18 Things BU Students are Guilty Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In case you feel ashamed of yourself for doing something mildly pathetic on a regular basis whether it be on Comm Ave or on the Internet, fret not! You are not alone. Here are just a few guilty acts we BU students commit, some, on a daily basis. Even I am openly admitting my guilt over most of the items on this list (ehem, #7, #11 and #13)

1. Taking the elevator to the 2nd floor of CAS when no one is looking.

2. Stealing some type of utensil or dinnerware from one of the dining halls as a freshman

3. Instagramming photos of the view from StuVi despite the fact everyone has seen it already.

4. Momentarily freaking out when you find out Dean Elmore or any other notable BU twitter is following you.

5. Shamelessly sprinting for the BU bus as it drives past you to the bus stop down the block.

6. Scurrying over to the kiosk on Comm Ave that is giving out free Sabra Hummus

7. Taking impromptu trips to CVS and coming out with at least $30 worth of stuff you probably didn’t need.

8. Shaking your head in disapproval when someone phonetically pronounces “CAS” 

9. Probably hitting someone behind you with the swinging doors in CAS

10. Posting your schedule for next semester on Facebook to either gloat about how much free time you have or draw pity based on how full your schedule is 

11. Letting out a horrible groan when you find out the up escalator at Warren Towers is not running.

12. Picking up the pace and gluing your eyes to your phone when you see a Planned Parenthood representative down the block who just wants a “moment of your time.”

13. Waiting for the T or BU bus when you could have walked to your destination in half the time.

14. Casually crossing Comm ave a moment before the light turns green for the pack of cars that are about to lunge at you

15. Being that person who takes the aisle seat of a lecture and then gets peeved when 20 students have to climb over you.

16. Taking up the large booths in the Back Court of the GSU when you’re only two or even one person. 

17. Still resorting to Spark Notes, something that seemed so high school.

18. Going to Mugar library only to get zero work done (Kudos for trying though!)

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."