugh. What else do you need in life? Here are the 11 reasons why I’m a “Fal Pal.”...

Life Lessons We’ve Learned From “Friends”

By Ava Varasteh
May 6, 2014 - 9:00am

How to deal when your best friend and ex start dating:     To love yourself:   How to properly use air quotes:   READ MORE

22 Facebook Pages to Like

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
May 5, 2014 - 4:00pm

Studying for final exams is never fun. We have to dig back to first day’s notes, make a 100-page study guide, isolate ourselves from any distractions, and hope for the best. We loathe them (finals), but we can’t pass the class without them. As we dive into our study routines, we must remember to schedule time for ourselves. When studying for 12 hours straight, it is imperative that we break away from the books and free our minds. A common “escape” tool is Facebook (You know it’s true). Isolation can cause serious separation anxiety. Facebook is a drug. We need it, crave it, and rely on it for its information seven days a week. So what’s the point I am trying to make? Find entertainment through Facebook Pages. READ MORE...

Dorms Close for Summer Vacation

By Allison Rebecca Penn
May 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

At this time, all residences close for non-degree candidates for summer vacation. Her Campus BU wishes that all of our readers enjoy their summer vacations! READ MORE

Terriers @ Work: Families For Depression Awareness

By Allison Rebecca Penn
May 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

Join the Twitter conversation to learn what it’s like to work in the shoes of Mike Barry (CAS/COM'13). He will post messages and photos over the course of the day about his position as Marketing Coordinator at the nonprofit, Families for Depression Awareness through the Twitter account. READ MORE

Mugar Open 24 Hours!

By Allison Rebecca Penn
May 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

Mugar is open 24 hours a day to help you study for finals! Your terrier card will be needed for access during late night hours. Mugar is also providing a safe, late-night van service to pick you up and drop you off where you need to be. For more information, please visit: http://www.bu.edu/library/news/2014/04/22/mugar-library-extended-hours-for-final-exams-3/ READ MORE

Last Meal at All Dining Halls

By Allison Rebecca Penn
May 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

Tonight, after dinner, all Dining Rooms close for the year for all non-degree candidates. Stay posted with all meal information relating to finals period here: https://www.facebook.com/budiningservice READ MORE