10 Must-Go Places to Eat When You’re in Chinatown, Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

What I love most about the Chinatown in Boston is of course the food! I like that there’s so many options and different types of cuisine other than Chinese. I’ve grown up near Chinatown my entire life and these ten places are just some of the favorites I’ve always loved to go to when I’m hungry.

1.     Avana Sushi

If you want some fast and cheap sushi on-the-go, this is the place for you. They have so many options for such a low-price that once you start buying sushi from here, you’ll probably never want to go to any other sushi restaurant. The staff here is also extremely nice and they make sure you’re having a good time.

2.     Peach Farm

This restaurant serves authentic Chinese food and is truly a hidden gem. Debbie, a waitress there was recently featured in the Boston Magazine as the “multitasking badass behind Peach Farm.” If you’re around Chinatown late at night, stop by this restaurant for some delicious late-night Chinese food. The restaurant closes at 3 am in the morning every day of the week.

3.     Tea-Do

This bubble tea shop serves both hot and cold beverages as well as onigiris, which are these delicious Japanese rice balls wrapped in seaweed with your preference of toppings such as spam, chicken teriyaki or avocado. They also have tables for people to play Jenga or Uno. It’s a good spot to just have a good time with some friends.

4.     Crave: Mad for Chicken

This place recently just opened and serves Korean and Japanese food. If you’ve had BonChon chicken and enjoyed it, then you should try the soy garlic chicken at Crave. The Korean fried chicken is extra crunchy and has a great amount of flavor! They also have a variety of other food such as truffle fries, lobster Rangoon and sushi!

5.     Dumpling Café

If you’re in the mood for some high-quality dumplings, then go to the Dumpling Café. You have a variety of choices from steamed or fried dumplings, to Xiao Long Baos, which are these juicy steamed dumplings with soup inside.

6.     Pho Pasteur

Have some Vietnamese Pho and compliment it with some bubble tea at Pho Pasteur. These bowls of beef noodle soup are quite large in size so it’ll be worth your money. If you’re outside on a cold winter day, then you should consider warming yourselves up with some pho.

7.     Windsor Dim Sum Café

Looking for a place to get some dim sum? Well look no further! This place is very popular so make sure you make a reservation beforehand. This place charges by the dish, so it can be a lot cheaper than the other dim sum restaurants in Chinatown. Usually dim sum is only served in the morning, but if you’re craving some for dinner, Windsor Café will be open.

8.     Penang

This restaurant serves authentic Malaysian and Chinese food, and is a must-try when you’re in Chinatown. My favorite part about the restaurant is the décor where everything is made of wood and bamboo. They have many different options on their menu so there’s definitely something for everyone.

9.     Banh Mi

Try Banh mi or Vietnamese subs and complement them with some bubble tea at New Saigon Sandwich! It’s located right next to McDonald’s in Chinatown, Boston. There are a number of choices you can choose from: BBQ beef, shredded pork, teriyaki chicken and even vegetarian tofu. They are only $4 for one sandwich!

10.  Egg Puffs

Looking for some dessert? This was what I had when I was growing up. It’s basically little pancake balls where the exterior is crunchy but once you bite into them it’s soft and cakey. The same sweet old Chinese lady sells them in her cute and little pink cart. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.