8 Signs Your Roomie is Actually Your Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Everyone always says that your college roommate ends up becoming your BFF or your sister, but sometimes you’ll find that your relationship can be less Gossip Girl and more Gilmore Girls. If your roomie does any of the following things, you may discover that you’ve got yourself another Mom away from home who will always be there to look out for you!

1. She tells you to text her when you leave a party to make sure you get home safely:

2. She listens and offers advice when you complain to her all about your current dating woes. And your roomie gets protective if the guy you’re dating starts acting like a jerk:

3. She reminds you to take care of the household chores:

4. She acts super proud when you tell her you aced that big project you’ve been working on for weeks:

5. She reminds you to grab your keys (ID, coat, purse, etc.) when you leave the room:

6. She checks up with you to make sure you’re getting enough sleep and lets you know if she’s worried that lately you’ve been pulling too many all–nighters:

7. She’ll always share the yummy baked goods from her family’s care packages:

But best of all: When you’re having a tough time you know you can always be honest with her about your problems and she’ll be there to give you the support you need!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.