This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

5 Easy Ways to De-Stress

1. Call your parents or a friend at home and vent. You’ll feel a lot better about everything going on, even after just telling someone about it, and it definitely doesn’t hurt to get assurance from the people you love most.

2. Go to FitRec! I know this doesn’t sound too feasible when you’re swamped with a ton of homework, but exercising has been proven to reduce stress. And you know you’re bound to spend time procrastinating with online shopping and Netflix anyway, so you might as well go out to the gym and see if it puts you in a better mood. 

3. Okay, maybe two naps a day might not fit within your schedule, but you can definitely squeeze in one. With all of your classes, clubs, and everything else you have going on, sleep is really important in keeping your sanity. So take some time out of your day to sleep for at least 20 minutes to keep yourself refreshed.

4. Get away from your responsibilities for a bit and spend some time with your friends. Even though you have a lot to do, you need to keep a balance. If you’re really on a time-crunch, take some friends to the library with you and do your work together.

5. Take a deep breath. The last time you were this stressed, it all worked out in the end. You’ll find a way to get all of your work done and still have fun, just relax!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.