7 Problems Anyone Who’s Taken the BU Shuttle Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Boston University is well known for many things, one of which is its absurdly long campus, stretching nearly two miles from Danielson to 1047. It would be impossible to make it to class on time if you had to rely on walking. Luckily BU has a shuttle that runs from its Medical Campus in South Boston to West Campus. Unfortunately, riding the shuttle is almost always an awful and sweaty experience… and that’s when the shuttle even shows up to begin with. Here are seven problems anyone who has had to ride the BU shuttle knows to be true.

1.) When there are three busses in front of FitRec and all three are out of service.

2.) When you are trying to get from class in SED to class in CGS, but the next shuttle is twenty minutes away.

Guess it’s time to run walk and be 15 minutes late to class  

3.) When it’s raining so you know the shuttle is more crowded than an Allston basement.

I keep hearing that BU is getting more selective, and yet there are still way too many people here.

4.) When everyone is scrambling to get onto the shuttle, and it’s worse than Black Friday at Target.

5.) When you get there just as the doors are closing and the bus driver refuses to open them for you.

6.) When it’s late and the shuttle is on the evening schedule so suddenly you’re in South Campus.

7.) When the BU app isn’t working so you’re flying blind.

* stands out in street to try and spot shuttle *

8.) When you cannot fathom how over $60,000 a year doesn’t get you a more reliable shuttle system.

Despite all its many problems, I will continue to ride the shuttle because standing in a confined space with 100 strangers is still better than getting up early enough to walk to class.

Sophie is a junior at Boston University studying Psychology and Education. When she isn't memorizing parts of the brain or writing papers on the philosophies of teaching, she likes to dance, shop, and obsess over her pet rabbit.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.