5 Restaurants in Boston You Need to Try This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Calling all foodies! This one goes out to you. Are you fed up of the same old, same old in the dining hall, or tired of cooking for yourself in your apartment? Grab some girlfriends, and treat yourself to a dinner out (why not celebrate making it through midterms?). Here are some of the best restaurants Boston has to offer. I’ve broken them down by neighborhood, and each offer an experience with a different type of cuisine. Explore their menus, and keep your phone handy to make reservations! Bon Appétit!

Allston: Ki Bistro

This is a newbie in the Boston restaurant scene, and is located just a stone’s throw from West campus. It offers an East meets West vibe, and puts a Southeastern Asian spin on Western favorites. We definitely recommend giving a kim chi burger with a ramen bun a try!

Back Bay: Dirty Water Dough Company

Dirty Water Dough is by no means your typical pizza joint. Their pie toppings are super unique, and range from ‘Fenway Frank’ to ‘Mac Cheesy,’ and even ‘Dirty Taco.’ If you’re feeling adventurous, this spot is perfect for you!

Coolidge Corner: 404 Tapas and Bar

Another new spot, 404 is a great spot for tapas. This place is ideal for getting a bunch of small plates and sharing with your friends. They have a killer brunch on weekends too! And yes, your eyes did not deceive you; that menu does say “deep fried oreos.”

Fenway: El Pelón Taqueria

Call me crazy, but this hidden Mexican spot puts Chipotle to shame. El Pelón is your spot for authentic Mexican on a college student budget. You can’t go wrong with one of their super-stuffed burritos, and they just might have the best guacamole in Boston.

North End: Caffé Vittoria

A rundown of Boston restaurants would not be complete without the North End! This quaint Italian café is your spot for authentic Italian pizza, pasta and cappuccinos. Make sure you save room for dessert, because their gelato is to die for.

Harvard Square: Mr. Bartley’s

This one is a Boston restaurant staple that you may or may not have heard of. Mr. Bartley’s Burgers, located right in Cambridge’s Harvard Square, offers a lengthy list of creatively crafted burgers named after some of our favorite celebrities. Their frappes and fries complete the experience. The place is small, so be prepared for it to be packed.

What’s your favorite restaurant in the city? Share with us in the comments section below!

Devoted fan of ballet flats, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s," Italian desserts and pajama sets. Firm believer that I was Audrey Hepburn in my past life. Journalism sophomore at Boston University. Follow @hrh_victoria on Twitter.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.