This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Alex Yang is a sophomore majoring in finance and minoring in economics. He is an international student from Taiwan, and attended high school in Bangkok. In his free time, Alex likes to play squash and read.

“I love reading about the lives of different people,” Alex said. “I read this book called The Glass Castle, in which the author grew up with parents who just could not commit to work so they were poor and full of empty promises, but she loved them nonetheless. So I guess I enjoy reading about the struggles of different people because that puts my life into perspective.”

When he’s not busy studying, Alex participates in on campus groups and activities. He is a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity and the Finance and Investment Club. He is also part of the Omicron pledge class in the professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi.

Alex is a mature and self-aware individual who is passionate about both experiencing the world and making a difference.

“I would like to travel, experience life in different cities with different cultures and dynamics,” Alex said. “Hopefully, this will bring me a broader perspective on the lives of peoples in different cities. With a broader perspective, I would be able to influence the world better from the World Bank or IMF.”

Alex is fun and adventurous, but also thoughtful and easy-going. His idea of a perfect date entails a relaxing afternoon getting to know the other person and just enjoying spending time with her.

“My ideal date would probably be having a nice dinner or lunch, then just walking her around the city, river, wherever, and casually walking and talking,” Alex said. “This gives us an opportunity to point out things that are meaningful to us.”

Alex is looking for a girl who is patient, confident and compassionate. His perfect girl is someone he can share laughs and good conversations with, and who has an equally fun and offbeat personality.

“My ideal girl is someone with a good sense of humor, who isn’t afraid to have fun, and who is not afraid to speak her mind,” Alex said. “She is someone who knows and believes that people are just different and unique, and even though the situation may not make it seem so, there is no one that is inherently better than anyone else.”

Ladies, don’t miss out on this incredible guy!

Sarah is an undergraduate student at Boston University pursuing a dual-degree in Neuropsychology and Journalism.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.