Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BU Archives

Celebrity Styles

By Madison Smith
October 30, 2014 - 11:00am

We have all gone through different fashion phases in our lives, from tomboy to super preppy polo-wearing princess. Despite the differences, these styles all share one thing in common: an inspiration. I would like to think that I came up with the clothes to wear during my emo days, but I didn't. I was inspired by bands and people I saw in magazines and on TV. Having a fashion icon inspiration is important in life. I’m here to help you along that path and inspire you to look your best at all times. Here are some celebrities that are worth stalking because their outfit game is top notch. READ MORE

5 Ways To De-Stress

By Victoria Diamond
October 30, 2014 - 11:00am

5 Easy Ways to De-Stress 1. Call your parents or a friend at home and vent. You’ll feel a lot better about everything going on, even after just telling someone about it, and it definitely doesn’t hurt to get assurance from the people you love most. 2. Go to FitRec! I know this doesn’t sound too feasible when you’re swamped with a ton of homework, but exercising has been proven to reduce stress. And you know you’re bound to spend time procrastinating with online shopping and Netflix anyway, so you might as well go out to the gym and see if it puts you in a better mood.  READ MORE

Ben Djaha (SHA '17)

By Brielle Farruggio
October 30, 2014 - 11:00am

If you love reality TV, anything to do with fashion, and swanky restaurants, Ben Djaha is the guy to meet.  With his smarts, amazing sense of style, and outgoing personality, it is safe to say that this New York native has it all.  A sophomore in the School of Hospitality, and this week’s Campus Cutie, Ben loves to spend his time exploring, always searching for some of Boston’s coolest spots.  If not at his favorite restaurant, Mistral, you can be sure to find him on Newbury Street in one of his favorite stores, Louis or The Tannery. READ MORE

Ebola: From the Front Lines

By BU Contributor
October 29, 2014 - 5:55pm

On Thursday, October 30 SPH will be hosting a two-hour seminar on Ebola. Medical and public health experts from SPH, BUSM/NEIDL and the Commonwealth will discuss facts about Ebola, firsthand experience in Sierra Leone, health system preparedness in Massachusetts and the US, quarantine, travel restrictions, ethical and legal issues, and research. Speakers: George Annas, SPH; Nahid Bhadelia, BUSM/NEIDL; Mary Clark, Preparedness and Emergency Management Director, Massachusetts; Alfred DeMaria, Medical Director and State Epidemiologist, Massachusetts; Wendy Mariner, SPH. For more information, contact Kara Peterson (617-63804052, kara@bu.edu). No admissions fee.   READ MORE

BU Terriers vs. Providence Friars

By BU Contributor
October 29, 2014 - 5:45pm

Cheer on your #6 BU terriers as they face off with the #9 Providence, RI Friars!  READ MORE

Providence Friars vs BU Terriers

By BU Contributor
October 29, 2014 - 5:45pm

Cheer on your #6 BU terriers as they face off with the #9 Providence, RI Friars! Be sure to dress in costume as this will be the Second annual Super Hero night. Dress as your favorite hero, villian, or character to win great prizes like a $250 jetblue grand prize winner gift card and $100, $50, and $25 Domino's gift cards for runner ups! READ MORE

Stage Troupe Presents: Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf

By BU Contributor
October 29, 2014 - 5:35pm

Kilachand Halloween Party

By BU Contributor
October 29, 2014 - 5:35pm

Kilachand Hall will host a Halloween Party on Oct. 31 from 6-8pm in its common room. There will be food, music, dancing, pumpkin painting, and a costume contest! READ MORE

The Fresh Fashionista

By Caroline Rodman
October 29, 2014 - 11:30am

Brielle Farruggio READ MORE

15 Things You Want To Know About Dylan O'Brien

By Roxanne Rittmann
October 29, 2014 - 11:30am

If you haven’t already seen “The Maze Runner,” you should probably hurry to the next cinema while you still have the chance. Why? Because of major man candy Dylan O’Brien! You may know this 23-year old (rumored to be recently single), 5’11’’, brown-eyed New Jersey stud as Stiles Stilinski from MTV’s series “Teen Wolf,” but Stiles is about to rise to fame as Thomas in Wes Ball’s YA sci-fi, action movie.  Here are 15 things you should know about this heartthrob before he becomes a superstar: READ MORE