books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Must-Have Songs for Your Study Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I have the strangest taste in music while I’m studying. Sometimes, I’ll just blast loud rock music to get me through. Other times, I need peaceful instrumental music to help me de-stress. My study playlist is a mosaic of songs from the most diverse of genres that really help me through every study session. Here’s a list of my five personal favorites to add to your Spotify study playlist!

1. “Love” by Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar hasn’t always been my personal favorite, but the background beats of “Love” definitely help me get through writing 100 pages of notes every night.

2. “Settle Down” by The 1975

Sure, this song might be a little old. But who doesn’t like a throwback, especially if it’s The 1975. While not everyone’s cup of tea, this rock band never fails to uplift my mood, especially when cramming for that midterm. 

3. “Power (Instrumental)” by Kanye West

Another rap song made the cut with Kanye’s “Power.” This song may not be the best music to study to, but the instrumental version is perfect for anyone who wants to feel motivated and powerful while hustling through homework.

4. “Mi Gente” by J Balvin, Willy William (feat. Beyoncé)

Any playlist of mine is incomplete without Beyonce, but the fact that she featured in this special version of “Mi Gente” just fires up this already trending song. If you like to break out in dance during study sessions with your friends, this is the song for you.

5. “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back” by Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes holds a soft spot in my heart, so any track from him is never a disappointment. Plus, the fast-paced beats are great for writing notes or just solving 50 calculus problems in between classes!

Hopefully, some of my suggestions got you motivated to go study and crush that exam! What are some of your favorite study songs?

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.