Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Are You Wearing the Right Bra?

By Nicole Gergits
October 24, 2014 - 11:45am

Many women are well educated about style. They know what outfits flatter their figures best and what hair colors suit their skin tones. Many women, though, are making one big mistake every day: they’re wearing the wrong bra. And wearing the wrong bra essentially turns even the best outfit to crap. I was a sales associate at Victoria’s Secret this summer, and although I was only working there for the summer, I feel as though I have gained a lot of insight on the way bras should look and feel for all women. READ MORE

Why 90's Music is Better Than Music Today

By Sam Peters
October 24, 2014 - 11:30am

As many BU students are children of the 90s, this decade holds an extremely special place in our hearts. We all remember the ridiculously voluminous front bangs, high waisted jeans and fabulous scrunchies (many of which we donned ourselves.) But what makes the 90s really so special? Two words: the music. In a time of synthesized industry songs, lackluster lyrics and highly sexualized and demeaning messages, music today strays far from the iconic tunes of our adolescent years. From Britney to N'sync and all those in between, let's take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about why 90s music is better than music today. 1.     Pop Music READ MORE

Denim for Days

By Madison Smith
October 24, 2014 - 11:30am

One thing I am absolutely positive about in life is that jeans will never go out of style. Trust me, they just won't. Even 9,000 years from now, when the world is ending, we will all be wearing jeans. The analogy I use to best explain the importance of jeans is their similarity with pizza. Pizza has been around forever and I believe 99% of the world loves it. There used to be just the basics; cheese, pepperoni, veggie etc. Nowadays there are more types of pizza than shoes in my closet (that is a lot). They even have breakfast and dessert pizzas! Jeans are the same way. No, there are no breakfast or dessert jeans (although I tend to wear my stretchiest pair during these meals) but there are so many different styles available....

3 Ways To Rock A Plaid Shirt In The Fall

By Paige Breaux
October 23, 2014 - 1:30pm

One fall trend that never seems to go out of style is plaid. A good plaid shirt is an incredibly versatile wardrobe staple that can be paired with so many different pieces in your closet! Keep reading for some fresh new suggestions for styling that trusty button-down that are a bit more exciting than the usual jeans and tank top combo. 1)  Preppy READ MORE

Emojis: Decoded

By Ava Varasteh
October 23, 2014 - 1:26pm

1. What it means: Oh damn. The situation: Someone just sent you a picture of their Big Mac with a side of fries and a McFlurry while you’re sitting at Sweet Green eating a sad, sad salad.   2.   What it means: PREACH! READ MORE

10 Desk Décor Ideas to Spruce Up the Study Space

By Eliza White
October 22, 2014 - 11:30am

Getting the motivation to sit down at your desk and study is already nearly impossible. How can we concentrate when we are busy falling for fall? Taking a glimpse at your study space, barren with some stray broken pens and empty gum wrappers, ruins any chance you have at being productive. These 10 décor ideas probably won’t make studying any easier, but they might make you just a little bit happier amidst that homework grind. 1. Bring a little nature into the room to juxtapose with the cinderblock dorm walls. You may be stuck inside on the nicest day ever, but at least you have a cactus. READ MORE

McKenzie Hollenbaugh (SHA’16)

By Agatha Brandfield-Harvey
October 22, 2014 - 11:30am

READ MORE

3 Ways to Support Breast Cancer Awareness

By Amy Alexander
October 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

We all love the month of October, because it means pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, and football. Well here’s even more to love: October is also the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. Her Campus BU is a huge supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness month, because it brings together two of our all-time favorite things: the color pink and giving back to our community. READ MORE

7 Cute and Easy Halloween Desserts

By Emily Pickard
October 21, 2014 - 11:40am

Are you going to a Halloween Party and looking for something fun to bring? Are you looking to make something fun for your club, sorority, roommates, residents or neighbors? Well look no further! These 7 Halloween Desserts are cute and easy to make, plus they’re an inexpensive Halloween treat for you and your friends! Check out these, and if you’re looking for more, you can of course head over to Pinterest to satisfy all of your dessert needs! Candy Corn Jello Cups What you need: -       Small plastic cups READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Jenna Abbot

By Allison Rebecca Penn
October 21, 2014 - 11:30am

On Sunday, I caught Jenna Abbot on the phone as she was returning to her home in Stuvi I after seeing a close friend perform in Stage Troupe’s Parents Weekend “Into the Woods” show. Even though she’s busy with her courses, thinking about graduation, social justice initiatives and Kappa Delta, she still finds time to spend time catch up with her friends. Jenna is the kind of person who glows with life…and knows EVERYONE. And if you don’t know her, I’m sure she’d love to get to know you. She radiates enthusiasm and passion in all that she does. Jenna cares so much about her friends and community, but also the world. READ MORE