Alex Silberman (SMG ’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ambitious, creative and decisive are three terms that this week’s Campus Cutie, Alex Silberman (SMG ’17), uses to describe himself. Even after just a brief interview, I must say that I would have to agree with his description. The newly confirmed brother of professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi has a long list of achievements that would impress even the most accomplished of collegiettes, and his list of goals will continue to astonish you.

Despite his freshman standing, Alex didn’t hesitate to get involved with the BU community. Aside from his intense dedication to schoolwork and the time he commits completing work for his Business Administration and Economics dual degree, Alex has obtained a position within BU student government and is currently running on a slate within SMG’s student government.

Alex has also recently been initiated into Alpha Kappa Psi, which he considers to be one of his greatest achievements thus far. The pledge process challenged him as a student, as an intellectual, and as a team member, but the experience is one of the things he values most about his time at BU thus far. “At initiation I was really excited. I was definitely a little emotional about it. Looking back over the past few weeks, I was so proud of how far we had come and of what we had accomplished as a team… being initiated kind of validated that.”

This Cutie’s talents definitely don’t end with his impressive academic capabilities and his involvement in campus groups, though. Alex is a world traveler, having visited Italy, France, England, and most Caribbean islands (just to name a few). Looking to spend some time with this week’s Cutie? Meet him on the beach in Sorrento, Italy, one of his favorite places. If the trip to Italy seems a little unattainable, find Alex playing one of the pianos on BU’s campus. Feel free to make a request, because this Cutie can play by ear!

If his ability to play piano isn’t swoon-worthy enough, Alex has an adventurous side, too. For all of you edgier collegiettes, join Alex for a skydiving adventure (he’s already been, and he’d be happy to give you a few pointers). This Cutie has a bucket list that includes goals of going on a safari, obtaining a scuba license, and sailing around the world. If these adventures aren’t quite down your alley, opt instead to spend time with Alex watching his all-time favorite movie, Zoolander, or impress him with your cooking skills (he’s dying to learn some of his own)!

This Cutie is looking for a girl who is just as strong-willed as he is. He loves a girl who is funny and personable, and is also looking for someone who can keep him motivated and focused. With ambitions like his, Alex needs a girl who can thrive off of his passion and support him while he achieves his goals. Wondering what a date with this Cutie would be like? It would start with a dinner, “probably Italian,” and end with a walk on the beach. This Boca Raton native might be a New Englander during the academic year, but he loves to spend time on the sand whenever he can.

Find Alex at late night at Melville Lounge, one of his favorite places on campus, and talk to him about his favorite author, Ken Follett, or the most recent episode of American Horror Story.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.