The ABCs of Boston: Breakfast, Quincy Market, and a Coffee Shop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Plough and Stars
I thought I would make Plough and Stars my “P” for this week’s ABCs, as it was recently highlighted by the Globe Magazine as one of the 45 Best Breakfast Joints in the area.  Located in Cambridge on Mass Ave, Plough and Stars is not far from BU’s campus.  An Irish Pub, Plough and Stars changes up its menu on Saturday and Sunday mornings for a hearty breakfast.  From your classic Irish Breakfast to the unusual Blackened Catfish Fillet, the menu at Plough and Stars is extensive and offers something for every diner.

Quincy Market
Located in Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market is an indoor pavilion with numerous food stands and vendor booths.  Quincy Market is a popular spot for many locals during the lunch and dinner hours, and it is a great spot to walk around on a rainy afternoon.  Once you enter the doors of Quincy Market, you are instantly hit with all of the wonderful aromas of each of the food stands.  Quincy Market has it all—from Clam Chowder and Lobster Rolls to Ice Cream and Pastries, purchasing something while at Quincy Market is practically unavoidable, so make sure you pack your wallet!

Render Coffee
Open since late October 2011, Render Coffee is a coffee joint located in the South End of Boston.  With excellent coffee and café food selections, Render Coffee is a great place to stop in for a coffee on the go or to sit back and relax and enjoy the company of some new friends.  

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.