7 Brunch Places to Try Before Going Home for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Tired of studying for finals and want a delicious break? Well, here you have it! Brunch is great any day of the week (and any time, really, but that’s just me), and is the perfect place to go for an hour or two out of the dorms. These places are delicious, fun, and most importantly, pretty cheap! So before you go home for the summer, check out one (or all!) of these cool places.

1. The Breakfast Club

With its ‘80s atmosphere and John Hughes-themed menu, The Breakfast Club should be a staple for any Bostonian. The inside of the diner is surrounded by old movie memorabilia, and the food itself is tasty and satisfying.

Recommendation: The Basket Case 

2. The Friendly Toast

You’ll probably have to wait for a table, but believe me, it’s worth it! Another retro-style diner in Back Bay, The Friendly Toast offers a range of fun brunch options that’ll leave you wanting more. 

Recommendation: King Cakes

3. Metropolis

Metropolis is a smaller cafe, but it definitely gives off the “cozy” feel. With a more traditional breakfast menu—and killer coffee—you can’t go wrong with this brunch location. 

Recommendation: The Metropolis Breakfast 

4. Bee’s Knees

The Bee’s Knees, located in Allston, is a fun and unique brunch spot. The store itself is a market, with seating inside for brunch-goers. It’s cheap, yummy, and super cool. There’s no doubt that this place is the Bee’s Knees! (Sorry).

Recommendation: Egg McMuffin  

5. Mike’s City Diner

Mike’s City Diner is the epitome of a classic diner experience. This Guy Fieri-approved spot usually has a line, but once you’re sat down in front of a hot cup of coffee, you’ll know it was worth it. And yes, it’s definitely normal to want to eat everything on the menu.

Recommendation: The Dynamic Duo with home fries 

6. Crispy Crepes Café

Recently opened on Comm Ave, this brunch location has more than just its titular crepes to offer. The café also makes kabobs, paninis, omelets, and more. The crepes themselves come in a variety of sweet and savory, ready to satisfy any craving.  

Recommendation: Banana, Nutella, and Coconut Crepe

7. Tatte 

A recent HCBU fave, Tatte is located just a 10 minute walk from the center of Boston University’s campus. This bakery serves up a mean breakfast, and has food for every time of the day. 

Recommendation: Potato & Jerusalem Artichoke Fritatta

Enjoy, and good luck with finals!

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.